Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I keep using Bowsette in these polls or is the meme dead
This poll is closed.
Bowsette will never die 73 23.03%
Please stop, it stopped being funny months ago 34 10.73%
Same as a above but I want to add it was never funny 47 14.83%
I really don't care either way 25 7.89%
Bowsette 138 43.53%
Total: 317 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was deleting screenshots and saw one I had taken where the rocker girl in Danganrompa says, apropos of absolutely nothing, "I'll C you next Tuesday!"

I'm entirely convinced the translators just wanted to put that "joke" in without any care about the fact that it made literally no sense in any way. It actually somehow makes less sense if you "get" it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've come to realize I'm not even like 1/4 through Berseria and getting fatigued by the combat so I restarted Horizon and wow, it's even better than I remember!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

“I’d gently caress me” was a line spoken by a serial killer

I was going to post exactly this lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bushisms.txt posted:

Trans exclusionary radical feminists

Folks who use feminist language for biotruth gatekeeping. A big tactic of theirs is trying to call terf a slur against all women.

You'll also be hearing about SWERFS, sex worker exclusionary radical feminists, if you follow along with all this.

TERFs are almost as bad as people who were born female and think that anyone who "looks male" but identifies as nonbinary is trying to get away with something. As someone with a penis that is nonbinary this is extra annoying to me. Let alone the stupidity of buying into the notion that certain appearance things "are" masculine in the first place.

It's hella regressive to start with the presumption that certain things "are" feminine and some "are" masculine. To be actually progressive, a good start would be to stop thinking "oh, you wear dresses and makeup, that's feminine" or "oh you have facial hair, that's masculine". Ugh.

And don't get me started on how lovely people treat bi/pansexuals as "not really queer"

Ugh.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was thinking the whole new Sonic/redesign deal might have been intentional in order to get attention, but to quote the CEO of Coke when asked if the new Coke/Coke Classic debacle was planned:

"The truth is, we're not that dumb... and we're not that smart."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the MediEvil games were good and I'm genuinely looking forward to the remake

Hell yeah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

being rolled up into "Vice Gaming" which means everyone will probably be laid off soon and replaced with freelance 'contributors'

Ah, Vice, the Arby's of journalism

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The problem with assigning intent - "fake woke" - is that it implies an ability to read minds, a science that is tenuous at best

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

you don't need to read minds, performative wokeness has a certain stink to it that legitimate caring about people doesn't

It's not that I disagree, but that once you go down that rabbit hole I don't know where you stop. So few people in the world legitimately care about others. And in the definition, too - do you think it's only "allies" who do "performative wokeness"?

I mean a bunch of you hate me for posting stupid poo poo but at the end of the day I'm probably infinitely more in the "I actually care about other people" camp than others.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I still haven't played Danganrompa 3

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

You're missing out huge

I know, I keep hearing about how good it is, I just keep missing it being on sale :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only trailer I've seen for Rage 2 seemed to heavily rely on me having played and enjoyed the first game, and gave me no compelling sense of why I should play it or what it is

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yakuza is the only super open world thing I can get into lately. I prefer games that give me very definite achievable goals, such as "kill everybody"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

an actual dog posted:

yakuze isn't super open world tho

Yeah it is. The world is small but you're allowed, even encouraged, to gently caress off and do totally optional side things at pretty much all times

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PantsBandit posted:

You mean like in terms of having your character leveled enough? Hardly any. Healing items are so plentiful/cheap that you can just mainline the story and pound staminans if you want.

Yeah hard fights are very rare in the series and all of them can be cheesed with weapons and potions

That's actually what I'm doing to keep the combat fresh in Kiwami 2, I'm using weapons like all the time, whereas in every other game in the series I've used each weapon type exactly once to see its heat move

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
College football is great because of the sheer unbridled amount of pathos and drama

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The "Be My Baby" substory in Kiwami 2

:stare: :yikes: :allbuttons:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hate everything lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm supremely disappointed that Kiwami 2 doesn't let me go into "Girl's Bar Becky"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Without ever playing Drakengard 2 I can tell you it's absolutely better than Xenosaga Ep 2.

Trust me, Drakengard 2 is worse

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

Golly, that sure is stupid!

I mean, it's the same poo poo people have been doing forever, just much more visible

Like Tricky predicted in 1998, "everyone wants to be naked and famous"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Isn't shoe on head an insane and terrible alt right shithead though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Spiderman is one of the most purely joyful games I've ever played

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay well so this is absolutely loving great:

https://youtu.be/xhEq3qDdWE0

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Saint Freak posted:

Okay, Alex Jones Soundboard Man you take the left flank, and Guy With Open Mic And A Baby Screaming In The Background That You're Ignoring you watch our backs.

What about Guy Who's Having A Conversation With His Girlfriend

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yesterday I did the substory which prompts Kiryu to say "Pooping is normal"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

weird flex

I swear I only did that once and it was because she was stuck on a Danganrompa case!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bushisms.txt posted:

Is he wrong though?

As Kiryu would say, "everybody cranks it"

I'm thinking it wasn't an accident tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

where's my yak pack, does anyone have a gif of kiryu saying "that's rad"

NANI???

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm sorry but people who pronounce it "sness" are gonna be first against the wall

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shindragon posted:

I lived like an idiot I’ll die like an idiot. gently caress y’all.

Don't steal my tombstone idea

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

dark cloud is good, reject your notions of game age

They're really really good

I wasted so many hours playing mini golf in dungeons

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a super easy game so I wouldn't worry too much about it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The GameCube was incredibly well designed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man I do not like training people at work :mad:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Germans call it "Uber Neintendau"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The best word I learned in 3 years of German was "geistesbeschworer"

Necromancer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

The German word for birth control pill is Antibabypille, for real

Our teacher once wrote a word that had at least 50 letters in it on the board and told us it meant "fire insurance company"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Saying "this thing is bad and I like it" is an extremely Catholic form of self loathing that I refuse to subscribe to

I'm not saying I don't "get" the desire to say "this art is objectively poorly made but I enjoy it" but hear me out:

If you say "this Sebadoh song is recorded shittily and only has two chords and Lou Barlow can't sing so it's Bad but I love it" you're buying into a kind of artistic elitism that I just don't agree with, an elitism that suggests that technical proficiency is the only measure of objective quality, a mindset that ignores soul and heart

Same applies to all art forms.