Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

Al Lawson cosponsored HR 846 last go-around, so double WTF, Al?

The aid was well aware of what SBP-DIC offset was and said that he didn't know if anyone had talked to him yet about 553, but that the message would get passed along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Called my rep and got a bored-as-gently caress staffer who didn't take down my details other than my name and number. Followed it up with a full letter to her (Spanberger, VA07) office and a request for a response. Dunno why she would be opposed to it as she's former CIA, so we'll see

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
In previous exchanges with various Congressional staffers, it's usually due to things like "there are a skrabillion bills and we weren't aware of this one," "we haven't heard from enough constituents on this issue," and "where's the money gonna come from?"

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

egyptian rat race posted:

Called my rep and got a bored-as-gently caress staffer who didn't take down my details other than my name and number. Followed it up with a full letter to her (Spanberger, VA07) office and a request for a response. Dunno why she would be opposed to it as she's former CIA, so we'll see

I can't think of a single person who's credentials are enhanced by being former CIA.

Well, except for VileRat, but that's different on many levels.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
VileRat was state department. They’re the good people.

Shame on you for thinking otherwise.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1124395059464609792?s=19

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Found out my rep has not co-sponsored it. Sent him an email about it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

AND THEN MIKE HOLLENBECK, A SHIPPING CLERK IN BATTLE CREEK MICHIGAN, WILL HAVE FISH FOR LUNCH NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

THIS IS A SIGNAL TO BEGIN OPERATION POLLOCK A DECAPITATION STRIKE AGAINST SECRET ANTIFA AGENTS!!!!!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I'd feel bad for them if they weren't lovely people

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's almost like Nancy Reagan isn't dead.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/4evrmalone/status/1124293684214812674?s=19

Wish I could tap into that white man confidence

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Remember the time he asked one of his employees to perform oral sex on an official?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Billy McFarland is gonna boomerang back into prison after his release for some other douche bro crime.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/4evrmalone/status/1124293684214812674?s=19

Wish I could tap into that white man confidence

Isnt it illegal to profit from a book on a crime you were convicted for?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Isnt it illegal to profit from a book on a crime you were convicted for?

No.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

See: The Wolf of Wall Street.

I think it only counts if you murdered someone.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

kupachek posted:

I can't think of a single person who's credentials are enhanced by being former CIA.

Well, except for VileRat, but that's different on many levels.

She burned a tea party dipshit from Richmond in the last election. The same tea party dipshit that primaried Eric Cantor a couple of years back.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

See: The Wolf of Wall Street.

I think it only counts if you murdered someone.

I think that got over turned at the same time. The dude who wrote Goodfellas whacked a dude, and he was allowed to profit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Sam_law

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

psydude posted:

She burned a tea party dipshit from Richmond in the last election. The same tea party dipshit that primaried Eric Cantor a couple of years back.

Pretty sure Dave Brat is now teaching at Liberty, so he'll never learn what a shitheel he was. Lynchburg is pretty decent but I avoid anything to do with that place except the mountain bike trails behind the university

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bulletsponge13 posted:

I think that got over turned at the same time. The dude who wrote Goodfellas whacked a dude, and he was allowed to profit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Sam_law

it should be made more widely known that an enterprising individual can probably make a lot of money writing books recounting how people like the mercers begged for their life

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

M_Gargantua posted:

VileRat was state department. They’re the good people.

Shame on you for thinking otherwise.

There was a joke there you missed.

psydude posted:

She's looker better with each sentence.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLyeXHb4iCo

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

Pretty sure Dave Brat is now teaching at Liberty, so he'll never learn what a shitheel he was. Lynchburg is pretty decent but I avoid anything to do with that place except the mountain bike trails behind the university

I had a couple of friends who went to Lynchburg and always complained about the Liberty kids trying to sneak into their parties.

VA west of Richmond gets real weird. Like Farmville, for example; I don't know how anyone can stand spending 4 years at Longwood.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/oceanyia/status/1124111807696838658?s=19

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That's a pretty good headline.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The hero we need, but don't deserve.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Without a trial?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The To Troll a Predator videos were pretty funny back in their day. This is a natural evolution of that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

And people say superhero movies were a waste

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I cannot put in to words how much I loving LOVE what these guys are accomplishing with stuff like this. Watching these two dingbats fall all over themselves with "durr durr how do atheists pray?" like two seconds after saying, from their very own mouths, the website very clearly says "non-theistic" and just totally missing the entire loving point of why they're applying for the tax status is so, so revealing of the people who want to poo poo their pants about it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's perfect, they're so loving close to figuring it out.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

bird food bathtub posted:

I cannot put in to words how much I loving LOVE what these guys are accomplishing with stuff like this. Watching these two dingbats fall all over themselves with "durr durr how do atheists pray?" like two seconds after saying, from their very own mouths, the website very clearly says "non-theistic" and just totally missing the entire loving point of why they're applying for the tax status is so, so revealing of the people who want to poo poo their pants about it.

Also, I'm genuinely psyched at the prospect of a satanist chaplain.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1124...ingawful.com%2F

maybe he will send a flattering apology letter to trump

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1124...ingawful.com%2F

maybe he will send a flattering apology letter to trump

Shouldn’t have to apologize for any missile test ever. It seems to be just Iran and North Korea who don’t have permission from the US to develop a means to deter aggression. I really wonder if they would have been higher on the list than Iraq if they didn’t have such a strong conventional deterrent.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
College Republicans dumb

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Coldwar timewarp posted:

Shouldn’t have to apologize for any missile test ever. It seems to be just Iran and North Korea who don’t have permission from the US to develop a means to deter aggression. I really wonder if they would have been higher on the list than Iraq if they didn’t have such a strong conventional deterrent.

ya I guess that's true. I guess I just wanted a dig on trump. plus I think trump at one point said he got KJU to stop all missile tests

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nobody deserves to waste their youth quite like college republicans.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bird food bathtub posted:

I cannot put in to words how much I loving LOVE what these guys are accomplishing with stuff like this.

One of my buddies is pretty involved, solely because they’re a champion of first amendment rights, and pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. Been following it all through him. He even joined, which I’m half tempted to do.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 4, 2019

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Coldwar timewarp posted:

Holy poo poo, you might be the dumbest poster in a thread full of dumb vets and their political opinions. Do you have any idea how dumb that is?

It’s insanely dumb.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Well, it is simply a fact that DPRK and Iran survive via deterrence of foreign military intervention though.