Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

may day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvCGZEqk8Ak

Don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

They're all rich as poo poo, old as hell, and deeply insulated from the ravages of conservative policies which is why they think the GOP are just lovely people with political differences. They don't have to beg for donations to pay for chemo.

It's this. Things make a lot more sense if you look at it in terms of the powerful vs. the powerless, rather than democrat vs. republican.

Biden and Trump are on the same side in that conflict.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It may not have been the direct cause, but I think a lot of people agree that Phil Hartman's death was around the time that The Simpsons started getting bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's perfect, they're so loving close to figuring it out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

The 2020 Commission comes to mind again

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1124507938725384192

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McNally posted:

Someone in my Gold Star Facebook group put together a spreadsheet of all the Congressfuckers who haven't cosponsored HR 553. Instead of listing names, I'm going to list Congressional Districts.

If you live in one of the following districts, please ask your Congressfucker why they're a lovely loving human being.

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th, 6th, 9th
California: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 30th, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 38th, 43rd, 45th, 46th, 47th, 50th
Connecticut: 1st, 5th
Florida: 3rd, 5th, 11th, 12th, 19th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 27th
Georgia: 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 14th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd, 4th
Kentucky: 4th, 5th
Louisiana: 1st, 3rd, 6th
Maine: 2nd
Maryland: 1st, 5th, 6th
Massachusetts: 1st, 3rd, 7th, 9th
Michigan: 3rd, 13th, 14th
Minnesota: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Missouri: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th
Nebraska: 1st, 3rd
New Hampshire: 2nd
New Jersey: 9th
New Mexico: 2nd, 3rd
New York: 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th
North Carolina: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 16th
Oklahoma: 3rd, 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 18th
South Carolina: 1st, 6th, 7th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 24th, 27th, 29th, 30th, 35th, 36th
Virginia: 4th
Washington: 7th, 8th, 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th

Good to see Colorado is all on board for this. My work here is done.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prince Xenophobic Isolationism, The First of His Name

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Uncle, Prep The John Bull

LOCKED AND LOADED

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Subjects: Flatulence--1790-1800

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

alternatively, do this, but also eat 20mg of edibles beforehand

Shrooms too soon, inshallah.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

They hung Robert E Lee's ugly face on Stone Mountain for a reason.

Should have hanged him from it instead.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

At this point what is the real reason that people oppose marijuana? Those drat kids/racism/the cotton lobby like it's always been?

In addition, a lot of it is people just not wanting to admit that they were ever wrong about something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

psydude posted:

$60 a month seems really cheap for union dues. Like the cost savings from the better health insurance premiums alone would eclipse that.

Someone did the math on it, on average union members make around $3 an hour more than non-union, so by the third day of the month you'll have already broke even.

It seriously is that Simpsons episode.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's made national media already.

Because it's 2019, I'm going to bet that there is some tiny, almost insignificant hole in the girl's story, which the chuds will use to scream about how she and the media are obviously lying. We've all seen this before.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This poo poo is so loving stupid. It's like saying we need the Air Force to fight sky pirates, but also if it was 1870 and our best flight capability was hot air balloons.

We don't loving need a space force. Everything it could do right now is already being done by the AF.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's loving snowing here.

Arc Light posted:

Current event: I live near Crusty Minge, and goddamn that's no joke. Might actually be a snow day at my base if this keeps up overnight.

Yeah it's coming down like crazy here, wouldn't be surprised to wake up to at least half a foot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

what the gently caress

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arc Light posted:

I have no idea how hard evangelism is pushed at the academy, but religion in general was pushed hard for everyone. Back when I was in basic training, we all had to go to some kind of religious thing on Sunday morning. Atheism was no excuse; that was an order, albeit an illegal one. I went to the generic Christian service and snoozed with my eyes open, but I really regret that I never went to Wiccan services. From what I later learned, they gave out candy and drinks. We just got this awful song, which they played before every week's church service:

When I was there (02-06) it was being pushed super hardcore, not just evangelism but Christian supremacy. Chaplains instructed cadets to tell their non-religious or other-religious classmates that they would burn in hell for not accepting Jesus. There was blatant favoritism everywhere. As a white atheist I was able to blend in pretty well even though I opened my mouth far too often, but it was a terrible time for practicing Jewish cadets and the handful of Muslim cadets. From what I've heard, it hasn't changed much since then. It's all just so thoroughly entrenched from top to bottom.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Pelosi: now is not the time to talk about global warming or Medicare for all. We need to unify to hold Trump to account.

Also pelosi:

https://twitter.com/mepfuller/status/1131583072229629952?s=21

jfc

I'm so loving sick of being told that we need to unify with people who's primary goal is inflicting cruelty on others.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

CNN: "Trump signs executive order calling for all Americans to kill brown people."

Pelosi: "We must respect the authority of the Office of the President, even if we disagree with him."

"We would like to oppose the President's plan to gas all Muslims, but we don't want to make it a partisan issue."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bird cooch posted:

Why the straumann hyperbole? isn't reality weird enough right now?

What makes you think it's hyperbole? Also who gives a poo poo if it is?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:qq: Guys, aren't you being a little unfair to the administration full of demented morons who openly support white supremacy?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kind of makes him look like Eisenhower.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Is it one time if you marry that cousin?

It's like an american tradition to some extent. FDR and Eleanor were cousins.

tbf they were fifth cousins once removed (his great great grandfather was her great great great grandfather), which I'm pretty sure is statistical noise compared to the genetic similarity between random strangers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Couldn't ask for a better ending to Meltdown May :discourse:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's called "the good bread" but in French?

In the style of the good bread.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

The fries at five guys are better, but the burger at in n out is definitely superior.

In n out shakes are pretty drat good too.

Agreed, five guys burgers aren't that great. Basically just a wad of greasy flavorless meat, and YES MY MONITOR IS ON THANK YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

Password?

entropy9

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ah, am I late to the discussion about how John Ratcliffe, Republican representative from Texas's 4th district, is a coward and has no balls?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/445997-satanic-temple-cites-religious-beliefs-as-immunity-from-supreme-court

Satanic Temple cites religious beliefs as immunity from Supreme Court abortion ruling on fetal remains

Satanic Temple at it again. I need to join.

“The first step was to formally get recognized as a religion by the IRS. Now the Satanic Temple is leveraging that status to use religious freedom as a case for abortion rights. It's all rather unusual, but the end goal is to set up a Catch-22: the theocrats will have to choose between religious liberty or pro-life legislation.”

They're doing the dark lord's work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

You can choose any Christian religion

Even that's not true.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Best Friends posted:

No items, final solution

Fox only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Best Friends posted:

I think the base is too lazy / comfortable to actually do poo poo, and see right wing politics primarily as a form of entertainment and personal branding rather than as a call to action, and the establishment Rs don't actually want to do a coup, yet. So I don't think anything will happen outside some true believers doing some terrorism.

But I also thought Trump would never get the support of the right so I'm biased towards thinking too highly of conservatives.

Problem is that they don't really have to DO anything. They just have to make a lot of noise, and if Trump refuses to leave office, there's a non-zero chance that Congress won't do a drat thing about it. Because as the last three years have revealed, all of our government's checks and balances are based on gentlemen's agreements and can be completely undone by one party just saying "nah."