Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

New Zealand is like the Shire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

McNally posted:

Someone in my Gold Star Facebook group put together a spreadsheet of all the Congressfuckers who haven't cosponsored HR 553. Instead of listing names, I'm going to list Congressional Districts.

If you live in one of the following districts, please ask your Congressfucker why they're a lovely loving human being.

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th, 6th, 9th
California: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 30th, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 38th, 43rd, 45th, 46th, 47th, 50th
Connecticut: 1st, 5th
Florida: 3rd, 5th, 11th, 12th, 19th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 27th
Georgia: 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 14th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd, 4th
Kentucky: 4th, 5th
Louisiana: 1st, 3rd, 6th
Maine: 2nd
Maryland: 1st, 5th, 6th
Massachusetts: 1st, 3rd, 7th, 9th
Michigan: 3rd, 13th, 14th
Minnesota: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Missouri: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th
Nebraska: 1st, 3rd
New Hampshire: 2nd
New Jersey: 9th
New Mexico: 2nd, 3rd
New York: 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th
North Carolina: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 16th
Oklahoma: 3rd, 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 18th
South Carolina: 1st, 6th, 7th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 24th, 27th, 29th, 30th, 35th, 36th
Virginia: 4th
Washington: 7th, 8th, 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th

Contacted CA-50

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Flikken posted:

Tell me what to say and I will bug Ohio 16

http://takeaction.moaa.org/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=495393

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bengy81 posted:

Early GenX is garbage too. Anybody over the age of 40 should be viewed with a skeptical eye.

Phew glad I just missed that arbitrary cutoff.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bird food bathtub posted:

Somebody get started bottling clean mountain air and selling it. Throw enough woo woo poo poo in there like purifying free radicals, eliminating toxins and so on.

https://vitalityair.com/

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The Saudis have perfected skillful beheadings. I think that would be a pretty easy way to go out if I were given the choice.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I will protest by only using Lyft.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Proud Christian Mom posted:

gently caress John McCain and his daughter

What did McCain do that has you so upset?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Proud Christian Mom posted:

He was a giant piece of poo poo whose mere existence helped ruined the lives of millions and not a single solitary ounce of sympathy should be felt towards him or his worthless leech of a daughter

Well that certainly clears things up.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I went to the "Others" services in Parris Island and hung out with Buddhists and hid in the shitter to make 5 minute phone calls to my wife each Sunday since they somehow forgot to take my cell phone when I checked in. I figured I was hosed if they ever found it so I spent every night on firewatch finding new hiding spots and never told another soul I had it. By disciplining myself to 5 minutes a week, I kept the battery charged and working for all three months I was down there.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Deathy McDeath posted:

How...how did you hide your phone? I mean, DIs flipped just about everything in the first few weeks of boot camp. Racks, footlockers, everything.

I cut a hole in the side of the mattress and hid it there at first. Then I'd cycle it into the inside pockets of the waterproof field jackets we had that were kept on the back of our racks but never used for some reason. About a week into daily firewatch standing I found out that the ventilation covers could be removed with pieces of your rifle cleaning kit. We also had a broken drier that had one of those big removal aluminum exhaust pipes. So then I'd move the phone's location every night while I was on firewatch by rotating it through one of 7 or 8 different spots I'd found.

I don't know whether moving the phone so often was smart but I was so afraid of anyone finding it that I couldn't leave it in one spot for too long without thinking it was going to be found. I was constantly prepared for the day when someone caught me but that day never came and so I made a single five minute call every Sunday and kept my mouth shut the whole time I was there.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

psydude posted:

Five Guys makes a pretty decent burger for a fast casual chain. I'd take them over something like Smash Burger or In N' Out.

Five Guys is definitely not better than In N Out. However Habit Burger certainly is. There is one a block away from my house and Door Dash delivers for like 3 dollars.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Loden Taylor posted:

The parking lines are white, symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call to serve.

The single red parking cone reminds us of the lives of these Americans, and their loved ones and friends who keep the faith, while seeking answers.

The lone potted juniper reminds us that all plants in the Garden Center are 25% off today.

This is the best thing to come out of this thread this month.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Seriously, people take for granted how hardcore the autists who edit (audit) Wikipedia are

Which is why it always amazes me to hear people criticize Wikipedia as an unreliable source. For me, it's been a great jumping off point to get great wavetop level information on almost any subject I can think of. I donate every year because I appreciate the contributions the site makes to furthering human knowledge.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vasudus posted:

Wikipedia is an unreliable source in that it's only as good as the knowledge and resources people contribute to it. Some fields are insanely well maintained by experts, others not so much.

I use it as a primer all the time for things, and if I care enough I go to the sources at the bottom and then do a proper academic search.

Clearly, no one should be citing Wikipedia in academic papers. Then again, no one cited Encyclopedia Britanica in academic papers either and Wikipedia has been infinitely more useful.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

All Europe needs is a charismatic leader with the strength to unite the people against foreign oppression and willing to root out those within that are undermining the prosperity of Europeans.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Professor Bling posted:

Wonder if he's gonna show up alive again in three months

All the North Korean execution victims are secretly working in New York bodegas. Hopefully Kim Jong Un never visits the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Hekk fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 31, 2019