Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Milo and POTUS posted:

And the current top news story on my phone is them going on about how great the economy is. This place is hosed lmao

It's so dumb too because I keep hearing people who are Dems or lean dem in DC say the same poo poo and "oh no, if the economy is good, then Trump is a shoe in!" without a hint of irony or realizing that, hey the economy is great for people on wall street or live on the coasts...other places, not so much.

It's like they didn't get the memo that even when the economy was "doing great!" in 2016, most people couldn't loving tell because of how lopsided wealth is in this country. Saying it till your blue in the face doesn't change anything for people who are underemployed or living in rust belt areas that have been hosed.

I mean Warren and Sanders seem to get it...wonder when everyone else will get the loving memo.

EDIT: My Congressman is co-sponsoring, McNally. I'll call them later on today though and just mention that I'm glad he's doing so and hope he sees it through.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fuckin' lol at the Comp Sci professor with "I don't see racism here!"

Always funny to hear that from white people in TYOL 2019. Cause I mean it's basically saying that you're either a liar or stupid as gently caress. Take your pick.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/AlexWardVox/status/1124496845676396544?r

lol

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Arc Light posted:

Down already.

What was it?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.649289618810

Hahahahaha 4th of July in DC is going to suck so hard this year; so glad I’m going to be out of town for the suckfest.

This poo poo annoys me because my backyard overlooks the DC Skyline and it's pretty sweet for the Fourth and whenever they do random airshows like that WW2 one a few years back.

I'm not close enough that I'll be able to hear his bullshit, but this is likely going to be the last year I'm in this place till I buy a house so I'd like to enjoy fireworks and hanging out with my friends without his stupid rear end ruining it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

these men are nothing less than American Heroes :911:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Not boot camp (it was LTC for army rotc I think) but I remember the Baptist chaplain demanding 10 minutes of our time while he walked up and down the barracks lane jerking himself off with the sheep dog speech and some other bullshit. It was definitely one of those "gently caress maybe I don't want to put up with this kind of poo poo for four years" moments.

The Catholic chaplain in comparison seemed chill and gave anyone who talked to him a gatorade.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/SilvrdSpin/status/1131920352051957766

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:drat:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nick Soapdish posted:

I wish more people understood the greatness of White Castle

White Castle is garbage.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I live between the Pentagon and Ft. Myer, I'm glass or at best case a super mutant NPC for the next fallout game.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Loden Taylor posted:

The parking lines are white, symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call to serve.

The single red parking cone reminds us of the lives of these Americans, and their loved ones and friends who keep the faith, while seeking answers.

The lone potted juniper reminds us that all plants in the Garden Center are 25% off today.

:perfect:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

ACAB etc etc

https://twitter.com/MarlandLowe/status/1133062245058076672

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm gonna be in the middle of a plumbing inspection when this happens so the :f5: will be real.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So Nadler's gone from being wishy washy to

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1133785991402151936

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Professor Bling posted:

Wonder if he's gonna show up alive again in three months

Who, John Ratcliffe? Well of course he'll show up alive. You know what won't show up though? His balls.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

WHY AM I PERSECUTED?!

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I never thought I'd say this, but there's no Army of the Potomac challenge coin and this needs to change because they sell loving R.E. Lee ones for poo poo's sake.

What the gently caress?

Semi-related. I've been reading Gov. John Andrew's (gov of Mass during the Civil War) correspondence for the past few weeks for work. It can be really boring sometimes, but there's so much gold in these letters. Love that I'm getting paid to do this poo poo now.

Highlights include...

-Chaplain from a Mass regiment complaining that soldiers drink and swear too much. Wants the governor to appoint a new regimental commander in to get things fixed up. This is about a week before Bull Run lol.

-Whole lotta letters from people asking for commissions and such, but one dude straight up pushing to get a guy he knows from New Orleans a commission because he fled New Orleans rather than stay and take an oath to the confederacy. Other one is from a dude who was in the British army for 15 years and wants to help train volunteers and fight secessionists if need be.

-Our boy Sherman came up for a visit post Bull Run. Nothing super interesting, just mostly inquires about how many volunteer regiments the New England states can raise, etc.

Nothing about the 54th yet, though I'm still reading through 1861's mail.