Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for April, 2019?
This poll is closed.
:parrot: Kofi Kingston (WWE Champion) 40 48.19%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 18 21.69%
:clint: Becky "Two Belts" Lynch (Raw and Smackdown Women's Champion 8 9.64%
:anarchists: Daniel Bryan (FORMER WWE Champion) 5 6.02%
Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 4 4.82%
:fork: Matt Taven (ROH World Champion) 3 3.61%
:joel: Switchblade Jay White (FORMER IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 2 2.41%
:psylon: CAGE (Impact World Champion) 1 1.20%
:lsd: Johnny Impact (FORMER Impact World Champion) 1 1.20%
:mump: Tetsuya Endo (KO-D Openweight Champion) 1 1.20%
:troll: Charlotte Flair (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:drat: Daisuke Sasaki (FORMER KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
Jay Lethal (FORMER ROH World Champion) 0 0%
:kiddo: Konosuke Takeshita (FORMER KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess Champion) 0 0%
:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:supaburn: Seth Rollins (WWE Universal Champion) 0 0%
:magical: None of the Above 0 0%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Like an idiot, I set last month's poll to expire at the very height of Wrestlemania weekend and basically every wrestling fan in the world traveled to New York to see exactly 4 million hours of (somehow all superb) wrestling and basically nobody voted in the poll that month. So it was actually kind of fitting that Daniel Bryan won a second month in a row based on voter apathy, which he would claim is an example of how FICKLE the fans are. Bryan has two in a row now, but this poll is going to give him some stiff competition (and hopefully get more votes!)

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant. NXT is still at this current time a Development Brand only, and neither of its top Champions are included on the monthly poll for that reason. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:anarchists: Daniel Bryan (FORMER WWE Champion) - The World's Champion was defeated! Going to Wrestlemania as Champion 5 years after his greatest career triumph at Wrestlemania 30, Daniel Bryan couldn't deny the new people's hero and fell before the power of positivity in spite of endless efforts on his part and Vince McMahon's to derail him. Bryan hasn't been seen since, and though he'll probably be back it may be some time before he is up for voting in these polls again.

:parrot: Kofi Kingston (WWE Champion) - After over a decade and multiple derailed opportunities and a later career revitalization, Kofi achieved his dream and in front of friends and family at the biggest wrestling show of the year he defeated Daniel Bryan to win his first ever top championship. The new WWE Champion, Kofi Kingston celebrated with his wife and children in the ring at the apex of his career, and it really loving ruled.

Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) - While Kento Miyahara did not have title defenses this month, the month was ALL about him and his championship as he fought in and won the Champions Carnival to cement his position as arguably the greatest non-New Japan wrestler. In doing so he elevated not only himself but the once mighty Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship. Whether that warrants a vote or not is up to you. Thanks to Thauros for the help.

:troll: Charlotte Flair (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) - Despite claiming she was superior and would humiliate Becky and Ronda at Wrestlemania by taking advantage of the rules, Charlotte found herself out of the equation in the Wrestlemania main event as she lost her title without being pinned or submitted.

:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) - Ronda's sometimes maligned but often exciting run in WWE came to a (temporary?) end as she suffered her first defeat as she was pinned by Becky Lynch to lose her Raw title. Her shoulder was up on the pinfall, mostly due to a timing issue as opposed to anything actually planned out storyline wise, and her loss was treated as completely legitimate.

:clint: Becky "Two Belts" Lynch (Raw and Smackdown Women's Champion - After months of over-complicated booking, dumb McMahon involvement and roughly 7 hours of PPV preceding it, Becky finally got to have the biggest match of her career and a historic one at that. Winning both the Raw and Smackdown Women's Titles in the first ever women's main event of Wrestlemania, Becky ended the show standing tall and has spent the weeks since openly talking up the notion that she will be a fighting champion and defend both her belts against whatever wild range of opponents might be available to her. Her first two opponents for her respective belts? A tall blonde with big boobs!

:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess & SHINE Champion) - The double Megachamp is here! Yamashita not only defeated Maki Ito in New York but defeated Allysin Kay to win the SHINE Championship. Next month she faces Shoko Nakajima and Allysin Kay in defenses of her titles. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI.

Jay Lethal (FORMER ROH World Champion) - ROH didn't exactly cover themselves in glory at the G1 Supercard, delivering largely the worst parts of the show. But the ladder match delivered, and Lethal's unfortunately bland title reign ended on a high note.

:fork: Matt Taven (ROH World Champion) - Matt Taven of The Kingdom is the new Ring of Honor World Champion. He won a very exciting ladder match at Madison Square Garden in front of 20,000 fans to do it. As far as title reign starts go, it's a pretty good one!

:lsd: Johnny Impact (FORMER Impact World Champion) - Johnny Impact thought he could screw over CAGE yet again, using Johnny Bravo at ringside as a distraction, taking out special guest referee Lance Storm and trying to use Bravo as the guest ref. But it all failed, as Bravo was taken out by Storm and Cage superkicked Impact and used the Drill Claw to beat Impact and end the longest title reign since Bobby Roode.

:psylon: CAGE (Impact World Champion) - Not a man, but a machine, Cage overcame Johnny Impact's attempts to cheat him out of the belt yet again. Already set up with a new rival in Michael Elgin, this would seem to mark a new era for Impact Wrestling.

:kiddo: Konosuke Takeshita (FORMER KO-D Champion) - Takeshita's promise to defend the KO-D title all over the world backfired as he lost to Daisuke Sasaki in DDT's first show in New York. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI.

:drat: Daisuke Sasaki (FORMER KO-D Openweight Champion) - Sasaki avenged his Sumo Hall loss to Konosuke Takeshita but his celebration was short lived as his Damnation team mate Tetsuya Endo immediately cashed in his right to challenge any time any where. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI.

:mump: Tetsuya Endo (KO-D Openweight Champion) - He may not know the capital of the USA or how many states there are but this self-proclaimed New York native knows how to pick his spots, cashing in on his Damnation teammate in New York City to win his first KO-D Championship before going on to successfully defend the title against his trainer Makoto Oishi in Korakuen. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI.

:joel: Switchblade Jay White (FORMER IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Despite all his big talk and being a sleazy little gently caress who goddammit stop beating my heroes you motherfucker AHHHHHHH and going into the G1 Supershow co-promoted by ROH insisting he still had Kazuchika Okada's number... Jay White lost! HE LOST! ZERO SUCCESSFUL TITLE DEFENSES!

:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Because The Rainmaker is back, baby! God is back on his throne and all is right with the world!

:supaburn: Seth Rollins (WWE Universal Champion) - Seth did exactly as promised, and defeated Brock Lesnar to end his long, dull, mostly absent run as Champion. In spite of Brock attacking him before the match, Seth evened the odds with weapons and then hit multiple Curb Stomps to get the win in the opening main card match of Wrestlemania.

:magical: None of the Above - If you're horrified by the options available, or how many FORMER Champs are on the poll, or just want to vote for None of the Above, this is the option for you!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Rest In Peace the Knife Pervert, baby.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You're bad and should feel bad if you don't vote Kofi.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

K O F I T R A I N

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

As much as I want to vote for the champ champ, Kofi's story arc (even though it had a rough patch near the end) was too good and the Mania win too drat satisfying to not vote for him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also lmao @ NJPW immediately going back to the Okada train

lol okada wins

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MARCH!?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kento Miyahara had a month of wrestling non-title matches that has basically turned me into an AJPW fan from merely being curious & to being convinced he's one of the very best wrestlers in the world.

He's rad as hell.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Also lmao @ NJPW immediately going back to the Okada train

lol okada wins

Okada is literally the best pro wrestler on the planet and putting the title back on him is entirely understandable

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

extradite THIS! posted:

Okada is literally the best pro wrestler on the planet and putting the title back on him is entirely understandable

uh, I think you'll find it was Shane McMahon who the World Cup to be crowned Best in the World last November.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well we're already closing in on last month's vote total, which is nice!

Bryan rules, Becky rules, Okada rules, Miyahara rules, lots of guys and girls rule. But right now chugging along in the lead is:

extradite THIS! posted:

K O F I T R A I N

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's still 2 days to vote, don't forget to vote or the terrorists win!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan rules, Becky rules, Okada rules, Miyahara rules

I hear them cryin'

They bawlin'

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gotta go with Okada because he's the best and more importantly he crushed the detestable knife pervert.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I wasted my vote because I still believe in the Palace of Wisdom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I literally forgot to include Seth Rollins, the Universal Champion, and nobody seemed to notice or care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Universal title shouldn't count as a world title, it sucks and no one cares. Plus, its range encompasses more than the world and our galaxy, so it seems like it should be in-illegible for this particular poll.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I literally forgot to include Seth Rollins, the Universal Champion, and nobody seemed to notice or care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

tbh you forgot Brock in January, so there's a precedent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Speaking of which, Brock's last title run was 5 months long and he had two title defenses, the last of which was the one he lost the title on :psyduck:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Speaking of which, Brock's last title run was 5 months long and he had two title defenses, the last of which was the one he lost the title on :psyduck:

Now we found out how the WWE wanted to get in the lucha market.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

While it would be nice to leave it at the current 69 vote total, please don't forget to vote!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

if the vote total remains at 69 then legally you must name taguchi as the champion of the month

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I found out recently that my girlfriend watched wrestling in college. "Who was your dude?" I asked "Kofi Kingston, I also HATED Randy Orton"

"Kofi just won the world title at Wrestlemania, want to watch?"

K O F I T R A I N

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

spoiler

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Make sure to put Taichi on the list next month :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's still half a day or so left to vote, exercise your democratic right!

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I'd like to know if these votes will count once Jerusalem realizes that he is in fact conducting a second March poll.

Are they tainted? Is the sanctity of RRPWCOTM being ruined?

Anyhow I voted for Kofi because he is a very cool champion. Please let it count for April!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm such a loving idiot, thanks 21 Hoot Salute :sweatdrop:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the champion of smarch

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

the champion of smarch

Do not touch Willie. Good advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The post-Wrestlemania poll saw a lot of new champions to vote for this month, as well as the return of an old favorite in Kazuchika Okada. But Daniel Bryan's two month reign as Rowdy Ringsports' Pro-Wrestling Champion of the month came to an end just like his title, and both at the hands of the same person. Kofi Kingston, winning a top title after more than a decade in WWE, was the clear winner with 48% of the vote going his way, more than doubling the votes of his closest competitor Okada.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.