Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

quote:

Homicide detective Walter D'Arcangelo is the only link to a serial killer who preys on adulterous women. Walter must confront his past in order to prove himself innocent before more women are killed.
Nope that's not it.

quote:

A two-part drama about the Victorian serial killer Mary Ann Cotton.
Nope that's not it either.

quote:

A group of genetically-enhanced children escape from a lab project. Years later we meet Max, one of the escapees who now works for a messenger service in the post-apocalyptic Pacific Northwest.

That's the one. You see I'd put this as one of the all time great TV shows up there with Cleopatra 2525 and made for TV miniseries/movie thing 10th Kingdom. Good solid TV about an older rich fella helping a poor younger orphan fight crime in a city that's had better days.

Watch Dark Angel. Talk about Dark Angel. Bip, bip, bip.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Well I wanted to find this in english but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmieMasqiTc

First bip bip bip. s01e01 10:50

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 2, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's basically just Cameron's offbrand version of Battle Angel Alita he made because he wasn't sure if he could get the rights

(And then he did and we got a loving :sicknasty: movie out of it)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's basically just Cameron's offbrand version of Battle Angel Alita he made because he wasn't sure if he could get the rights

(And then he did and we got a loving :sicknasty: movie out of it)

I don't mind this being discussed here but I'm going to request details be within spoiler tags as I've not watched the movie, and/or read the manga yet.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 2, 2019

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

As if I'm going to let my thread about superior scifi die. Hitman 2007 reused footage from Dark Angel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd8yJwtD4gs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0K4k2bBDc Makes sense why re film children with sweet bar-code tattoos when you already have that footage think of the savings!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 2, 2019

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hmmm maybe if I just start saying deliberately wrong things about 5+ season scifi people will be tricked into posting. Babylon 5 had the most stunning computer graphics and proved to the world models were a relic and no longer necessary. The ending to Stargate SG-1 was a masterpiece of cinema that all shows should strive to replicate. The final season of Sliders was the best season. Farscape season 3 episode 16 is the best episode. The theme to Enterprise revolutionized the genre but the remix in later seasons is enlightenment.

I probably should have picked a show that people can actually "easily" (legally) acquire.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 3, 2019

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I remember watching this show when it came out. The 1st season was awesome. Scifi with a season arc and storylines. It was like X-Games A-Team people need help and she gets sent in to help them.

It's been 20 years but I think I remember the 2nd season was pretty bad.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Athanatos posted:

It's been 20 years but I think I remember the 2nd season was pretty bad.

It's been long enough that I barely remember anything other than the basic premise, but I think there was something that changed between seasons that made it not as good. But I could be thinking of a different show, because this one was never good enough that it made a permanent impression on me.

Maybe I misjudged it at the time, but it would take some convincing to get me to go back and watch it again to find out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Jessica Alba is very attractive.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Jessica Alba is very attractive.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/jessica_alba_recalls_bein

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So is this on Netflix or what?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

So is this on Netflix or what?

Nope it has all of zero ways to easily get it legally. Well there's possibly legitimate dvds on amazon/ebay.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Tiggum posted:

It's been long enough that I barely remember anything other than the basic premise, but I think there was something that changed between seasons that made it not as good. But I could be thinking of a different show, because this one was never good enough that it made a permanent impression on me.

Maybe I misjudged it at the time, but it would take some convincing to get me to go back and watch it again to find out.

IIRC 9/11 happened in between seasons and the whole 'domestic terror attack crippling the nation' stuff had to get swept under the rug real sharpish. Totally changed the tone and ruined the show.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

This is what I remember: I remember this show pushing low rise jeans as low as they could realistically go. Then when they introduced a character that was some ugly human/dog hybrid with a speech impediment and low self esteem, I quit watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

This is what I remember: I remember this show pushing low rise jeans as low as they could realistically go. Then when they introduced a character that was some ugly human/dog hybrid with a speech impediment and low self esteem, I quit watching.

He becomes a painter.