Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

How did this get cut and not the Kyle Mooney bullshit? I guess they wanted Mooney to have the chance to be terrible at something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Chad's Journey was way better than Holes, no idea how the former got dumped and the latter made it...

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Chad's Journey was way better than Holes, no idea how the former got dumped and the latter made it...

Chad's Journey would have to be done live, I assume that's what made the difference.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure all the chad bits have been pretaped so far.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty sure all the chad bits have been pretaped so far.

The Chad Auction was live, but I think all of the others have been taped.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1126917096405860352?s=19

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:psyduck: He's not leaving?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Edward Mass posted:

:psyduck: He's not leaving?

Doesn’t want to be unemployed at the beginning of the following season I guess.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I mean, do you really see

THE
KENAN
SHOW

entering its smash sixth season? Or its second?

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

pwn posted:

THE
KENAN
SHOW

...Or actually airing all of the season one episodes?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

pwn posted:

THE
KENAN
SHOW

I mean, maybe. They have all of those empty Cosby Show syndication slots to fill.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
If anyone can do it, Kenan can. All they have to write is “Kenan reacts” across 22 pages of script every week.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I assume that NBC is going to be keeping Kenan real close like they are with Seth. I mean it's not like he needs to go anywhere for his new show.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I figured SNL fans would be interested in this. Yesterday a new Netflix original movie called Wine Country debuted for streaming. It was directed by Amy Poehler and stars Poehler, Rachel Dratch, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer, Paula Pell, Emily Spivey, and Tina Fey.

My wife and I thought it was absolutely awful, but I'm sure fans of any of those ladies will still want to check it out.

pwn
May 27, 2004

If you watched NBC for ten consecutive minutes this week, you know Wine Country came out (not aimed at you, Voodoo Lou, I’d already written this.) Everybody from the film has been a guest on every Universal property that has guests, and a few that don’t. One of these was Watch What Happens Live, where Paula Pell revealed that the SNL band’s (theme?) music still triggers her:

quote:

“When you work there and then you watch it later and you leave, the music gives you diarrhea. Because during that music, right before the show, is when you are running as fast as you can with a million scripts, and actors are running, and we’re trying to make contact with changes, and it’s a very terrifying moment,” she says. “And so when you hear that music at home, I know I poo poo my square dancing skirt.”

Promos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8oJEHfi8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLJERWGHoM

The Jonas Brothers!!! :newlol::worship::w00t:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3opAUHk9TQ

I also found this interesting, in the news feed: The same story, one, an example of honest reporting; the other, an example of clickbait:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

pwn posted:

If you watched NBC for ten consecutive minutes this week, you know Wine Country came out (not aimed at you, Voodoo Lou, I’d already written this.) Everybody from the film has been a guest on every Universal property that has guests, and a few that don’t. One of these was Watch What Happens Live, where Paula Pell revealed that the SNL band’s (theme?) music still triggers her:

Thanks. All I saw on NBC this week was Law and Order: SVU, and I always mute the commercials whenever I watch live TV. I didn't know much had been made of it.

But it's really, really bad, despite all the good will those stars have collectively earned.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Wine Country is not good.

Those ladies in that same situation with a camera crew in real life? Probably MUCH funnier and probably what people were expecting it to be.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Kenan is going to be busy, not only does he have SNL and that new Kenan show, but it's looks like he's going to be the executive producer and maybe even partial showrunner of the All That reboot. I think he also just a new baby less than a year ago. Poor guy is going to be overworked.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I figured SNL fans would be interested in this. Yesterday a new Netflix original movie called Wine Country debuted for streaming. It was directed by Amy Poehler and stars Poehler, Rachel Dratch, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer, Paula Pell, Emily Spivey, and Tina Fey.

My wife and I thought it was absolutely awful, but I'm sure fans of any of those ladies will still want to check it out.

Yeah, everything I've seen regarding this film has made me think, "They took all of the worst ideas these women have ever had and made a movie? Why?" Seriously, they're women who are going to wine country. OH BOY, CAN'T YOU JUST IMAGINE THE HEIGHT OF THE JINKS THAT ARE GOING TO ENSUE?

The few little bits I'd seen in teasers were just plain awful on their own, and those were probably the "comedy gold" moments that they were trying to use to lure in an audience. When I saw a couple of regular trailers recently as the stars made the rounds on the late night talk show circuit, the movie looked like it would be even worse than I was expecting. So... yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead and skip this one.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, everything I've seen regarding this film has made me think, "They took all of the worst ideas these women have ever had and made a movie? Why?" Seriously, they're women who are going to wine country. OH BOY, CAN'T YOU JUST IMAGINE THE HEIGHT OF THE JINKS THAT ARE GOING TO ENSUE?

The few little bits I'd seen in teasers were just plain awful on their own, and those were probably the "comedy gold" moments that they were trying to use to lure in an audience. When I saw a couple of regular trailers recently as the stars made the rounds on the late night talk show circuit, the movie looked like it would be even worse than I was expecting. So... yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead and skip this one.

Skip it. You won't be sorry. The more I think about it, the more awful I realize it was.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Susan Collins impression is so loving spot on

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Harder, Daddy

pwn
May 27, 2004

OH WINE COUNTRY WHAT’S THAT

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

pwn posted:

OH WINE COUNTRY WHAT’S THAT

I got 30 minutes into it tonight and then decided to watch the last 4 episodes of Kimmy Schmidt instead. It was a great choice.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Which actress is more British than Emma Thompson?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

No, but I’ve had tea while I’m high

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Maggie Smith

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Push El Burrito posted:

Minnie Driver.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The answer is there is nobody more British than Emma Thompson. Even her name is the most British.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Enjoying the show, Cheryl?

Hell no!

pwn
May 27, 2004

On one hand, they really went back to the well a third time on this. On the other hand, it’s better than the last time, anyway.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Good Omens looks so good.

Edit: Butthole store.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 12, 2019

Vakal
May 11, 2008
This is so spot on.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I gently caress with this bit. :thumbsup:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
His dog bit me.

He was hongry.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
It's only the intro and I already love Judge Court. :colbert:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d rather see Maine Justice

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ding dong.... bitch

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Codependent Poster posted:

Ding dong.... bitch

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's the Devil, a bellhop, and Michael Jackson.