Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

TheKingslayer posted:

Nothing is more shameful than Clay Guida's fight against Gray Maynard... Well maybe Ryan Bader's cowardice against Rumble, but at least Bader was out of there quick.

Best part of Clay vs Gray was when they were still jawing at each other backstage post fight and Jason Guida yells "gently caress you" and Mac Danzig whips his head around, ready to fight. Then he sees it's just Jason Guida and there's no point inflicting punishment on a man that life itself decided to saddle with the existence of being Jason Guida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tesilential posted:

Cormier layed on Silva out of mercy. He did just barley enough to win, but he clearly wasn’t trying to really hurt Silva for most of the fight. He barely went after him at all. It was like he was fighting an old friend.

Professional courtesy for Silva taking the last minute fight and helping DC get paid.

And it was still more exciting than a regular Clay Guida fight.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Can we please stop pretending Guida sucks? The man won the Tequila CAZADORES Spirit Award not once but twice for God's sake!

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

coconono posted:

Clay Guida looks like a tool. I can't respect that.

That's why they call him the carpenter

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

old.flv posted:

That's why they call him the carpenter

lol

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Any concerns I had about Tony's mental wellbeing are now out the window in favor of him getting in the cage :posthaste:
https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/1125535419695636485

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

kimbo305 posted:

Any concerns I had about Tony's mental wellbeing are now out the window in favor of him getting in the cage :posthaste:
https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/1125535419695636485

nice vid. That was weird pulling his belt after 4 months. I think that was the beginning of the poo poo show of belts?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
guida’s fights with huerta and sanchez gets him a lifetime pass for poo poo fights imo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I love Guida fights, but yeah there were times he looked like he was trying to swim with his elbows while lying on top of someone

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It wasn't luck but I wish we could have seen Conor vs Aldo fold out to be the chess match it should have been instead of a one punch knockout because that could have been the best fight.

conor is better than him and knocked him dead

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
guide is garbage but its definitely the opponents fault for not bein able to stop his wrestling

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Wrestlers should be yellow-carded for stalling

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I too think a two division champion and possibly the greatest heavy weight of all time should be ashamed of himself for not standing and trading with a man who could probably knock out a rampaging bull with his jab.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

every mma fighter who thinks they can beat people up should talk poo poo in a middle school cafeteria in iowa before they get to the ufc. that is the spirit of that weirdo, clay guida. he will gently caress that prospect up

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Skip My Posts posted:

guide is garbage but its definitely the opponents fault for not bein able to stop his wrestling

gently caress him, but also gently caress them

BlindSite posted:

I too think a two division champion and possibly the greatest heavy weight of all time should be ashamed of himself for not standing and trading with a man who could probably knock out a rampaging bull with his jab.

Same, cormier is a pussy.

Eat This Glob posted:

every mma fighter who thinks they can beat people up should talk poo poo in a middle school cafeteria in iowa before they get to the ufc. that is the spirit of that weirdo, clay guida. he will gently caress that prospect up

I remember a post from this thread or the martial arts thread maybe, like many years ago, someone went to a training seminar with Clay Guida. Their description was pretty funny: clay was showing them lots of cardio tips mixed in with some takedowns, mostly blast doubles. A question came up that was out of Guida's comfort zone like striking or literally anything else and he fumbled for an answer and his reply meandered back to cardio tips. (even tho cardio wins fights, I thought it was funny that the Fighter told them all to run laps)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Clay guida would have been a nightmare back in his heyday. Limitless cardio, too dumb to feel pain and never stops trying to wrestle you.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Let's post in the Fightpass thread to suggest fights to watch. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816840&pagenumber=7#lastpost

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
When Clay Guida fought Nate Diaz he put him in a full nelson

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I remember Guida had a really horrible fight with somebody where he just bounced around like a spaz the whole time and nothing happened at all, it was a million times worse than him just wrestling. Was that against Gray Maynard?

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I remember Guida had a really horrible fight with somebody where he just bounced around like a spaz the whole time and nothing happened at all, it was a million times worse than him just wrestling. Was that against Gray Maynard?

Lol yup

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I remember reading somewhere that Guida's bounciness, combined with his springy hair, bought him a lot of good will with judges cuz it makes him look more active.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Clay Guida submitted future champion RDA with the revolutionary submission of "head and arm control"

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Skip My Posts posted:

For not being able to stop his wrestling, yes, for the following 4 minutes where Guida makes no attempt to advance position or do damage, no

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

heeebrew posted:

Let me get this straight, Saturday's card features, BJ Penn, Clay Guida, Thiago Alves, Lil Nog, Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo? Hype? I guess?

Finally some names I recognize

That probably isn't a good thing though, why the gently caress do all those dinosaurs think they can still go

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Ad by Khad posted:

Finally some names I recognize

That probably isn't a good thing though, why the gently caress do all those dinosaurs think they can still go

Something something dinosaurs and Thiago Alves' little t rex arms

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I don't know what kind of witchcraft is making it happen but Lil nog isn't nearly as washed up as he should be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's "LHW is loving awful-omancy"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Neurosis posted:

For not being able to stop his wrestling, yes, for the following 4 minutes where Guida makes no attempt to advance position or do damage, no

thats where the ref comes in IMO. ideally. no point laying it on the fighter .. the ref gets paid whether he stands the fighter up or he doesnt

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1126439072535326720

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Angie owns

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i'll take 8!

https://twitter.com/FlyinBrianJ/status/1126244205154775040?s=19

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Is that like going to see a band while wearing that band's shirt? Seems like some kind of party foul.

I wanna know if he commissioned that drawing, or if someone sent it to him as fan art, or if he has an artist friend with too much time on their hands :allears:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Guida's bounciness, combined with his springy hair, bought him a lot of good will with judges cuz it makes him look more active.

probably .. im pretty sure most of the experienced judges just ignore the criterea competely and judge on who they think is looking better and fresher in the fight

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

He drew it himself

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

thats the only kind of draw cejudo is

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

lol

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

LobsterMobster posted:

thats the only kind of draw cejudo is

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Is that like going to see a band while wearing that band's shirt? Seems like some kind of party foul.

He would be in the band in that analogy, so different domain.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

probably .. im pretty sure most of the experienced judges just ignore the criterea competely and judge on who they think is looking better and fresher in the fight

Yeah the thing is we as viewers get get that speech at the beginning on the judging criteria and we hear Rogan or whoever talk about it too, the judges might have not heard that for years. They just get a phone call with a time and date and they just show up and it's assumed they know what they're doing. I wonder what kind of answers you'd get if you individually asked each judge hey explain the judging criteria to me.

This has never actually been a party foul :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
[quote="Brut" post="494955862"]
Yeah the thing is we as viewers get get that speech at the beginning on the judging criteria and we hear Rogan or whoever talk about it too, the judges might have not heard that for years. They just get a phone call with a time and date and they just show up and it's assumed they know what they're doing. I wonder what kind of answers you'd get if you individually asked each judge hey explain the judging criteria to me.

This is not quite MMA related, but i loved it when Teddy Atlas shitted on that one boxing judge, asked him to explain the scorecard and then caught that the judge has calculated wrong.

(Cant find the video atm from Youtube)

It's just beautiful, and i wish Rogan would do something like that