Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

They should sell Kane before everyone discovers he permanently crocked and use the 100m to buy some depth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
They should just dig deep and spend as much money is required to bring in the necessary players without thinking about net spend imo

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They’ve genuinely looked better all season without Kane to me

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

They’ve genuinely looked better all season without Kane to me

They have been pretty below par most of the 2nd half of the season. A good portion of that was with an injured or limited Kane. They aren't better without him imo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

For every silly goal llorente has scored Kane probably would have scored at least two bangers.

Edit:

And that’s probably an understatement. Remember Kanes massive free kick cross out to trippier a while back? Can’t remember which game it was in, but Trip crossed it right back inside for somebody to score. Llorente couldn’t do that and Son/Lucas probably couldn’t either.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 11, 2019

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
And all England national team fans know that Kane can take corners.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is levy trying to be insanely cheap because they just built a new stadium?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Jose posted:

Is levy trying to be insanely cheap because they just built a new stadium?

Yes that's why they didn't sign anyone in the past 2 windows

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
N: Sepp Blatter complains about money in football

V: Ahahahahahahahaha. Irony remains dead

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Insanely cheap" is what responsible spending looks like to football fans these days.

Everyone expects a billionaire to run their club out of pocket. And if a costly signing flops you just have to buy another one, it's simple.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
you dont have to be jewish to think that spurs dont need to spend big; liverpool did that and are no better off. if i were levy id let poch break his contract and use the money to lure bielsa

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Breath Ray posted:

liverpool did that and are no better off.

Uhhh what? Before we splashed out recently we were not even breaking top 4

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Breath Ray posted:

you dont have to be jewish to think that spurs dont need to spend big; liverpool did that and are no better off. if i were levy id let poch break his contract and use the money to lure bielsa

What does being Jewish have to do with anything?

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

The man has dragged a crippled and exhausted squad with no home pitch (for most of the season) to a champions league final. While Poch certainly isn't going to stay forever, letting him go because you're somehow still unwilling to sign players after a year without having done so and after huge CL profits would be immensely foolish, especially considering gambling on a new manager could mean forfeiting a CL spot for a year or two

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
even if spurs won the champions league, would any players want to join them lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

qsvui posted:

if Poch is still there? Absolutely.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Blinkz0rz posted:

What does being Jewish have to do with anything?

Presumably nothing, that's why you don't need to be one.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

qsvui posted:

no, no one would want to join the champions of europe

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Dudley posted:

Presumably nothing, that's why you don't need to be one.

Then what does being Jewish or not have to do with anything?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The op was obviously being racist. Report him, but don’t drag it out here while I’m trying to post about soccer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

qsvui posted:

The fact they've even reached it is probably enough

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blinkz0rz posted:

I’ll need 14 words to explain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Blinkz0rz posted:

i guess we'll never know, op, it really is a mystery

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vaxine
Apr 3, 2005
Mini Raiola has been banned for 3 months from all football activity.

I guess Paul is staying put.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48235395

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vaxine posted:

Mini Raiola has been banned for 3 months from all football activity.

I guess Paul is staying put.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48235395

He will find a way around it. Technically Pogba could negotiate the transfer himself.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

qsvui posted:

Hmmm, playing football in London in a brand new massive stadium for the team that won the CL. Nah I'll think I'll pass.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Hmmm, playing football in London in a brand new massive stadium for the team that won the CL. Nah I'll think I'll pass.

I would too OP, you’re making the right choice.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
As daft as it sounds I wouldn't be surprised if some Spurs stars actually started thinking about leaving even if they win the CL, maybe more so. Against the odds you win the top prize, now to gently caress off to the sun on mega wages and milk some nearly guaranteed silverware until you're past it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Depends if new players think Spurs have a chance of competing in the league. Its not like top players were flocking to Liverpool when we won in 2005

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Depends if new players think Spurs have a chance of competing in the league. Its not like top players were flocking to Liverpool when we won in 2005

Liverpool also finished 5th that season and had no loving money. The financial state of football these days makes £50m+ transfers viable for a ton of clubs. The British transfer record in 2005 was Rio Ferdinand for £29m and that was in 2002.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Liverpool also finished 5th that season and had no loving money. The financial state of football these days makes £50m+ transfers viable for a ton of clubs. The British transfer record in 2005 was Rio Ferdinand for £29m and that was in 2002.

This is also true.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Hughton got sacked for getting Brighton promoted and keeping them up for two years.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rafa in imo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kcer posted:

Hughton got sacked for getting Brighton promoted and keeping them up for two years.

That sucks OP. He is a good lad who means well.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can understand why they sacked him I guess, but I don't know who they're going to get who's better.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Apparently we are getting Potter from West Brom *Swansea.

This season has been the first that I considered giving up my season ticket in 20 years. Utterly dire and Hughton needed to go.

Also the Norwich fans were right all along.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 13, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao if it's potter

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Apparently we are getting Potter from West Brom *Swansea.

This season has been the first that I considered giving up my season ticket in 20 years. Utterly dire and Hughton needed to go.

Also the Norwich fans were right all along.

Just seen the odds on Potter.

He'll cost £2m compo and I think you'll be in for a shock if he's expected to hit the ground running in a relegation battle. He's done a decent job for us but benefited massively from dismal expectations and the bounty of unproven talent we had waiting for him.

And in Sweden his club could outspend their lower league rivals with dodgy money.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Swansea could replace him with Hughton and we'll probably swap divisions next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Gorn Myson posted:

Rafa in imo

no!!! hands off!!!

apparently the latest on Rafa is that big fat ugly dumb arsehole Ashley is offering to double his wages, but only for a one year extension because he thinks potential buyers don't like the prospect of a manager on a long term deal

I'd have thought he's a solid 80% of why anyone would want to buy us