Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Missed a chance to pose like this again

:rip: Scott Parker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I was worried Spurs wouldn't sign anyone.

But here we are, with a 15 year old keeper.

In other news:
https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa...5SodqItZBGvkafQ

Please, please take Bale. Please take him.
- Real Madrid

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Xabi posted:

lol wtf that’s at least 200k more than I would have expected.

Madrid want him gone so badly they'll still foot the bill for 350k/week as long as spurs pay 250k/week and 10mil transfer.

:psyduck:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Total Meatlove posted:

Also that when one of the ethics guys died the City lawyer sent an email saying ‘one down six to go’ probably hasn’t helped their case

Please tell me this is true.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Troy Queef posted:

it looks as if UEFA can't provide assurances that Mkhitaryan will be safe in Azerbaijan, and as such Arsenal will be leaving him at home for the EL Final

which gives me an excuse to post this image, and prove that it's wrong

What's the story with Mkhitaryan?

Man, I'm full of questions today.

Thanks!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenia%E2%80%93Azerbaijan_relations

Readin' up on it now.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

The Azerbaijan website will reject you for a visa application if you have an Armenian surname

gently caress, this whole conflict was completely under my radar.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Blue Star Error posted:

That will always be Spain refusing to play Gibraltar. At least Armenia and Azerbaijan have the excuse that they are still technically at war.

I'm backing the country that has the city named Ganja.
:colbert:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
He was, for a brief moment.

Then he wasn't.

:shrug:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

A long read, but a good one, thank you!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Blinkz0rz posted:

Swings and roundabouts m8

Fair point. I don't dislike the player.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
EVERYONE KNOWS! Tottenham Hotspur is truly the best team in the league. This year in our club history we won six Premier League titles, reached the Champions League, reached a record high of 15 games.
You are right Tottenham have never been top flight champions, but the club has won 11 League Cups. This is a truly amazing record for a club in English football. It just goes to show that there are never any excuses for the best team in this division. We have played 10 games in the league finals and been victorious in 11 of them:
The final
In order to compete in the Champions League, teams have to have the same number of points in order to enter the next round. They have to win all the games against competition they are going to face: Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, City, Liverpool and Spurs. So in total Tottenham have won 12 of their 22 league games. Only Tottenham have ever won more and won more than a fifth in any of those games. Tottenham's current 12-0 scoreline is also a major benchmark in their recent title run. In fact, the only winning team to win less than 100 points

(This horseshit is brought to you by my new favorite website: https://talktotransformer.com/) What a loving dumb toy.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Brony Car posted:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jamie-carragher-blocked-retired-ex-liverpool-team-mate-jose-enrique-twitter

Carragher mentioned in his Daily Mail column that he was not being able to communicate with Enrique for organizing the defense because Enrique would just go off and do whatever he felt like anyway.

I think that is what started the "Jose Enrique is stupid," belief. This is also why Enrique blocked Carragher on Twitter.

Not listening to Carragher sounds pretty smart, actually.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I eagerly await to see if this guy sucks more than Mike Ashley.

Surely, a complete twat can't compete with a literal slavedriver, right?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

(I was being facetious)

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

kcer posted:

How do we know the sheikh is a twat?

He's a sheikh.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Blue Star Error posted:

Premier League clubs unanimously voted to tell UEFA to gently caress off with their proposed changes to European competitions.

What changes were these?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Thanks for the context.

Can we bust out the guillotines already? Who looks at this and doesn't immediately realize it's a money grab?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Spuckuk posted:

Newcastle bullying Man U down another spot would be hilarious and cool

I vote that all Newcastle training grounds get rebranded as Labor Camps.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
As a Spurs fan, VAR saved our rear end.

Also, gently caress VAR, if I wanted to remove the human element from my loving sport, I'd play FIFA with the sub-humans online.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Brony Car posted:

I can't help but feel like we just need to let referees get used to VAR and iron out the unexpected implementation issues.

Plus, penalties are supposed to penalize fouling in the box, so the fact that they might become even more of a guaranteed goal is arguably in keeping with the basic spirit of the game.

That's nice that you play FIFA with your family!!!

IF I wanted to remove the human element (I don't), I would play with sub-humans online.

I'm typing it again because your quip fell flat.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

CyberPingu posted:

That's nice that even after you moved out that you still play Fifa with your family online.

Better.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Karl Sharks posted:

I don't think VAR removes the players from the pitch.

To a certain degree, it removes the referee's agency and/or forces an assertion where there was no call.

Is this view really that contentious or unpopular? There's no denying that the game pacing is destroyed by VAR, only to get worse as they decide that loving throw-ins need to be reviewed or some other inane marginal poo poo.

Keeper stepped of his/her line? Well the loving player stutter-stepped a tango and nobody blinked, and that was blatantly obvious in real-time to everyone.

It's selective enforcement bullshit that slows the match and I find it disengaging.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 20, 2019

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Diva Cupcake posted:

Other than his outfit and decision to post it to the world I don't see much wrong with this tbh.

Looks like he's having fun on vacation. Poor judgement in posting it though.

Nobody said players had to actually be mature adults, did they?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
This goes back to the problem of branding all athletes as role models and heroes.

Turns out they're humans and most of the time shitheads too. :shrug: Sorry about the damage this has done to your "brand" Glazer family, owners of Manchester United Football Club, incorporated in the Cayman Islands.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah but you're saying it removes the human element as if the ref is the last bastion of human chaos in the equation, even if the ref was somehow replaced by a perfect rules robot, there'd still be plenty of crazy poo poo happening to talk about. it just happens that if that were to occur, the days convo of "was that a pen?" that never really gets anywhere or accomplishes anything other than filling up time/attention would be avoided

also the ref still has agency in plenty of ways in terms of (not) allowing advantage, when to card someone for persistent fouling, etc. even if VAR refs "overrule" him on certain decisions

as for the pacing stuff, i agree and as others have said that's just lovely implementation, not a lovely system

I understand your take and agree to a large extent. I should have probably added "part of the referee's agency". In circumstances when you can allow the advantage play, that works. The "Well it was cut and dry that the ball entered hand-airspace and hit the man so we're taking 10 minutes to decide this, on repeat, that this poor cross deserves a penalty" garbage rubs me the wrong loving way.

Der Shovel posted:

Honestly I do wish Lingard was taking a page out of McTominay's book, who is seemingly training hard for the upcoming season, but footballers don't get a lot of time off so I can't exactly hate him for enjoying it and his money when he has the chance.

You can enjoy yourself when your knees turn to wet paper towel and your divorce is finalized, young man.

Dude's a kid, let him have fun. Tabloids ruin the gently caress out of everything.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 21, 2019

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Man, how has this all lined up so poorly...

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Kinda looks like Robbie Keane.

Can't be though...
There's only one Kean-o...

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Man U vs Spurs was a snippy game.

Sissoko was not interested in James trying to wrap him up and let him know.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

qirex posted:

Lacazette blew up his ankle 14 minutes into the prestigious 2019 Emirates Cup final against Lyon!

:nallears:

What a goddamn shame.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Exactly what Spurs need, a dickwavering tantrum behind the scenes.

:sigh:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

What does dickwavering look like?

Bend over, I'll show you.

:dong:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Tottenham Hotspurs.

Winners of the Audi Cup.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Not with all our silverware.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

CyberPingu posted:

When's the parade?

We're much too humble for that.

It wasn't in the budget :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
As a Spurs fan, I can't bring myself to hate Henry. Not sure why.