Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

I mean getting pipped for 3rd by chelski doesn't feel great

Eh Leicester can probably turn them over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

They’ve genuinely looked better all season without Kane to me

They have been pretty below par most of the 2nd half of the season. A good portion of that was with an injured or limited Kane. They aren't better without him imo

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I'd be surprised if City does much of anything at the minute, given the whole article in the NYT today about Fifa considering kicking them out of the CL.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It also feels like whatever they do end up hitting City with, they basically have to hit PSG with.

Kinda tough when PSGs people own BeIn

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Are Spurs still eager to get Grealish?

Yeah he remains a target. Would help with homegrown.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

But Blinkz0r said he was better than Robertson....

Id have to imagine that was probably before it became clear he wasnt

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

condolences to the newcastle posters

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If the Over/Under for Fat Frank was managing 5 total seasons in the premier league, which do you take?

Of course, I'm taking the over as a Chelsea fan. Even if he's bad at Chelsea he's probably going to be an ok manager and he going to get another chance and probably another couple jobs after getting sacked by Roman.

Under

If he bombs out at Chelsea it is as likely that he tries to go somewhere in the Man City group imo

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

From my perspective, the biggest confusion from the Levy "we are doing really well and maybe someone else can do a job" perspective, is the team probably isn't far off needing an overhaul anyway. This version of the squad probably doesn't have more than a season or two left in it anyway, before you are rebuilding. Why not let the guy who clearly wants to build a new squad, and was successful with the last group, take on the job again?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

Poch doesn’t want to build a new squad, he wants to plump a gazillion pounds for Dybala, and Levy will never ever do any such thing.

Levy is the luckiest man in the world thaf Harry Kane happened to be born where he was

Meh, I will take Poch signing all the Argie's if it means that somehow one of Skipp, KWP, Roles, or Parrott come good, because he is an above average youth developer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I prefer the lavish 8M/yr for Spurs over the last decade as my "well that's a bit stupid" statistic.