Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hey a bunch of guys and two ladies are fighting tonight lets talk about it

Should be starting any minute now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

My New Yorker rear end loves Al so much for exclusively geographic reasons but my brother is friendly with Cerrone so I feel kinda obligated to root for him but gently caress him I'm team Al

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

main event is cool as hell. no real expectations for the rest of the fights, hopefully we get a couple cool ones

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
i want both these guys to win. Top 3 fights are very interesting.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah I think the 3 top fights should be pretty good, I still believe in Cub.

Also I wanna see that heavyweight match on the early prelims, Kraken!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

excited for some yelling matt sera tonight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I think Theodorou vs Brunson is going to be an interminable slog as Brunson chases and Elias skitters around the outside of the cage

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
yea the kraken. Why dont I remember this guy?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Man I reeeeeally hate Elias fights

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jst0rm posted:

yea the kraken. Why dont I remember this guy?

This is technically his second UFC fight

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Just based on what they told us about the Kraken during his walk in I'm a huge fan of the Kraken

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

TRASHWEIGHT YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAW

love the corner advice of

"Keep punching him"
"Put your hands in the right spot"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
fun facts: kraken used to be greg hardy's nfl nickname/twitter account

juan wants to fight greg's bum rear end

juan would hopefully kill greg hardy with mighty punches if they did fight

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I was literally yelling at my TV for Bhullar to pass that bullshit "half guard"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brut posted:

TRASHWEIGHT YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAW

love the corner advice of

"Keep punching him"
"Put your hands in the right spot"

guessing it is the same corner, but i was a big fan of "speed from the hands, please... SPEED from the hands, PLEASE.... *SPEED* from the *HANDS* PLEASE!!!!"

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Actual audio of Bhullar's cornerman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9-voINFkCg

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
krakens punching could be more crisp. I know the power is there but its not like top power. Kraken vs Cormier would be lol.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Bisping is 2/2 on forgetting which fighter is which so far.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Brut posted:

bisping telling us exactly what we are seeing in the replays is lol.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Brut posted:

He sucks at it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lol while waiting for the scorecards the camera cut to this for a couple seconds

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wow this loving punk is gonna call out the pitbull? andrei would loving destroy this fat rear end with jabs and effective clinch work and TDD for 3 rounds before getting jobbed in a 29-28, 29-28, 27-30 split decision

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

wow this loving punk is gonna call out the pitbull? andrei would loving destroy this fat rear end with jabs and effective clinch work and TDD for 3 rounds before getting jobbed in a 29-28, 29-28, 27-30 split decision

andrei would knock him out.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jst0rm posted:

andrei would knock him out.

sir, I extremely disagree. it has been drat near 4 years since Arlovski has gotten a KO - he took out the Turd Golem on May 23, 2015. I believe he would beat the pants off that fat boy all around the ring for sure, but my man the Pitbull ain't got the finish in him anymore

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I haven't changed my mind since the last time I saw him fight (last week)

Brut posted:

Arlovski should retire.

That being said he'd still probably knock that guy out.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
this fight is great.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nelson keeps initiating grappling exchanges despite looking thoroughly white belt out there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Welp

Edit: It never ceases to amaze me how often fighters just go to answering the phone but stop there instead of continuing with the correct way to defend the choke.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
he just rolled into the choke. His coaches are gonna be like dude wtf

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nordine Taleb looks like a smaller version of the giant dude that Iron man got into a brawl with in the ship yard in that stupid Sherlock Holmes movie.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Bruce Buffer looks really cheerful today for some reason.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

Bruce Buffer looks really cheerful today for some reason.

His job owns when you think about it. Ringside seats for every UFC event. Your mere voice gets people hype as poo poo, first class travel everywhere, fans would want a picture but wouldn't be super intense. How is he ever not cheerful?

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Despite being a Canuck Im pulling for Morales here. His Wanderlei looking cornerman raised the roof with intensity the likes of which I havent seen since the late 90s golden era of of raising the roof.

KombatKoch
Jul 31, 2012
I really like Bisping on commentary

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Zahabi sucks.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hahaha Chiasson is walking out to Für Elise

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i like chasson, so i hope she doesn't get beat by cheesecake (whom i also kinda like)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Me, as a trainer when my fighter is on top hammering the gently caress out of their opponent: hey now let's take this easy

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Me, as a trainer when my fighter is on top hammering the gently caress out of their opponent: hey now let's take this easy

First thing he tells her when she sat down on the stool:

"Do not get so aggressive on the ground and pound that you get stuck in an armbar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Brut posted:

First thing he tells her when she sat down on the stool:

"Do not get so aggressive on the ground and pound that you get stuck in an armbar"

listen i am only a casual ufc watcher let me make a dumb joke :colbert: