Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh my god lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

nice

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

MGSV got pretty weird halfway through.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Sid Vicious posted:

Why isn't anyone helping that walrus

That's always the dumbest thing in nature films; they film some animal drowning in a bog and the narrator's like "yes well you see nature if very cruel and so on" and it's like we all know there's at least one dude filming that poo poo that could easily help that animal, but no, gotta get that shot. That jerk probably pushed that animal in the bog to begin with! Just like that Disney film where they threw the lemmings off that cliff because they had heard lemmings like to fall to their deaths but for some reason just couldn't get them to do it naturally.

There's probably even a dude up on that cliff pushing that walrus off too! Reveal yourself!!! :mad:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Mooey Cow posted:

That's always the dumbest thing in nature films; they film some animal drowning in a bog and the narrator's like "yes well you see nature if very cruel and so on" and it's like we all know there's at least one dude filming that poo poo that could easily help that animal.

It's even more ironic because the position is that the Walrus...es are falling down the cliff and dying because climate change has melted the ice that would normally let them slide down. Human intervention has caused them to die, and human intervention could save them, but the idea that nature is cruel and cannot be tamed sells better than telling people they need to enact change.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Mooey Cow posted:

That's always the dumbest thing in nature films; they film some animal drowning in a bog and the narrator's like "yes well you see nature if very cruel and so on" and it's like we all know there's at least one dude filming that poo poo that could easily help that animal, but no, gotta get that shot. That jerk probably pushed that animal in the bog to begin with! Just like that Disney film where they threw the lemmings off that cliff because they had heard lemmings like to fall to their deaths but for some reason just couldn't get them to do it naturally.

There's probably even a dude up on that cliff pushing that walrus off too! Reveal yourself!!! :mad:

The point of a nature documentary is to document nature for educational purposes. Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that happens all the time in nature. If you don’t like it stop loving up the environment

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

why did nt you halp the walrus binch

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mooey Cow posted:

The dumbest thing about images of any sort of widespread tragedy is people bitching about how the person documenting it "didn't help".

This isn't a one-time occurrence, it's not something one single person can stop, or fix, or even make any real impact in. Showing it the world is helping.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
from what i remember reading it is just as plausible from available evidence that walruses fling themselves off cliffs because they're idiots as because of climate change

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Chrs Gry posted:

The point of a nature documentary is to document nature for educational purposes. Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that happens all the time in nature. If you don’t like it stop loving up the environment

*a guy walks out deviously from behind the walrus cliff*

*camera zooms in on his face*

It's ME?!?!?!?!?!?! :wth:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what was going through your mind when you made that post? did you think it would spark joy?

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Also you people do realise that they’ll have been filming this from a distance right? And that even if someone did have super human speed to get over there before the walrus hits the ground it’s a loving walrus they weigh like 4000 pounds it’s not like they’ll be able to catch it.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Great, you turned the sadness from the clip turn into real grief towards these lovely guys. Thanks.
Humans suck. :smithicide:

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Tusk II: At the Mountains of Madness

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Why do nerds have to get mad about everything? Just join in on the ha has and make another thread to be extra bad in. Maybe then you'll organize and do something about it instead of sitting on the world wide web bein mad about people telling jokes.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Chrs Gry posted:

Also you people do realise that they’ll have been filming this from a distance right? And that even if someone did have super human speed to get over there before the walrus hits the ground it’s a loving walrus they weigh like 4000 pounds it’s not like they’ll be able to catch it.

Look at this rear end in a top hat over here basing his opinions on things like “reality.” Smdh

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chrs Gry posted:

I could catch the walrus , and I would have if I was there

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Mooey Cow posted:

Having the film crew save walruses for one day (more likely get crushed/gored by walruses within one hour) and not filming it does gently caress all in the long run.

Idiots need to stop pretending saving endangered animals or the environment in general is the right use case for human kindness towards an arbitrarily chosen individual unless you're talking about literally the last three dozen rhinos getting poached.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 6, 2019

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
a creature that does not have the minimal amount of sense to not fling itself off a cliff is not worth saving

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Remember when the guy who invented Segway scooters reversed one off a cliff lol

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Documentary crew should have been on that

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Don’t think of it as a walrus dying, think of it as evolution progressing. Thanks, Dick Dorkins, for killing the dumb sabre-toothed seal.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

I could catch the walrus , and I would have if I was there

Anyway, I keep picturing all these big walruses on this big hill of jagged rock and all. Hundreds of walruses and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of that crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everyrus if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're wobbling and walrusing around and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher on the cliff and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sweet thursday posted:

Anyway, I keep picturing all these big walruses on this big hill of jagged rock and all. Hundreds of walruses and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of that crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everyrus if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're wobbling and walrusing around and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher on the cliff and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.

You're a phony! A god drat phony!

Piney
Oct 14, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Already three Simpsons gifs and none of them is Homer falling off the cliff.

Piney fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 6, 2019

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

That first walrus was 100% shoved off by his mate. Netflix is harboring murderers!

And the walrus wins the race!

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Thank you based Piney

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ben Smash posted:

Thank you based Piney

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Holden : You're on a Russian beach, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down...
Leon : What one?
Holden : What?
Leon : What beach?
Holden : It doesn't make any difference what beach, it's completely hypothetical.
Leon : But, how come I'd be there?
Holden : Maybe you're fed up. Maybe you want to be by yourself. Who knows? You look down and see a walrus, Leon. It's crawling toward you...
Leon : Walrus? What's that?
Holden : [irritated by Leon's interruptions] You know what an elephant seal is?
Leon : Of course!
Holden : Same thing.
Leon : I've never seen an elephant seal... But I understand what you mean.
Holden : You reach over and you flip the walrus over the ledge, Leon.
Leon : Do you make up these questions, Mr. Holden? Or do they write 'em down for you?
Holden : The walrus falls off the precipice, its bulbous body bouncing off the cold rocks in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to stop its fall to the crags below, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.
Leon : [angry at the suggestion] What do you mean, I'm not helping?
Holden : I mean: you're not helping! Why is that, Leon?
[Leon has become visibly shaken]
Holden : They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Amazing

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Excuse me it is very offensive and terrible that someone would make me look at a cartoon American fall off a cliff and probably die

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That walrus is the lucky one.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Homer was in the hospital a long time

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

More like fallrus

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Noblesse Obliged posted:

More like fallrus

:vince:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Yes.

YES!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

god loving drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Hrrrrnggg Sir Attenborough, im trying to climb this cliff but I'm dummy thicc and the clap from my rear end cheeks keeps alerting Al Gore