Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
The Blues had the puck. That's why play continued on. Change the rules and you'll get goalies flopping like soccer players when they can't control a rebound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

bewbies posted:

Listen to the announcer, he's explaining it to you like you're five

why the gently caress would i still be watching that tire fire of a game.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

No different than a player going down after blocking your shot. The refs will not blow the whistle until the downed to players team gets possession unless it is deemed immediate medical attention is necessary. There was not blood pooling on the ice so they let it continue sorry for your loss

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

Why learn when you can be a homer? :hmmyes:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Nocheez posted:

The Blues had the puck. That's why play continued on. Change the rules and you'll get goalies flopping like soccer players when they can't control a rebound.

Change the rules so that the play is automatically blown dead on any impact to the head area of a goaltender and you get the best of both worlds! safety for goaltenders and no need to ever "dive"

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Starsfan posted:

Fans watch until the end.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

Change the rules so that the play is automatically blown dead on any impact to the head area of a goaltender and you get the best of both worlds! safety for goaltenders and no need to ever "dive"

Watch the replay, it didn't hit his head.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Nocheez posted:

No see he said "head area!" The collarbone is in the area of the head though. Like shoulders. Stop play for all shoulder saves.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Nocheez posted:

I'm ok with the play also automatically being blown dead for pucks to the throat / neck or collar bone.

I really don't think anything will be lost by having reasonable protections in place for goaltenders.

This is literally the first time that either goaltender in the series has taken a puck to the head area so I really don't think we'll be beset by a ridiculous number of plays blown dead to this common sense rule change.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I like how the NBC crew say there was obvious stick holding and they show a brief clip where it wasn't obvious at all and never speak of it again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I appreciate that by the letter of the rules you could decapitate a goalie and play would continue

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

Blues outplayed the stars but ok let's blame the refs anyway

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I really don't like the pass it around the point when you're up on the powerplay tactic. Show some killer instinct jeez

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

I'm ok with the play also automatically being blown dead for pucks to the throat / neck or collar bone.

I really don't think anything will be lost by having reasonable protections in place for goaltenders.

This is literally the first time that either goaltender in the series has taken a puck to the head area so I really don't think we'll be beset by a ridiculous number of plays blown dead to this common sense rule change.

The rules were followed, quit yer bitching and start a petition on change.org about it.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/kfraserthecall/status/1125151021074931712

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

gently caress it, I'm buying tix for Game 7.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mike_V posted:

I really don't like the pass it around the point when you're up on the powerplay tactic. Show some killer instinct jeez

I dunno, man, when you're up by 3 you might as well kill time and not take a risky shot that's blocked and leads to a shorthanded rush.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

it's ok though, the Stars are no strangers in this series to ending up on the wrong side of the referees discretion ;D

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We had a decent game on our hands, even behind by 1 goal going into the 3rd, but man it got absolutely derailed by ref apathy.

You can argue all you want, but at the end of the day the game disappeared the second Bishop died on the ice. And that's gonna be on the refs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SlumPrince posted:

Blues outplayed the stars but ok let's blame the refs anyway

They certainly ran away with the game once the Stars lost a goalie, it's true. And man, that fluky second goal! Absolute world beaters.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

We had a decent game on our hands, even behind by 1 goal going into the 3rd, but man it got absolutely derailed by ref apathy.

You can argue all you want, but at the end of the day the game disappeared the second Bishop died on the ice. And that's gonna be on the refs.

If the Stars aren't lighting up the email inbox for the league after every game in this series I don't even know what to say about them.

It seems like the Blues whine their asses off after every call that goes against them, and Dallas just stoically marches to the box while Montgomery looks on with a frown from the bench on their penalties. These refs are absolutely susceptible to pressure and aggressive coaching, that's just something Montgomery will have to learn in his time in the league.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Can't wait until your crying to limited to the offseason thread

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Fateo McMurray posted:

Not an emptyquote.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fateo McMurray posted:

I sincerely hope your goalie explodes on the ice, with his helmet somehow in tact.

I'm just exploring the space.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

hopefully sometime after the Blues posters head there :)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

I sincerely hope your goalie explodes on the ice, with his helmet somehow in tact.

I'm just exploring the space.

Tuukka has been known for his explosiveness. So there's a chance.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
But hey if it makes some of yall feel better I get to enjoy myself a sad, quiet train ride back home clad in plenty of gear, that really emphasizes the sadness of it all.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

But hey if it makes some of yall feel better I get to enjoy myself a sad, quiet train ride back home clad in plenty of gear, that really emphasizes the sadness of it all.

You'll never know sadness until you have to do this after losing an elimination game in the SCF.

And having to carry this really big framed picture of your goalie you bought before the game started because you knew he wasn't going to let you lose and give up the game in the final 17 seconds.

(yes I'm gatekeeping sadness)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Did you ever have Kari Lehtonen on your team, friend?

:qq:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fantasy team, yes.

2nd place.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Starsfan posted:

It seems like the Blues whine their asses off after every call that goes against them, and Dallas just stoically marches to the box while Montgomery looks on with a frown from the bench on their penalties. These refs are absolutely susceptible to pressure and aggressive coaching, that's just something Montgomery will have to learn in his time in the league.

it's fun seeing the early ground work for cognitive dissonance

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fateo McMurray posted:

Fantasy team, yes.

2nd place.

He was always the bridesmaid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Big breasts are a bad omen.