Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
ogopogo, been following your journey in the pizza thread for years. Finally going to make it out to Vegas next week for a work trip and will 100% be headed your way. I’ll be staying/working a convention at the Venetian, so may be late, but I WILL make it happen. loving stoked.

Also on the list is Lotus of Siam. Probably only one more available meal while I am there. What is the thread opinion for what I should not miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

bartolimu posted:

What kind of food? My shortlist:
Esther's Kitchen for the best carbonara ever, bread, neat cocktails
Raku for omakase including the best homemade tofu ever
Bazaar Meats for very spendy but excellent meaty things (tartare is a must)
Sparrow + Wolf for tweaked classics and an outstanding bar program (tartare is also a must here, whether beef, lamb, or beet)
Tacos el Gordo for really authentic TJ style tacos
Pizzeria Monzú if you want a vastly different from Yukon but excellent take on pizza, with bonus cicchetti (get the lemon leaves)
China Mama for great Chinese dumplings and some solid Sichuan classics

We can probably make some other suggestions if you're looking for something else regional or whatever.

Awesome suggestions, thanks. China Mama is looking pretty great right now since good dumplings are not something I have easy access to at home.

In general, I’ve never met a cuisine I didn’t like, and within reason, price is no object. Pretty much the only qualification for what I am looking for this trip is “not a curated, multi course culinary experience.” I’ll be working long days on my feet all day, so I want a place where I can go, order a bunch of delicious food, gorge myself and be out in under 90ish minutes.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Amazing, thank you for the fantastic write up. The wife and I are planning on an actual personal trip by end of year, so we’ll likely hit up a lot of these spots.

Monta Ramen is probably going to be the winner for this quick work trip though. Looks great. Also can’t find a good tonkatsu here in Denver, and a few orders of gyoza will be a passable Chinese dumpling replacement.

Again, thanks so much!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Alright, back to Vegas after my work trip back in June. Thanks for the recs last time. I got Lotus of Siam, Monta and Yukon, all of which were fantastic.

This time we’re in town for 3 days, 2 nights starting next Friday. Staying at The Venetian. ogopogo, we’re headed back your way Friday night!

Looking specifically for good breakfast spots, and a nice, dressy-ish dinner for Saturday night. Pretty much any cuisine except steakhouse is welcome. Very open to standard app/entree/dessert or tasting menus.

Bart’s suggestions of Esther’s Kitchen and Sparrow + Wolf both looking great, but CAN go fancier. Turning 40 and celebrating a promotion at the same time, so price is pretty much no object, but not looking to intentionally set as much money on fire as possible, so no stunt food.

Thanks!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Just wanted to say thanks again for the food recs earlier this month. Wife and I had a BLAST, and ate extremely well.

Another great set of pies at Yukon, pretty sure that we liked the breakfast pizza at Red Dwarf, but got pretty blasted on tiki drinks. Solid brunch at Bouchon, and thanks to the premium wine pairing, had the most expensive meal of our lives at Partage.

Partage was very, very excellent. We normally don’t go crazy for tasting menus, because a lot of them are more focused on being interesting than being good. Every course except the little starter ravioli was both interesting, and super delicious.