Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince is not going away, even if he dies.

They’ll pull a John Henry Eden on him and upload his consciousness into a vast computer mainframe. And he will continue to book everything for another 100 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Death is the ultimate angle

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Phenix Rising posted:

I appreciate how hard The Revival are going in on this. They know they're being buried in the dumbest way and they're destined to put their full energy behind it. Vince must be pissed that they don't look visibly sad out there.

Over acting like HBK overselling against Hogan is probably the best way to go about it, TBH.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if vince ever does die how long do you think it is before trips puts the main title on himself

One year six months.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

Death is the ultimate angle

“Death is but a doorway. Time is but a window. I’ll be back.” - Vinny the Bookerman

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

The Revival began racing about trying their best to deal with the pain on their dicks and taint

Let us never forget the moment Jerusalem had to enter these words into the servers.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I liked Raw.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

wait

That's not how it happened at all

I'm scared to go back and remind myself what I got wrong because I hated that dumb storyline so much, what'd I get wrong/misremember?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'm scared to go back and remind myself what I got wrong because I hated that dumb storyline so much, what'd I get wrong/misremember?
shane wanted The Lockbox, Vince said he could have a match at Mania to win it but if he lost he was fired, and the match was against The Undertaker in a cell. Shane lost and was fired. And then was running Raw a week later.

So somehow dumber than you remember.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Shane came back and tried to blackmail Vince into taking power away from Vince/Stephanie (Shane came back as an uber face because Steph/Vince were doing a bad job with the shows, sound familiar?), so Vince said he'd give it all up if Shane could win a match at WM against the Undertaker. If Shane lost, he'd be banished.

They never explained why Undertaker agreed to it.

Also when Shane lost, Vince said since people like Shane so much, Shane could book RAW one last time before leaving forever. That RAW was really good both in story and for real. Then the same thing happened the week after that, and the week after that... That storyline also had no explanation.

jesus WEP posted:

No, Vince setting a match with Undertaker vs Shane is a lot dumber than Vince setting a match with Shane vs Undertaker. The rest was plenty dumb without needing to pretend otherwise.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WWE is going to be better after Vince dies just because trips isn't going to scream in the commentators' ears all show.

Triple H is also less insane even if he is just as awful.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

They never explained why Undertaker agreed to it.

I have a vague memory of a vince promo where he proclaimed the undertaker was his bitch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

shane wanted The Lockbox, Vince said he could have a match at Mania to win it but if he lost he was fired, and the match was against The Undertaker in a cell. Shane lost and was fired. And then was running Raw a week later.

Oh my God you're right, he went into that match as a face :psyduck:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God you're right, he went into that match as a face :psyduck:

To Be Fair babyface Shane was really good until Survivor Series 2016 when he got his brain rattled to a paste and it made him think he was a real wrestler

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have Raw recorded but people in the last general thread say it's even worse than last weeks. Is this possible :psyduck:??

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have Raw recorded but people in the last general thread say it's even worse than last weeks. Is this possible :psyduck:??

It’s like staring into a bottomless well of despair.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Unbelievable. Last week's Raw was the worst I've seen this year.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

Also when Shane lost, Vince said since people like Shane so much, Shane could book RAW one last time before leaving forever. That RAW was really good both in story and for real. Then the same thing happened the week after that, and the week after that... That storyline also had no explanation.

So it seems the solution is to make Shane the onscreen booker for both shows. That way they book the shows well to make him look good, like they seem hellbent on doing with him as a wrestler.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Unbelievable. Last week's Raw was the worst I've seen this year.

This week's Raw was getting up there with being as bad as some of the standard Nitros from their worst years. Not as bad as the worst Nitros, but even as bad as regular weekly Nitro is still pretty loving shocking.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
shane mcmahon is the result of daniel bryan and cm punk doing the fusion dance

He's so strong

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope the Usos wildcard to Smackdown and win the vacant tag titles and then wildcard to stay away from Raw next week and wildcard to Smackdown again and repeat that every week.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

shane mcmahon is the result of daniel bryan and cm punk doing the fusion dance

He's so strong
i have a work buddy who has the wwe brain worms so bad he honestly thinks shane never takes his shirt off because he’s too muscular and it would make the rest of the roster look bad

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

jesus WEP posted:

i have a work buddy who has the wwe brain worms so bad he honestly thinks shane never takes his shirt off because he’s too muscular and it would make the rest of the roster look bad

I've heard he's super jacked in person so I believe it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

There was a funny bit where Lacey Evans apparently scented her RSVP cards.
The tagteam champions teleported to the ring.
It wasn’t great

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spiderdrake posted:

I think they loving suck but WWE has made me feel sympathy for them and excitement at seeing them join another promotion so good work WWE you've made a star!

This is weird to me. It is not that long ago that The Revival were putting on some of the best tag team matches of the year in NXT. Under 3 years. I don't think they suddenly suck just because Vince McMahon has one of his many illogical hangups about tag team wrestling.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if vince ever does die how long do you think it is before trips puts the main title on himself

HHH is the world's biggest HHH mark but I also think he's self aware enough that doing the business stuff isn't conducive to wrestling a regular schedule which you'd normally expect from the top champ.

It's definitely possible but on the other hand he's not a senile old man completely out of touch and surrounded by yes men while pretending to hate yes men so he's not going to be worse than Vince.

And all that aside, HHH is a big dumb wrestling fan, in the positive sense. He's not desperately embarrassed to be involved in wrestling and trying to kid on he's not, he loves Ric Flair and Harley Race and 80s NWA stuff. He's not a man weirdly neurotic about wrestling's southern past, he doesn't seem to wish he was a Hollywood guy instead of a wrestling guy.

I don't think it'll be perfect post-Vince, I don't think the WWE's business practices will improve much if at all, but the actual TV programme? Yeah, even if Hunter pushes himself as the main champ it'll still be a better wrestling show.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If nothing else I think HHH will let people use normal human words for things like belts and tournaments and crowds and it’ll make the whole thing less hostile to watch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

This is weird to me. It is not that long ago that The Revival were putting on some of the best tag team matches of the year in NXT. Under 3 years. I don't think they suddenly suck just because Vince McMahon has one of his many illogical hangups about tag team wrestling.

I guess an argument could be made that even Enzo and Cass were considered a strong tag-team worthy of a title win back when they were in NXT, and they had exciting matches. Hell, The Ascension still get a heroes welcome whenever they return to NXT: they were booked well there regardless of their actual limitations.

But I'm one of those in the boat of "Vince McMahon is just being a loving idiot", I'm pretty sure the Revival could deliver a fantastic series of tag matches with a whole bunch of teams on the roster if they were given even half the opportunities they regularly got in NXT. As always the common denominator in "Why is thing/person that was good suddenly not good anymore?" is WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

I've heard he's super jacked in person so I believe it.

Snopes posted:

FALSE.

Shane McMahon has been seen in multiple instances in the presence of Booker T, who has never once been heard to exclaim,"You're looking real jacked, baby."

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the only thing jacked about Shane McMahon is his body temperature whenever he has to wrestle for longer than 30 seconds

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I guess an argument could be made that even Enzo and Cass were considered a strong tag-team worthy of a title win back when they were in NXT, and they had exciting matches. Hell, The Ascension still get a heroes welcome whenever they return to NXT: they were booked well there regardless of their actual limitations.

But I'm one of those in the boat of "Vince McMahon is just being a loving idiot", I'm pretty sure the Revival could deliver a fantastic series of tag matches with a whole bunch of teams on the roster if they were given even half the opportunities they regularly got in NXT. As always the common denominator in "Why is thing/person that was good suddenly not good anymore?" is WWE.

The Ascension were great fun in NXT. I doubt they'd ever be main event guys on the main roster but were they even given a chance? In development they were serious and dominant, did they ever get presented half as well on the main roster?

That's the other hope for Vince no longer being in charge, greater communication between development and main roster. At least some discussion about gimmicks because little point getting over at Full Sail only to get brought up and rapidly told "got nothing for you".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

The Ascension were great fun in NXT. I doubt they'd ever be main event guys on the main roster but were they even given a chance? In development they were serious and dominant, did they ever get presented half as well on the main roster?
they won a few squash matches and then they did a segment where the new age outlaws and the apa ridiculed them and beat them up

so no, no they did not

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

they won a few squash matches and then they did a segment where the new age outlaws and the apa ridiculed them and beat them up

so no, no they did not

also in their debut they were mocked for being lovely road warrior ripoffs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They did some fun comedy stuff with The Fashion Police once any chance of being taken seriously as scary dudes was ruined, but that came to an end too sadly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

also in their debut they were mocked for being lovely road warrior ripoffs

This is so dumb. Ripping off established popular gimmicks is pro wrestling! Demolition and half a dozen other power & paint tag teams in the 80s! Imagine being WWF and mocking Demolition on their debut. That'll get them over.

Like, every 2nd face tag team in the 80s was a version of the Rock'n'Roll Express. It was fine. The gimmick worked for a reason, people were somehow convinced Robert Gibson was a heartthrob.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

forkboy84 posted:

Like, every 2nd face tag team in the 80s was a version of the Rock'n'Roll Express. It was fine. The gimmick worked for a reason, people were somehow convinced Robert Gibson was a heartthrob.

Hell, The Young Bucks are just Rock'n'Roll Express fused with The Hardy Boys.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Vince To Shareholders: "We're doing extensive focus testing to figure out how to improve the product and win back fans. The crowd is in charge now! Besides we can't afford to be painted as 'the bad promotion' once competition heats up."

Vince To Creative: "BURY THOSE REVIVAL FUCKS, HOW DARE THEY REFUSE MY MONEY!! A FULL HALF HOUR TO CRUSHING THEM LIKE ANTS WITH AS MUCH EMASCULATION AS WE HAVE TIME FOR!!!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

forkboy84 posted:

This is so dumb. Ripping off established popular gimmicks is pro wrestling! Demolition and half a dozen other power & paint tag teams in the 80s! Imagine being WWF and mocking Demolition on their debut. That'll get them over.

man both those guys were fuckin goblins, it ruled. it would be like if the cars didnt have that hot bassist and instead it was 4 ric ocaseks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I didn't like the new Firefly funhouse.

Unrelated, I also don't like that Miz vs Shane is still a thing.