Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Someone should tell these people that shooting up schools is against the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

my plan to not have children is working out great so far

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Nerds have been hitting the gym for the last 8 years or so, it's all the rage these days. With genuine jocks getting into mainstream nerd poo poo, it's become hard to tell who is who

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
the gun nuts won, this is fine

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
i dont know if im more disgusted with the shooting or that the website you linked wont let me watch coverage of it without turning off my ad blocker so that they can profit from it

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

only cops should be allowed to shoot children

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

only cops should be allowed to shoot children

:hai:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

redm posted:

i dont know if im more disgusted with the shooting or that the website you linked wont let me watch coverage of it without turning off my ad blocker so that they can profit from it
It's a very American thing

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

What a pathetic killcount imo. Only one? I’ve killed more that with negligent driving last Christmas for Christ sake.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

redm posted:

You don't want people to think you're one of them sociacommunawhatsits types, do ya?

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This sure ticks all the boxes

The teen's social media pages indicate that he is an avid guitar player, youth theater actor and registered Democrat who has on occasion expressed disdain for Christians, criticized President Donald Trump and praised former President Barack Obama.

In a post from 2014, Erickson wrote: 'You know what I hate? All these Christians who hate gays, yet in the bible, it says in Deuteronomy 17:12-13, if someone doesn’t do what their priest tells them to do, they are supposed to die. It has plenty of crazy stuff like that. But all they get out of it is "ewwwwww gays".'

In 2015 he shared a Facebook post by Occupy Democrats praising Obama, and in 2016 shared a video of TV host Seth Meyers criticizing Trump.

The Denver Channel reported that the second suspect, who is a minor, was in the process of transitioning from female to male.

Multiple sources told the outlet that the motive of the alleged shooters went beyond bullying and involved revenge and anger towards their classmates.

They said at least one of the suspects was involved in legal and illegal drug use and had been in therapy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

536 posted:

This sure ticks all the boxes

The teen's social media pages indicate that he is an avid guitar player, youth theater actor and registered Democrat who has on occasion expressed disdain for Christians, criticized President Donald Trump and praised former President Barack Obama.

In a post from 2014, Erickson wrote: 'You know what I hate? All these Christians who hate gays, yet in the bible, it says in Deuteronomy 17:12-13, if someone doesn’t do what their priest tells them to do, they are supposed to die. It has plenty of crazy stuff like that. But all they get out of it is "ewwwwww gays".'

In 2015 he shared a Facebook post by Occupy Democrats praising Obama, and in 2016 shared a video of TV host Seth Meyers criticizing Trump.

The Denver Channel reported that the second suspect, who is a minor, was in the process of transitioning from female to male.

Multiple sources told the outlet that the motive of the alleged shooters went beyond bullying and involved revenge and anger towards their classmates.

They said at least one of the suspects was involved in legal and illegal drug use and had been in therapy.
Oh good, so everyone gets to be completely sick of seeing this fowarded on social media in a week.

On the other hand, perhaps in these divided times we can take some comfort in knowing that, left or right, Americans be shooting kids.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

At least this one didn't leave a manifesto for people to post about.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

At least we're seeing more representation in school shootings. Slowly but surely we're coming along!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
imo Elliot Rodgers was the peak of the Deranged Student Shooter genre and all these derivative works just don't compare. It's getting really played out.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

imo Elliot Rodgers was the peak of the Deranged Student Shooter genre and all these derivative works just don't compare. It's getting really played out.

Elliot's manifesto is full of really hilarious bits, like when he spent $700 on lottery tickets one week and didn't win, so he missed Spring Break to stay at home and sulk.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Remember when that guy did the worst mass shooting in American history in Las Vegas and then everyone was like : "Holy poo poo what's the deal with that?" and then nobody said anything or has since?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Denver should have voted 'No' on Prop 187 - More School Shootings imho

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Oh god people are going to have a field day that one of the shooters is transitioning.

I can see the desk chair spinning as some right wing pundit runs to report about the mentally ill trans person

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
These new shooters suck. Wasting time on blogs instead of making cool MODs or WAD files. I bet none of them can even beat a single PAR time on Doom.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

redm posted:

add noscript to your extensions. No more problems.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Jesus just turn school into an app so everyone can stay in their homes.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
If only they'd make schools gun free zones. Then we wouldn't see this happen because it'd be illegal.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

hayden. posted:

If only they'd make schools gun free zones. Then we wouldn't see this happen because it'd be illegal.

nah, they need to add more guns. Right now, the low amount of guns is upsetting the schools' humors.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I work in a high school and more often than not I wonder if one of these kids is gonna snap and go nuts.

:patriot:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Why is it always guns? Why never crossbows or bows and arrows? Not one mad scientist student bringing their death ray to school. Not even a historical war enthusiast with a musket and cannon.

This will not do, America. This. will. not. do! :colbert:

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Remember when that guy did the worst mass shooting in American history in Las Vegas and then everyone was like : "Holy poo poo what's the deal with that?" and then nobody said anything or has since?

The weirdest thing about that was the media reported him as some kind of genius VIDEO POKER player that hit all these big jackpots. Totally ignorant to the fact that no one wins against video poker when they play for hours a day , everyday. The guy was just another hosed up gambling addict on some pretty hardcore prescription drugs with no real family and a mail order bride girlfriend.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

I work in a high school and more often than not I wonder if one of these kids is gonna snap and go nuts.

:patriot:

you'd think that someone would want to look into why this country has so many white kids that are angry to the point of wanting to kill a bunch of people

no, that's just american exceptionalism, anything that seems wrong is actually normal and right

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

536 posted:

The weirdest thing about that was the media reported him as some kind of genius VIDEO POKER player that hit all these big jackpots. Totally ignorant to the fact that no one wins against video poker when they play for hours a day , everyday. The guy was just another hosed up gambling addict on some pretty hardcore prescription drugs with no real family and a mail order bride girlfriend.

That was pretty weird. There wasn't anything to the guy, just some shlub who killed a bunch of people because he was seemingly bored.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

you'd think that someone would want to look into why this country has so many white kids that are angry to the point of wanting to kill a bunch of people

no, that's just american exceptionalism, anything that seems wrong is actually normal and right

nobody wants to think they will die one day or about how or when . because it’s pretty much the most uncomfortable conversation to have. “It could never happen here “ is all we have .

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Oh joy, I can't wait for all the anti-trans legislation that's going to cite this shooting as the reason we should be denied basic human rights.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

forgive my ignorance since im from the uk but isn't colorado a particularly bad place for a school shooting considering that thing that happened 20 years ago

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

Oh god people are going to have a field day that one of the shooters is transitioning.

I can see the desk chair spinning as some right wing pundit runs to report about the mentally ill trans person

But not the old "this was a case of an isolated mentally ill person committing a horrible act and this isn't the time for political agendas" standby.

More of a "this is what happens when the so-called 'tolerant' left decides it no longer wants to play by the rules. We must stop the liberal insanity." kind of thing.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Sikreci posted:

Oh joy, I can't wait for all the anti-trans legislation that's going to cite this shooting as the reason we should be denied basic human rights.

At least for now it’s great to watch cops trying to identify the kid by one gender or another, with no idea what’s the right way to refer to a trans person.

As a Colorado resident I can guarantee this won’t persuade anyone to think differently about gun control. A girl showed up to shoot up columbine again a couple weeks ago, and since she JUST BARELY didn’t succeed, everyone just shrugged it off.

It’s not that no one cares. It’s that they don’t care as much as they care about their “don’t tread on me” mentality, despite basic gun control not really being in conflict with that idea.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

All the news vans have been called away-- Meghan and Harry's baby just made a cute face and we demand to know what Middle America thinks about it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Only god fearing conservatives can be allowed to shoot up places

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

nobody wants to think they will die one day or about how or when .

I respectfully disagree cause this is pretty much all I think about. I'm too old to be in school so unfortunately for everyone it looks I'll be forced to live to the natural term of this pathetic life, as I'm not brave enough for suicide

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ban all guns gently caress you

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

You don't want people to think you're one of them sociacommunawhatsits types, do ya?

I probably wouldn't have mentioned it if it had been as simple as disabling the adblocker while connecting to the website , but it struck me mid process that I didn't want to go through the trouble of adding a url to an exception list just to watch something I didn't actually want to see anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Space Race Riot posted:

I respectfully disagree cause this is pretty much all I think about. I'm too old to be in school so unfortunately for everyone it looks I'll be forced to live to the natural term of this pathetic life, as I'm not brave enough for suicide
That's just the plot to that Drew Barrymore movie Never Been Killed