Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ace Jameson posted:

He is right that nobody actually liked/cared about the Whalers when they existed.
Wrong bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

glynnenstein posted:

I wouldn't blame Hamilton at all. The counter-hit elbowwas kinda interference, but you don't see that called very often. It definitely wasn't actually an elbow. The interference definitely should not have been a penalty at all since Backes played the puck immediately before the hit.

https://streamable.com/sj6ud?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

lol I love all the goalpost-moving happening for both of Dougie's stupid-obvious penalties.

Nocheez posted:

Now every Boston fan has to admit that they like Don Cherry:

The gently caress we do. I'm pretty okay with him retiring into obscurity with nary a microphone or camera around. (he's probably gonna die on camera)

Ace Jameson posted:

He is right that nobody actually liked/cared about the Whalers when they existed.

Yeah, but, see, now the throwback vintage t-shirts are a great conversation starter on the west coast so.... uhh... thanks for your legacy, Whalers. :thumbsup:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
The Hartford Whalers gave us the legend Gordie Howe.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

bewbies posted:

the game isn't tonight??

god dammit, what the gently caress

A point of agreement.

Ace Jameson posted:

Notable shout out in Mallrats.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

bewbies posted:

the game isn't tonight??

god dammit, what the gently caress

blues fan doesn't even know when the game is smdh

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Last night I got ready for the game an hour early. Why the gently caress are east coast games starting at 8pm anyways?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ace Jameson posted:

:wrong:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Nocheez posted:

Last night I got ready for the game an hour early. Why the gently caress are east coast games starting at 8pm anyways?

They're just getting us acclimated to Cup Final scheduling, which is always 8 PM ET regardless of location

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Nocheez posted:

Hello, welcome to the life of a CST/MST fan, where games in the first two rounds will always start at 830 PM local time.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

I was there; yes there were Whaler fans, but not a whole lot of reverence in general for a consistently bad team that played in a half-full arena in a shopping mall. There’s a reason they moved.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Here's a thing which is happening:

Bear Force One is a great name for the plane. I can't wait until a captain walks off this plane into the terminal and punches a rival airline's pilot in the back of the head when he's not looking while they're both grabbing coffee during a layover, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That reference reminds me of the time when Marchand punched that guy.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Here's a thing which is happening:

Bear Force One is a great name for the plane. I can't wait until a captain walks off this plane into the terminal and punches a rival airline's pilot in the back of the head when he's not looking while they're both grabbing coffee during a layover, too.

I believe that name is already taken.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Bruins had their own planed called that years ago, but they got rid of it I think. Most teams don't have their own planes anymore unless the owners also share it with other stuff they own.

Now it's just whatever charter they fly, which is how it works for the president anyway I guess.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Let's go Sharks!

Score the goals, win the games.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Aphrodite posted:

The Bruins had their own planed called that years ago, but they got rid of it I think. Most teams don't have their own planes anymore unless the owners also share it with other stuff they own.

Now it's just whatever charter they fly, which is how it works for the president anyway I guess.
The Wings are on their 3rd iteration of their plane, Red Bird III, which is used by the Tigers when the hockey season ends as well

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man, Meier ended Bouwmeester's career.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

VJeff posted:

posting vid for posterity

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1127391237663752199

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Parayko had his lunch eaten by Couture too.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
St. Blueis Clues

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
St. Blew It Lose

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

VJeff posted:

I was hoping he laid a huge hit on him instead of just another reminder he was recently re-signed for next year

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeeeesss, gently caress the Blues.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

quote:

According to reporters after the game, the Sharks were a little fragile at the nasty attitude and aggression shown by the Blues. Apparently, Erik Karlsson thinks other teams should be as soft as his hairdo. gently caress you, Erik. You may use a K instead of a C and add an extra S to your last name, but that doesn’t mean the Blues won’t smash you like a piece of dough in a pizza shop. I like the way the Blues crawled inside the head of these Sharks, even in defeat.

One more thing: Well done, Robert Bortuzzo. You may do things out there on occasion that make me question your career choice and my sanity, but when you drop the gloves and pound a Shark into submission after a lost game, I applaud your wildness. Keep doing that next game, Big Bob. As Cap said to the Hulk, “smash!”

definitely a stable individual writing over at the Blues' sbnation site

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'm not a very knowledgeable hockey person but as a Sharks fan I hope the Blues continue to view "give up six goals then get in a fight with Barclay Goodrow" as the winning play

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Wrong thread

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dutchy posted:

I'm not a very knowledgeable hockey person but as a Sharks fan I hope the Blues continue to view "give up six goals then get in a fight with Barclay Goodrow" as the winning play

In 2002, Chris Pronger tried to cheapshot Steve Yzerman, Stevie saw him coming and moved, Pronger tore his ACL.

A winning tradition of playoff hockey in St. Louis.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did Dougie Hamilton bitch his way out of Boston or something or are Bruins fans chanting his name because he happens to be a guy who once played for them and is now on the other side?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pull up, Canes. Pull up.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
This looks bleak. Not feeling good right now.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did Dougie Hamilton bitch his way out of Boston or something or are Bruins fans chanting his name because he happens to be a guy who once played for them and is now on the other side?

The Bruins offered him a pretty good contract and he declined it and there were a bunch of rumblings about how he was never really happy here and also something about how his parents were basically pee wee hockey hover parents who kinda pissed the organization off by complaining they were misplaying him (but also Boston media about a player who left town so who really knows.) He's really young and talented and also on his 3rd team already so something seems off about that. It's also really fun to chant his name condescendingly.

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

Didn't really think he had that much of a reputation but I love the fans trying to get in a guy's head when he has already shown the willingness to take boneheaded penalties

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Out of every team we could have had winning the Cup this year, it's going to be the loving Bruins, isn't it?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Out of every team we could have had winning the Cup this year, it's going to be the loving Bruins, isn't it?

You got your feel good Cup win last year. Now it's back to evil.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
All hope is not lost, but if the canes lose game 3 they aren't coming back. This is chaos mode, not double mega super chaos mode. Reverse sweeps of the last 2 rounds will never happen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

He refused to sign a post-ELC contract offer, then signed with Calgary for less after the trade.

Then the Calgary media hatchet jobs were about how he's a dumb nerd who skips team events for museums.

To be fair if Dougie does like museums there's probably more in a prominent civil war state than Calgary. You can only learn about oil and rodeos so many times.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 13, 2019

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Ginette Reno posted:

The gently caress I did.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The C taunt was really the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I can't stop laughing at this:

https://twitter.com/Lemieux_48_/status/739168458127085569

...Elvis Merzlikins also liked my reply to that Tweet saying I was impressed with his hit in the Worlds game until I saw ^that^, so he's cool, piss off, Bob.

Ginette Reno posted:

Boomer The Cannon posted:

The gently caress I did.

Unless "you" and "your" are generic terms, Boomer is a Leafs and CBJ fan, so he didn't get anything out of last year.