Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Last time on Agents of Shield:

https://i.imgur.com/dLonZzB.gifv

And now you're up to speed.

Well maybe not so here's a trailer to watch if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKssByuVt0

This show airs on Fridays at 8 PM EST.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

But did ABC kill the teleporting dog?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUKEN

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

New season plot looks pretty sweet.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Regy Rusty posted:

Last time on Agents of Shield:

https://i.imgur.com/dLonZzB.gifv

And now you're up to speed.

:perfect:

Better superhero fight than in most of the MCU movies

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still love how she quaked him so fuckin hard that it shattered the ground beneath her.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
6th!

<gifs to be inserted later>

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
This is still my favorite TV show and the one I get most excited about coming back on. Happy season premiere everyone!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love this show even if I think Cloak and Dagger is probably beating it in the season and a half that have aired since AoS was last on. Still excited, though.

Seriously, watch Cloak and Dagger.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Arist posted:

Cloak and Dagger is as heady as Legion, but isn't as obnoxious about it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Arist posted:

I love this show even if I think Cloak and Dagger is probably beating it in the season and a half that have aired since AoS was last on. Still excited, though.

Does Cloak and Dagger ever go beyond being standard teen drama? I dropped it halfway through season one, I tried the first episode of season two but it just seemed more of the same.
It’s the only Marvel show I haven’t watched in full, and it just doesn’t feel like the characters from the comic.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oasx posted:

Does Cloak and Dagger ever go beyond being standard teen drama? I dropped it halfway through season one, I tried the first episode of season two but it just seemed more of the same.
It’s the only Marvel show I haven’t watched in full, and it just doesn’t feel like the characters from the comic.

Cloak and Dagger gets weird, especially this season.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I'll watch Cloak and Dagger someday, but there needs to be a moratorium on new shows until I get caught up watching everything in my backlog. AoS and Bob's Burgers are the only things I watch weekly, they can continue.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

howe_sam posted:

Cloak and Dagger is as heady as Legion, but isn't as obnoxious about it.

That's like the perfect description. It's been real good this season. I don't know what the consensus is on Runaways but I found it pretty meh overall. It's a pretty unbearable amount of teen drama and I say this as someone who watches all the Arrowverse shows.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Oasx posted:

If you've watched that much and don't like it, it probably isn't for you. I wouldn't say the second season was a marked difference from the first. I do think it's very good, though; it's like an ABC-friendly Daredevil, with low stakes and focus on characters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This is the only weekly show I watch. Glad it's back, has already been renewed for a 7th season, and can't wait to watch it tonight!

The hype is real!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is Cloak and Dagger still constantly filled with sequences of extremely upvolumed music overlaid on the main two actors just snoopy dancing for 5 minutes at a stretch for no good reason?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Hell yeah, new season. Time to break out Gooncam and make more gifs.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Super excited for this show to return, they've already said they're not gonna even bother trying to deal with the dusting thing, right? I know they said they aren't dealing with what happens in Endgame since they had no loving idea what was gonna happen, but ignoring Infinity War would be the final final FINAL nail in the "same universe as MCU" coffin...

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I've read claims that the showrunners apparently have some convoluted explanation in mind already that makes it all fit together, but would rather that TV audience just sit back and enjoy the show for now instead of bothering trying to follow it.

I've not seen Endgame yet and have managed to go somewhat unspoiled so far, so no idea just how hard it would be to reconcile everything.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I got the sense from the little clip they released the other day that (spoilering for a very mild reference to Endgame) some time has passed and they’ve been looking for Fitz for a while, that could explain the 5 year gap and let them not worry about the events of the movie.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

gey muckle mowser posted:

I got the sense from the little clip they released the other day that (spoilering for a very mild reference to Endgame) some time has passed and they’ve been looking for Fitz for a while, that could explain the 5 year gap and let them not worry about the events of the movie.
Nah. I heard from someone who saw the premiere that 1 year has passed since last season.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Ah ok, well we’ll see how they address it then, if at all.

Also I don’t think this has been shared here yet, a clip from what I presume is the start of tonight’s episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYLflMsfl_g

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
hope the shorter orders for S6 and S7 help; S4 was great but S5 was a big step down in quality

GLOSS posted:

Super excited for this show to return, they've already said they're not gonna even bother trying to deal with the dusting thing, right? I know they said they aren't dealing with what happens in Endgame since they had no loving idea what was gonna happen, but ignoring Infinity War would be the final final FINAL nail in the "same universe as MCU" coffin...

Yes, that's correct. I would guess that like many/most of us, myself included, the showrunners assumed (guessed? hoped?) that the snap would be undone by changing history and retroactively undoing Infinity War's ending, in which case the one-year time jump for S6 would have allowed them to nicely sidestep the whole "how do IW/Endgame fit into AoS" question. But that's not what Endgame ended up doing, and because AoS attempted to tie into Infinity War at the end of last season, the timeline for the show is now completely impossible to reconcile with the film MCU.

anyway, it's not all connected, doesn't really matter for AoS' own storylines, so just roll with it I guess

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
With them still filming season 7, seems like they could have convinced someone to let them film some new video or record some new audio to try and help smooth over any big bumps. Hopefully at some point they'll be able to spackle over the problems.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Barry Convex posted:

hope the shorter orders for S6 and S7 help; S4 was great but S5 was a big step down in quality

Yes, that's correct. I would guess that like many/most of us, myself included, the showrunners assumed (guessed? hoped?) that the snap would be undone by changing history and retroactively undoing Infinity War's ending, in which case the one-year time jump for S6 would have allowed them to nicely sidestep the whole "how do IW/Endgame fit into AoS" question. But that's not what Endgame ended up doing, and because AoS attempted to tie into Infinity War at the end of last season, the timeline for the show is now completely impossible to reconcile with the film MCU.

anyway, it's not all connected, doesn't really matter for AoS' own storylines, so just roll with it I guess

Nah! "In some areas of space, time passes differently" or "The ship travels so fast, time dilation" or "Whoops, time warp" or "some kinda multidimensional hooby-hoo"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Teek posted:

With them still filming season 7, seems like they could have convinced someone to let them film some new video or record some new audio to try and help smooth over any big bumps. Hopefully at some point they'll be able to spackle over the problems.

What problems? Marvel TV is not MCU. There is no "problem". Just enjoy the show for what it is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show will still fit in with the MCU I proclaim this to my dying breath

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

gently caress, tonight? Did this get literally zero advertising?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Also the show is at 8 PM EST, not 9 PM EST. So, uh, 2 minutes!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I assumed it was at 9 but I checked the guide to be sure and it's happening now! Glad I did that!

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Completely forgot this was coming back tonight. Thanks thread!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

well, this is already crazy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What!? I saw 9 and believed it, oops.

Guess I'll be watching it late tonight. I'll fix the OP

E: Should've rewatched the trailer I posted lol

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Whoops, I went by the OP and didn't bother to check any deeper :doh:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Whhhaaaaaaaat

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I missed the first 10 minutes too. What happened?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have no idea what's going on, but we at least have a fresh new supply of redshirts

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Whelp, catch y'all in 4 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
They just threw our asses directly into the deep end with pretty much little to no explanation what's going on, and I'm OK with it...