Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Weird, this morning Hulu said the episode wouldn't be available until the 18th. Glad that appears to have been a glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

GreenNight posted:

Do they shoot in Vancouver? Waiting for Roger Cross to show up.

I believe Roger Cross is contractually obligated to appear in all shows filming in Vancouver. Too bad AoS doesn't...

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'll be honest, though, I wasn't a huge fan of Daisy and Jemma going full jack bauer on some dude.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mymla posted:

I'll be honest, though, I wasn't a huge fan of Daisy and Jemma going full jack bauer on some dude.

Daisy was likely bluffing.

Simmons though will %100 do anything to get to Fitz

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Jemma's been pretty hardcore ever since she returned from that alien planet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why was that wall next to that basketball field anyway? It looked super out of place.

How else do you play wallie?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mymla posted:

Geneva convention doesn't count if you can't point in Geneva's direction.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

Geneva convention doesn't count if you can't point in Geneva's direction.

The Geneva Convention doesn't apply to anyone who gets inbetween Fitz and Simmons

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The Geneva Convention doesn't apply to anyone who gets inbetween Fitz and Simmons

I mean, neither of them signed it...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's the kinda weird alien weaponry I wanna see more of! Energy blasts, lightning EMP balls and lasers are all so done by everyone already.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 12, 2019

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I can't wait until Fitz with evil-Fitz issues and Simmons with Fitz-finding-bloodlust meet up and there's literally a mountain of bodies as they fight against the universes curse that constantly tries to separate them.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would have thought Hunter would pay cash money to be a Space Rogue.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
If the show ends with Fitz and Simmons as a cosmic supervillain duo, then it will have been a good show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Great episode and we're in for what looks to be a wild ride.

Gemma going full torture after a year of looking with no luck is a great contrast to how casually she mentioned finding Fitz at the end of season 5.

Clark Gregg looks like he packed on some muscle to play Sarge and I look forward to the face of Coulson just being a ruthless villain.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Special Activities Division Gemma is the best Gemma.

We've seen it a few times before, but that fringe means she is all business.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Great episode and we're in for what looks to be a wild ride.

Gemma going full torture after a year of looking with no luck is a great contrast to how casually she mentioned finding Fitz at the end of season 5.

Clark Gregg looks like he packed on some muscle to play Sarge and I look forward to the face of Coulson just being a ruthless villain.

Did you see Gregg in Captain Marvel? He looked jacked as hell. I wish I could age half as gracefully as him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bennet posted some stuff where they were working out together and he is indeed jacked as hell these days.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Is Deke coming back? I wonder.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, he was signed as a permanent cast member a couple months ago, and despite not being in the episode is in the credits.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

swickles posted:

Yes, he was signed as a permanent cast member a couple months ago, and despite not being in the episode is in the credits.

The most Deke way possible to be in the show.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I was a bit surprised he wasn't on the ship looking for granddad

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Fitz waking up to Deke might cause him to immediately die

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Fitz waking up to Deke might cause him to immediately die

But this version of Fitz has never met Deke, so we get to see him learn to hate him all over again, but this time with Jemma and Deke knowing he is his grandfather.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Azhais posted:

I was a bit surprised he wasn't on the ship looking for granddad
I have face blindness and thought one of the people incurring themselves into our world was a Deke and I was super disappointed that was how he'd be added back into the show, so I'm very glad to be wrong. I like Deke. Fitz is an rear end in a top hat WRT him.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He's in the trailer asking if Daisy's coming. :love:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

nashona posted:

He's in the trailer asking if Daisy's coming. :love:

Feh. She's not even breathing hard.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

swickles posted:

But this version of Fitz has never met Deke, so we get to see him learn to hate him all over again, but this time with Jemma and Deke knowing he is his grandfather.

Oh my god OH MY GOD THIS IS INCREDIBLE

Proteus Jones posted:

Feh. She's not even breathing hard.

:chast2b:

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I don't understand the time situation. Wasn't Fitz supposed to be in cryostasis for 75 years so he could wait for the rest of them and pop out in what's currently the present? So did that ship get split in half 70some years ago?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

cjg posted:

I don't understand the time situation. Wasn't Fitz supposed to be in cryostasis for 75 years so he could wait for the rest of them and pop out in what's currently the present? So did that ship get split in half 70some years ago?

No you boob, he went into deep freeze to save Post Framework Gemma in the future, which he did and then some. Came back in time and magically made two Fitz, married Han Solo Fitz died, leaving unmarried Frozen Fitz in space. To be saved by Enhanced Interrogation Gemma.

Questions?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

cjg posted:

He popped out in what's currently the future. In the future they wound up figuring out how to jump back to the present.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s time travel don’t think about it too hard. It’s basically magic for sci-fi.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

cjg posted:

It could have. We really didn't know what all shenanigans Future Fitz and Enoch got into during the span Fitz got frozen and showed up back at Earth. We know the freeze capsule came from the planet they mentioned, so theoretically in the future timeline, Fitz could have been frozen for a bit, been woken up with the ship was destroyed, got a second capsule and then frozen himself again to wait it out. Of course with the timeline saved, things will be different this time around.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s time travel don’t think about it too hard. It’s basically magic for sci-fi.

That's usually true, but it makes sense here.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

cjg posted:

It's not super complicated. Here, have a super high-quality chart of how it works out:

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I didnt really care for last season, but I'm intrigued so far with what's happening. I've also just given up any pretense if this show having connective tissue with the MCU anymore.

That said, the new scientist (Benson?) was a little annoying with the exposition.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Teek posted:

It could have. We really didn't know what all shenanigans Future Fitz and Enoch got into during the span Fitz got frozen and showed up back at Earth. We know the freeze capsule came from the planet they mentioned, so theoretically in the future timeline, Fitz could have been frozen for a bit, been woken up with the ship was destroyed, got a second capsule and then frozen himself again to wait it out. Of course with the timeline saved, things will be different this time around.

Theoretically speaking jemma and Daisy’s search could’ve set off a chain reaction that caused the Federation or whatever to be in the right place at the wrong time and blast the hell out of Enoch’s ship. Enoch would’ve known about that change, as he is a sentient Chronocon, and adjusted his plans accordingly.

The actual answer, as always, is who cares. As long as it doesn’t open up plot holes big enough for the General’s war rig like Endgame did, it’s all good.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope the upped the budget again cause the first episode looked good. Last season was good but there was definitely a lot of military base/space station hallways.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

No you boob, he went into deep freeze to save Post Framework Gemma in the future, which he did and then some. Came back in time and magically made two Fitz, married Han Solo Fitz died, leaving unmarried Frozen Fitz in space. To be saved by Enhanced Interrogation Gemma.

Questions?

lol Enhanced Interrogation Gemma

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

lol Enhanced Interrogation Gemma

Its definitely reminiscent of Spider-Man's Intant Kill mode that shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am super invested in Space SHIELD, but the earth stuff is, eh?