Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«57 »
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

muscles like this! posted:

I guess my question is who was paying for Mack to sit around, drink beers and put together a shitload of model cars?

Since its an 80s themed episode, I am guessing he bet on various sports like in Back to the Future 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

We need a gif of that "You son of a bitch" moment between Mack and Deke. Stat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

My only, only complaint is that they dropped the Deke being debriefed by May framing device about halfway through the episode. Things like Mack's awful fake beard would've made a lot more sense if it had been more explicitly Deke's version of events.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

howe_sam posted:

My only, only complaint is that they dropped the Deke being debriefed by May framing device about halfway through the episode. Things like Mack's awful fake beard would've made a lot more sense if it had been more explicitly Deke's version of events.

Yeah that was odd, I can only assume more got cut for time. In the end the debriefing scenes we had didn't really add anything or go anywhere.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

I saw them as a in-universe justification for most of the episode being more over-the-top than the show usually is; Deke is retelling events with a little embellishment. It does kind of get undermined by the main story progressing directly into the next story without a cut to the end of the debriefing though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

muscles like this! posted:

I guess my question is who was paying for Mack to sit around, drink beers and put together a shitload of model cars?

Deke probably paid off his credit cards or something

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

What's a war hero got to do to get some lubrication around here?

Wasn't Mack in his parents house?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Slashrat posted:

I saw them as a in-universe justification for most of the episode being more over-the-top than the show usually is; Deke is retelling events with a little embellishment. It does kind of get undermined by the main story progressing directly into the next story without a cut to the end of the debriefing though.

But they did the "You wouldn't believe me if I told you" line. They're both time traveling super spies. The unbelievable thing is that he started a cover band? (since he hadn't gotten to the part of the story where he was training them)

Also the lady's nametag said "R. Glass". Ron Glass shout out?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

When Mack held his hand out I started marking the gently caress out because I knew what was coming and my wife was wondering what the hell was going on

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

ApeHawk posted:

https://i.imgur.com/h5UM5M2.mp4

edit: was a little weird on the first one

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 11, 2020

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Rexxed posted:

https://i.imgur.com/h5UM5M2.mp4

edit: was a little weird on the first one

thank you for this!

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Pretty ridiculous episode, but I liked it. Defintely got strong "it's the last season, what are ya gonna do? Cancel us?" -vibes.

Mack's fake beard was totally insane.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ham Wrangler

Someone please explain the thread title to me, I didn't really get the joke/reference the first time.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

The most unbelievable thing to me is that a former Silicon Valley guru didnít know what cocaine was.

WSAENOTSOCK
Apr 13, 2002

Sirotan posted:

Someone please explain the thread title to me, I didn't really get the joke/reference the first time.
I'd appreciate this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Personally I just thought it was a funny line.

«57 »