Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahahaha, they actually wanted to do the "Sousa was a cop in 2012 NYC" idea but couldn't fit it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/arrowhofshield/status/1293750784920707073

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

That was a very satisfying finale. Sad to see the show go, but given how it narrowly avoided death for so many years I'm overjoyed that it got to end on its own terms.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'll miss it

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I'm sad to see it go, but as many times as it was on the cancellation bubble 7 seasons is way more than I ever thought we'd get. It wasn't always the "best" show but it was always one of my favorites.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat fantastic ending. Everyone ended up Happy, even Deke!

Part of me kinda hoped Daisy and Sousa would be on the ship from the end of Homecoming with the Skrulls, but that was a real long shot.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm glad I got to watch and discuss this show with you all.

Way to send it off, too. Cheers.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gentlemen, it has been an honor and a privilege watching with you.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That does not seem like a safe place to enter VR Mack

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So, I got FitzSimmons baby, the Lola keys, and I'm going to give myself 50% on SWORD with Zephyr 3.

I am sad that we didn't get at least a Fury cameo (either with Zephyr 3 or letting himself into Lola). I am also a little sad that Garrett died when he seemed to be coming around (but it was awesome to see Hand again!)

On the whole though? I was really drat happy with the finale and found the tie back into the MCU good enough (because, lets face it, none of these things stand up after sustained nerd scrutiny). I hope we'll see some of them in future productions - Daisy is best set up but Yoyo, Coulson, and Mack are all possibilities. And at the end there Mack fulled off a decent Fury look on that helicarrier.

Also, the Coulson Academy? Not bad for a living/dead/robo-undead guy.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Also, wait... what was the EXACT wording of the Chronocoms after the Empathy-Blast?

Did they straight up upload Enoch into them all?

Also DavisBOT was funny and good to see. I am also super glad they remembered Flint and Piper (even if the crew didn't?)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Was that guy standing next to Hand who identified himself supposed to be anyone we knew?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

RIP SHIELD. Better run than anyone could possibly have expected tbh. Time for the adventures of director Deke and recruited by the correct person Ward

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Director Shaw and The Deke Squad is a What If I'd read.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Erev posted:

Director Shaw and The Deke Squad is a What If I'd read.

Make it an episode of Marvel's upcoming What If series, and have Deke recruit Captain America, who's in the 80s living his life out with Peggy in that timeline post-Endgame. No, it wouldn't make sense but who cares

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

What if Ward played drums!!!! Now we're cooking with gas

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Argue posted:

Was that guy standing next to Hand who identified himself supposed to be anyone we knew?

If it's who I'm thinking of, I thought it was supposed to be a younger Sitwell.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Does the episode have a post credits scene? No spoilers I can’t watch it for a few more hours

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Nothing after the goodbyes. Most everyone gets one.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Zebulon posted:

If it's who I'm thinking of, I thought it was supposed to be a younger Sitwell.

He identified himself as Brandon Gamble, but Google doesn't say anything about that name. I'd assume it was just some guy but the way it was shot made it look like it was a big reveal, while Victoria Hand was just standing there like she was a lesser presence.

edit: hahaha they wanted to film a postcredits stinger in timeline-Deke where someone walks into his office, then he spins around in his chair and he's wearing an eyepatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeTuiz0IVtI

Argue fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Aug 13, 2020

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

How did Fitz and Simmons have a blond baby

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

ashpanash posted:

How did Fitz and Simmons have a blond baby

Punnett Square it - it is only a 1 in 4 drop given the right genes. And, on a practical level 'alright, who among the crew has a cute kid'?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It was actually Enoch's baby

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Erev posted:

Also, wait... what was the EXACT wording of the Chronocoms after the Empathy-Blast?

Did they straight up upload Enoch into them all?

"Friends. As we have always been."

It sounded very Enoch-like, but I think they would have made a bigger deal out of it if Enoch had literally been uploaded into them.

I read it as a nod to the empathy blast putting them on the same path that Enoch took - learning to value life, friendship, etc.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

teacup posted:

Does the episode have a post credits scene? No spoilers I can’t watch it for a few more hours

No end credits scene.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

jassa posted:

"Friends. As we have always been."

It sounded very Enoch-like, but I think they would have made a bigger deal out of it if Enoch had literally been uploaded into them.

I read it as a nod to the empathy blast putting them on the same path that Enoch took - learning to value life, friendship, etc.

Back last season didn't the Hunters reprogram all the peaceful observer archaeologist ones because they were the main folks who survived the destruction of the planet? I assumed it was undoing that.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Bruceski posted:

Back last season didn't the Hunters reprogram all the peaceful observer archaeologist ones because they were the main folks who survived the destruction of the planet? I assumed it was undoing that.

They may have also done that, but the main purpose was to program them with empathy. They made a whole deal of it. May stuck her hands in the console, and I guess Kora helped power or amplify the signal? Or just made it look pretty? That last part was a little unclear.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
This has been a wild ride. My only lingering disappointment is that they couldn't also work in an actual appearance by Ward, Hunter and Bobbi in the last season.

Also, lol at Piper wishing for DavisBot

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Sirotan posted:

Was about to be so mad, so mad, at this show if they killed Daisy. :bahgawd:
Oh totally. I was just like ‘Ohhhh gently caress this show!’

It’s a shame they didn’t get Souza to the Avengers battle.

It was great they wrapped this all up so well. Here’s hoping we see Daisy in some capacity in future.

What were everyone’s favourite arcs if you had to rate them?

I liked the Aida and Inhuman arcs.

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 13, 2020

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Andrew_1985 posted:

Seeing Daisy go from a hacker-in-a-van in the pilot to rear end-kicking superhero in the finale.

The surprise arc of Sousa going from WW2 veteran and mundane-but-reasonable government agent in the fifties to time-displaced space explorer in a wholly different show was also immensely satisfying, coming in second only because it hasn't had as much time to play out in.

(As for story arcs, the Aida/Framework arc is pretty hard to beat)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Aida and Ghost Rider here.

That season was insanely good

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Andrew_1985 posted:

Oh totally. I was just like ‘Ohhhh gently caress this show!’

It’s a shame they didn’t get Souza to the Avengers battle.

It was great they wrapped this all up so well. Here’s hoping we see Daisy in some capacity in future.

I still liked the Framework, though Daisy and Simmons' adventures in space is probably second.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

They should have time travelled to season 4 and saved Davis from Aida, then told him to never speak about what he learned. Then when they get back to their timeline, Piper and all the other SHIELD mooks are already fully caught up because Davis was spoiling season 7 to them offscreen all this time.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Ooh okay. Overall, season 4 was easily the best season of the show, but even after that it never hit a point where it got worse than the bland adventures of early season 1.

Agents of Nothing - Someone in the season 1 thread said they hadn't seen a show improve this much since the time they watched Dexter in reverse order, and I agree.
Framework - Classic evil universe story done well
LMDs - I thought the whole body snatchers thing was executed really well, and was really tense and kept me guessing.
Inhumans - I think this was the last arc that had personal significance to someone in the core crew (putting aside that Fitz and Simmons were emotionally invested in every arc because they kept getting separated). My opinion is probably inflated because it came at a time that we thought Inhumans was going to be a much bigger thing than it ended up being.
Agents of Tomorrow - Legends of Tomorrow
Graviton - Cool stuff in general, but I don't have any specific highlights other than all the timeline arguments being fun to explore.
Kasius - I generally liked it, but it felt like it went on too long. Season could have cut down on this and come up with a third pod.
Sarge and Izel - Fun mystery during most of the season, but somewhat unsatisfying conclusion
Hive - A lot of build up to someone who went out too easily and posed too little of a threat.
Ghost Rider - Not all that interesting, but saved by being just short enough. Plus it tied in to the later two arcs nicely.
Pre-Winter Solider - bland

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Mokinokaro posted:

Aida and Ghost Rider here.

That season was insanely good

:same:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

GLOSS posted:

Not sure if I'm upset or relieved that they didn't try to bother and confirm whether they're in the main MCU timeline or not...

They’re definitively not. They’d need a whole other season to deal with the fallout from the snap.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Andrew_1985 posted:

Firstly, great finale and series itself. One of the best I've seen concluded in many years now.

All of season 4's three arcs were fantastic. I loved the Shattered Earth future part of season 5. Both halves of season 2. Those're my favorite arcs from the show.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I really enjoyed the first season arc at the time because it was so connected to the MCU and we had never really seen film and TV share a canon that way since Star Trek. There was this sense of newness when the MCU was branching out everywhere. You had blockbuster movies, prime time network TV, and gritty premium TV properties all running simultaneously, all technically existing within the same continuity.

I really hope the next phase with the Disney+ series and new films can capture that magic again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Davisbot!

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Azhais posted:

It was actually Enoch's baby

Enoch has enough children - what with being a Koenig dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Thought the resolution of the threats was a little too convoluted, they had to rattle through a load of stuff that it felt kinda rushed, but also I don't care, because its basically a victory lap at this point, let them kick rear end.

I liked how they didn't focus on the separation of the team, and went more for how special reunions can be. Yeah, it can suck when your friends move away, but those moments when you get back in touch and see how their life has changed, those moments loving own. Probably the best show send-off since New Girl.