Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They have everyone’s parents!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Phylodox posted:

They have everyone’s parents!!!

I mean... this would be unfortunate for them, considering Daisy.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Good episode, I can't help but feel like they're going to need to go back BEFORE all of this to re-sort the timeline. So when Fitz comes to the rescue with the secret of time travel?

Man this show is so good. Even watching it from season 1 I'm loving it, cause I know all the awesome stuff that's coming down the pipe, and it's ALWAYS fun to spend time with Ward. This, imho, is by FAR the best all around Marvel TV show. As proof, I have no urge to watch any Netflix Marvel stuff ever again ... in series that only ran 13 episodes, they still managed to fill half of them with filler. Except maybe Jessica Jones season 1.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The team will drop Sousa off at 2012 in New York where he becomes a cop, thus fixing any and all continuity errors in casting.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Erev posted:

I mean... this would be unfortunate for them, considering Daisy.

The season finale will be undoing Zalbo's TAHITI by dropping off a single strip of paper that says "Skye."

Seconds later he comes crashing through the wall in full Hyde form.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So what are your predictions for some of then next episodes? And finale predictions? I feel we are gonna revisit Turn, Turn, Turn from S1. Maybe pick up a young Fitz.

As for a finale, perhaps an understated Yo-yo & Mack wedding. Daisy getting some sort of phone call or message to another Marvel property which will never eventuate.
Oh and Fitz and Simmons have been dead all along? The current Simmons is a robot.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
At this point I could see them revisiting the alternate Battle for New York from endgame, just to work the Cop Sousa footage in somehow and then have some fun with it all (LMD Coulson taking the place of the real one in getting speared by Loki, perhaps?).

It could also explain why the snap never happened; The Thanos from their reality is the one who traveled back to the main MCU reality and got dusted there.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 27, 2020

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, uh, I was looking at the synopsis for the next episode, and I stumbled upon the title of the episode after that, and I can't WAIT for this one:

The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and the D

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ApeHawk posted:

So, uh, I was looking at the synopsis for the next episode, and I stumbled upon the title of the episode after that, and I can't WAIT for this one:

Wyld horses couldn't keep me from checking that one out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
i am not aware of that reference, or what it signifies.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

cant cook creole bream posted:

i am not aware of that reference, or what it signifies.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ApeHawk posted:

oh please let there be So-crates :pray:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm guess they'll eventually get up to the current, or near current time, but by then things will be so hosed up it'll be totally different, maybe something like the framework?

I thought for a minute at the end there that Yo-Yo was going to speed out of the ship with her powers, then have it jump, at which point she'd have to return to where she was standing before which would cause her to ???

Also, I was pissed that they needed to destroy a rocket and did all these shenanigans on the ground when they're in a flying stealth missile boat. Just blow it up! Who cares if you give away your position. Go into the upper atmosphere, fire a missile from 100 miles away, and then move afterwards.

Also also, I think someone is going to be left behind during one of the jumps. Someone who is not a 30,000 year old cronicon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I mean them giving themselves away is going to be immediately followed up next episodes. The chronicles were waiting for them to do just that and I don't think they're gonna be able to get away as easily as you seem to think.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought for a minute at the end there that Yo-Yo was going to speed out of the ship with her powers, then have it jump, at which point she'd have to return to where she was standing before which would cause her to ???

I also thought that this might have happened. Maybe she sort of duplicated herself this way and the version which stayed in that time is going to show up and safe someone.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm expecting them to somehow save Coulson from dying in the first Avengers movie, thus preventing him from going through TAHITI and preventing this group from forming.

It could pretty easily be done, just divert a younger Coulson elsewhere so he isn't on that ship or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CornHolio posted:

I'm expecting them to somehow save Coulson from dying in the first Avengers movie, thus preventing him from going through TAHITI and preventing this group from forming.

It could pretty easily be done, just divert a younger Coulson elsewhere so he isn't on that ship or something.

"To protect the timeline we have to kill me."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Or just have LMD Coulson replace OG Coulson on the Helicarrier and have OG Coulson go back to the future with the rest of them.

Added bonus of LMD Coulson gets to prank Fury at the autopsy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I also thought that this might have happened. Maybe she sort of duplicated herself this way and the version which stayed in that time is going to show up and safe someone.

She is a Jemmacron, from the planet Simmonscrom IV.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Since there wasn't any fallout for her during the EMP she probably isn't an LMD but they probably did something to her mind to block/remove her memories to keep from losing secrets if the Chronicoms kidnapped someone again. Enoch seemed to know exactly what was happening when Jemma mentioned that she was having trouble remembering things so it probably has to be periodically reset/updated so she doesn't forget things she's supposed to remember.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I wonder if the EMP is what's causing the implant to stop functioning though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm wondering if Souza and Daisy are being set up as a potential end of series romance. Sort of an apology to all the Agent Carter fans who are pissed with Endgame

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Medullah posted:

I'm wondering if Souza and Daisy are being set up as a potential end of series romance. Sort of an apology to all the Agent Carter fans who are pissed with Endgame

Oooh, I hope not. That would be terrible. I like their interactions as they are now: platonic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daisy also seems to be someone that could easily be moved to the films. Disney seems to really like Chloe Bennet and she's voicing Quake in a lot of their cartoons and things. So I don't think they're really concerned about giving her a love interest to wrap up the series.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

Oooh, I hope not. That would be terrible. I like their interactions as they are now: platonic.

I'm not reading their relationship that way. Pretending to be a couple is TV romance 101.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Bruceski posted:

"To protect the timeline we have to kill me."

I mean, it is a repeat of a major part of Endgame, but yeah that'd be pretty compelling if they're confronted with a chance to change the timeline by time-hopping to around when Avengers happened, and instead they just need to let him die. It loses some drama because they aren't letting his permanent death happen, but it'd be interesting to see them have to choose not to warn Coulson about poo poo that's going to happen. Could be a fun thing if OG Coulson stumbles on LMD coulson, it's hard to make that scene not be entertaining.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Suppose they let real Coulson die in the Avengers, and TAHITI is just the LMD Coulson taking his place, so it's been LMD Coulson all along, living a loop.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It's gonna be something like, it turns out they're the ones who found his body after Loki (whom they just missed! By a matter of seconds!) offed him, and they're the ones who take OG Coulson to TAHITI.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm guess they'll eventually get up to the current, or near current time, but by then things will be so hosed up it'll be totally different, maybe something like the framework?

“We’re in 2018! Mobile reception, how I’ve missed you!”

“How’s the timeline looking? Fingers crossed for ripples and not waves.”

“Everything seems to be on track. Thanos is currently landing on Wakanda for the Infinity Stones as we speak.”

“Thanos? Infinity Stones? I assume this is something we need to stop from happening.”

“Don’t worry about it, the Avengers defeat him on their first try”.

*Everyone turns to dust*

FIN

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Codependent Poster posted:

Daisy also seems to be someone that could easily be moved to the films. Disney seems to really like Chloe Bennet and she's voicing Quake in a lot of their cartoons and things. So I don't think they're really concerned about giving her a love interest to wrap up the series.

On the other hand, it would be pretty funny if the show ended with them together, and then they brought just her into the movies and killed another of his relationships off-screen.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The snap or whatever affecting the cast would have killed this show.

There's a potentially good story about the cast dealing with the aftermath - which would have been apocalyptic -- but the idea of wiping out half the cast because of something that happened on another show -- the MCU is basically its own TV series at this point -- is terrible. It undermines the show's ability to be its own beast, and is dramatically unsatisfying.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

The snap or whatever affecting the cast would have killed this show.

There's a potentially good story about the cast dealing with the aftermath - which would have been apocalyptic -- but the idea of wiping out half the cast because of something that happened on another show -- the MCU is basically its own TV series at this point -- is terrible. It undermines the show's ability to be its own beast, and is dramatically unsatisfying.

The problem is Thanos would have to snap both Fitz and Simmons. If he left either alive, the other one would have figured out a way to beat him before the Avengers. If there's one thing this series has shown, it's that Fitz and Simmons can't be stopped when the other needs them.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

The problem is Thanos would have to snap both Fitz and Simmons. If he left either alive, the other one would have figured out a way to beat him before the Avengers. If there's one thing this series has shown, it's that Fitz and Simmons can't be stopped when the other needs them.

I can't think of anything to add.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Well I mean we have totally lost a Fitz before, so....they aren't exactly batting a thousand.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Mulva posted:

Well I mean we have totally lost a Fitz before, so....they aren't exactly batting a thousand.

Yeah, but she had a backup Fitz in deep space. Who, to get to, she (a) boostrapped human FTL capabilities and (b) made the timeline further incomprehensible. I'm convinced that, late in this season, one of them will be put in a position where they can get the other back and be together, but it will require genociding all Chronicoms everywhere (who are basically a refugee species) and losing their vast store of knowledge, and they won't hesitate for even a beat.

Their romance is terrifying, because the show and the performers have completely convinced me that there is absolutely no atrocity they would not commit, no law of nature they would not violate, and no obstacle they would not overcome for their love. Simmons playing Russian Roulette with drain cleaner was a high point of the show.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

She's half-chinese and she's young. That's money in the bank for years to come.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Test Pattern posted:

Yeah, but she had a backup Fitz in deep space. Who, to get to, she (a) boostrapped human FTL capabilities and (b) made the timeline further incomprehensible. I'm convinced that, late in this season, one of them will be put in a position where they can get the other back and be together, but it will require genociding all Chronicoms everywhere (who are basically a refugee species) and losing their vast store of knowledge, and they won't hesitate for even a beat.

Their romance is terrifying, because the show and the performers have completely convinced me that there is absolutely no atrocity they would not commit, no law of nature they would not violate, and no obstacle they would not overcome for their love. Simmons playing Russian Roulette with drain cleaner was a high point of the show.

By the end of this season either Fitz or Simmons will become the Beyonder, mark my words.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Aleph Null posted:

She's half-chinese and she's young. That's money in the bank for years to come.

And she had name recognition in China even before Agents Of SHIELD...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Quake could replace Spider- Woman as Carols bff in Captain Marvel 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Quake could replace Spider- Woman as Carols bff in Captain Marvel 2.

God don't tease me. I just read on the Captain Marvel wiki that they used AOS set for the Quinjet scene.