Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
With them still filming season 7, seems like they could have convinced someone to let them film some new video or record some new audio to try and help smooth over any big bumps. Hopefully at some point they'll be able to spackle over the problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/10/agents-of-shield-season-6-premiere-showrunners-interview/

lol. That makes no loving sense. One year later but still pre-snap? Unless they're now retconning the "You see that stuff in New York?" to be about Spider-Man: Homecoming or something.

The continuity is a mess and the MCU TV series are holding on by a thread, but it would be nice if they can somehow still pull something together. Especially if the Sarge threat represents some multiverse related shenanigans by some stroke of luck.

And can I petition that this thread have open Endgame spoilers? It's been two weeks, if you're watching this show and still haven't seen Endgame, I don't know what to tell you.

Teek fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 11, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

What problems? Marvel TV is not MCU. There is no "problem". Just enjoy the show for what it is.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Endgame has nothing to do with this show so no need for spoilers.

:effort: I do enjoy the show for what it is. Until the showrunners drop the pretense of it being connected together, I'll hope that they'll find a way to make it work. If they can't, that's a shame, but I'll roll with it and hope they can use these next two seasons to wrap things up and tie up their remaining loose ends.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It made me just think if there was a time when both Haven and Twelve Monkeys was on the air at the same time. I'm thinking there was? Something of a Syfy reunion.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

cjg posted:

I don't understand the time situation. Wasn't Fitz supposed to be in cryostasis for 75 years so he could wait for the rest of them and pop out in what's currently the present? So did that ship get split in half 70some years ago?

It could have. We really didn't know what all shenanigans Future Fitz and Enoch got into during the span Fitz got frozen and showed up back at Earth. We know the freeze capsule came from the planet they mentioned, so theoretically in the future timeline, Fitz could have been frozen for a bit, been woken up with the ship was destroyed, got a second capsule and then frozen himself again to wait it out. Of course with the timeline saved, things will be different this time around.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Wonder if the “monster” leader being alluded to could be tied into Ghost Rider or hell in some way. OG Phil dies in Tahiti due to the bargain and he’s selected by the Rider’s demon boss/lord as a result (Zarathos?). This demon resurrects his body as a warrior in his army to combat the evil intentions of the Shrike and their leader (another hell lord?)

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I'm guessing that whatever demonic entity is behind Ghost Rider took Coulson's body when he died and revived him to be a solider in his army against the shrike and Izel. She seems demonic adjacent and could possibly be an enemy for that entity. Though Ghost Rider seems to not kill bad people, and Sarge doesn't seem to have any thing against killing anyone.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hey man, Jarvis showed up. He's the lone shining hope for it to happen again, so it's not completely 0%.

Of course, I think they only brought James D'arcy back because the Peggy Carter writers were the ones also doing Endgame.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Liked the finale, even if they just seem to be filling their Clark Gregg quota. At least a Coulson LMD gets them closer to possibly having a better “in” to bring him back to the movie side if Feige ever plans to go that direction with Fury and company.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Bunch of overly-analytical writing/continuity/timeline poo poo to follow:

Wonder about the timing of everything. Seems they were about halfway done filming the seventh season when Endgame came out. I'm not in the camp that says they had any lead time about plot developments until they actually saw the movie. So I wonder how they'll adjust to account for some of the things that happened. Do they set those Peggy scenes between the end of the Peggy Carter series and the Cap reunion (for that timeline at least)? Or some other period and leave it ambiguous? i.e. Meet Peggy in the 70s and she alludes to her husband back home somehow being Steve. (Though again, Shield being able to visit that reality still doesn't make much sense with the stated MCU time travel rules, which even the Endgame writers/directors don't agree on).

This is me assuming that Shield is going with an approach that they *will* be affecting the timeline and not creating a new timeline, in so far as they really have no other reason to be time traveling unless it's to adjust time in some way. From the ulterior Living Tribunal/writer aim of essentially altering time enough to pull the series back into mainstream Endgame continuity now that they see the series was in no way connected to the movie MCU any longer.

I guess they could be doing some type of angle where they're going to points in time to stop Chronicom incursions and put things back on track. Though I wonder if we're to assume the alternate timelines created by that get subsumed back into the main reality if they don't change things much. Though to me that creates alternate timelines still, regardless of what the Ancient One said.

Ultimately my guess is they originally planned this plot as a fun "final season jump around to important Shield events as a retrospective" thing. But with Endgame out, they hopefully be able to also use it to adjust events and make some attempt at making the series line up with the MCU again before they wrap everything up.

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 8, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The final season of AoS is in the can, how many of the D+ shows have even started shooting yet?

Looks like Falcon and Winter Soldier starts production in late October.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Helstrom cast announced: https://deadline.com/2019/10/helstrom-cast-marvel-series-elizabeth-marvel-tom-austen-sydney-lemmon-hulu-1202755045/

So Marvel TV is continuing in the live action realm, even if they stopped proceeding with Ghost Rider.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, that’s what’s keeping Last Jedi and Solo off of there. I bet a lot of Fox stuff is also tied up in those deals for a little bit longer too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

WandaVision filming spoilers. Probably nothing related, but could be a hint of things to come:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7t2FTHgtiA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Slashrat posted:

All I'm seeing is a bunch of film crew vehicles and tents.

Specifically the logo on the trucks appears to be S.W.O.R.D.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Slashrat posted:

The greatest thing would be if they somehow showed the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 of Agent Carter as being the work of the time-traveling Chromicons and made this season work as the final season of Agent Carter too.

This would be a great loose end to be able to tie up.

The question would be, the show was really leaning into his character becoming Peggy's husband. With the way Endgame changed things, I wonder how that will work out. This might be an issue, because I think (?) they were halfway through filming this season when Endgame was released (yes, that long ago) and I don't think they had any real heads up about the time shenanigans which would end up happening. So if he's early in the season, that might be weird.

Of course, ultimately I think the Steve/Peggy stuff is meant to be an alternate timeline, with Steve jumping back to the original timeline as old Steve, even if the directors/writers had differing opinions on if he went to an alternate or somehow went to the original timeline. Either way, with this season dealing explicitly with time travel, it seems like they have ample opportunities to repivot their time travel rules/plot later in the season as needed to accommodate Endgame.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Wow, pretty surprised about Sousa coming out of that. I think they said through episode 8 or 9 had been filmed by the time Endgame came out, and they apparently really had no heads up about what was going to happen, so I was really wondering how they would address the Sousa/Carter relationship when I heard he was back, since Agent Carter seemed to really lean into that becoming the thing.

We know with Endgame, that pretty much realigned at least some version of Peggy's eventual relationship.

Sousa still pining for her in 1955 really ties into Endgame amazingly well.

Either that in the original (if you can call it that) MCU timeline, Sousa and Peggy really never did get together, or that this is somehow that Steve goes back in time timeline, and is currently married in secret to Peggy. (This also being the original timeline as well being a point of contention between the Endgame writers and directors)

More than likely, they were just going with Sousa and her not getting together, but either way, they seemed to have plotted this well.

Edit: Also have to appreciate them doing that classic "character returns in a different series to wrap up plotlines from their original series" dialogue with them mentioning Sousa eventually helped take down the Carter season 2 villains who were still ongoing when the show was cancelled.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 11, 2020

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well, okay, just saw a cast announcement vid on Marvel Entertainment’s YouTube from like five days ago...

https://youtu.be/ERUvCXVuCs4

That’s awesome! Guess this was being done to help flesh out the cast with Iain being largely out. It looks like he’s here to stay. Would they have the balls to really link his Avengers cop cameo too?

Just as long as the middle section of this deleted scene isn’t canon. lol

https://youtu.be/OhV6QZfbcs0

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

He apparently had other filming commitments he picked up while the show's renewal future seemed grim. He'll be back in a recurring role later.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hmm, the show was making us think that Fitz is just elsewhere, but maybe the show pivoted and made him snapped away? And the thing in Jemma's neck is blocking her from remembering that to keep her focused? So she's operating under the notion he's just "elsewhere", when in actuality he was killed by Thanos. So within her time frame, the Daisy, May, etc. were from 2018/2019 or so, but she was from 2022ish, not to long before everyone was eventually brought back (So she's still her, and she was away "longer than they think" i.e. 4-5 years). So the team finally arrives back in the "present" of 2022/2023 and they see what befell reality. Then everyone returns thanks to Tony? I dunno. Probably playing too much into Endgame, but I think it was around now in the show's filming when the movie was released. That would have allowed them to tie in, and possibly rework what was going on with Fitz being off screen.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

No, the snap almost definitely didn’t happen in this show. Things pretty decisively diverged from the Avengers timeline at the end of season 5.

Well that's the thing, yes the snap should have already happened right after season 5. They're obviously playing around with the timeline and it gives an out to explain that away finally. (it was originally because they were doing their own thing and didn't know what the movies were doing). So in the "original" AOS timeline we saw through season 6 which we jumped away from, say Thanos snapped later than what he did in the main MCU timeline. Like sometime after the events of season six that most of the cast was pulled out of time for except for Jemma and Fitz who experienced a snap. But everything else is more or less the same. When most of this timeline stuff is resolved, AOS could finally reach what we know as the main MCU timeline. They'll return to a snap reality that matches the timeline for the main MCU.

Of course using some of the movie/show time travel rules a drastic change in timeline like that should result in them possibly having duplicates of themselves already existing. That could be hand waved away or they could say the MCU timeline of themselves were killed by Hydra or something.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Killer robot posted:

It really played well to his natural talent for sounding intrigued too.

It's a pretty fun tie in to his appearance when he popped up to give different reasons for locking down the Lighthouse. Which Coulson was a little too trigger happy on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ltDZypMfC8

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Dare we dream?

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nick-fury-series-samuel-l-jackson-disney-plus-1234782313/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The YouTube reactor crew at Blind Wave were really set on getting some items, including the shotgun axe. Wonder if they did it. They have quite a lot of support on Patreon, so they may have money to spend.