Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Do they shoot in Vancouver? Waiting for Roger Cross to show up.

No, but they've been pulling from a lot of Canadian acting pools these last two seasons. Not sure why.

I mean, it might just be actors travelling there, or a change at casting or something. *shrugs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Really feeling the season is going full Convergence especially considering the show runners have been adopting some of Hickman’s stories since the beginning.

Kinda feels like there are two plots this season. There's the Convergence plot, which I figure will be resolved by the end of these 13 episodes, and there's the Confederacy plot with Kasius Sr., which I figured they'd just straight drop, but apparently not.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tunklord Supreme posted:

this felt like an episode of farscape and i loved every second of it

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. The Fitz subplot last episode was pretty Farscape too.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

Wow. I love me some AoS, even with their cheap industrial hallway sets repeated ad naseum, but that was one of the single best episode in a long while. Very Farscape.

How many episodes is this season? And have they said how many pods they are splitting it into?

It's a shame they couldn't be more integrated with the movies and Infinity War screwed them.

Two 13 episode seasons, filmed at the same time. I imagine they're the two separate pods they're doing.

Though I do remember reading something about each season being split with a halfway pivot point. But I dunno. I could see them running through the Sarge plotline this season, and running the Confederacy plot into the next.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
"my little British friend was missing..."

Chloe Bennet does a fun Johnny Depp impression.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That was so loving gross. I love it.

Also Butterfly girl is great. Loved her in 12 Monkeys and The Almighty Johnsons too.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Azhais posted:

Well, he needs her. Shield captured the two competent members of his team. As amusing as the killer kiwi is have we seen anything of her skillset other than a willingness to cut herself and the ability to get beat up by May?

You get the sense that Jaco's the only in Sarge actually respects. He's got a bit of a father/daughter thing going on with Snowflake, but he's already lining up a replacement for the other guy (which is a shame, as he seems the most reasonable).

Snow follows most orders and she lacks scruples, so she's good enough for now. It's the best of a bad situation.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

He's been hunting the shrike across the galaxy (including the Chronicom homeworld) but not alternate Earths? So where did all his human associates come from?

Jaco's explicitly an alien. He comes from a solvent with a different atmosphere.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

When are they gonna' get to the fireworks factory?

Seriously, in an episode where a lot of stuff happened, it still feels like nothing happened and we're killing time.

It's part 1 of a two parter.

So next week.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, the blew them up last season shortly after returning to the present.

I wonder if they're gonna retcon the fourth one (AKA the very first one) that was destroyed in Season 3.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm trying to work out at what point this season they found out their run was being extended, and what they might have changed in order to accommodate a longer production cycle.

My guess is that this Snowbunny subplot was added in at the last moment since a) it comes from nowhere, hilariously so and b) it provides the show with an opportunity for characters/actors they like to hang around for longer.

I suspect the ongoing runner with the Chronocoms was added too, since that mostly seems to be about setting up next season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I quite like Izel. I don't think she's the showiest villain, on paper at least, but the actress is kind of awesome at being "completely reasonable" even when she's not remotely that. She genuinely thinks that she's being respectable by using the minimum possible force at all times, but has absolutely no compunctions about rapidly and immediately escalating her tactics at the slightest hint of opposition. Sure, she's murdered a bunch of people, but it's obviously their fault for getting in her way.

I think my friend put it best when she said that Izel's real superpower is gaslighting.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

teacup posted:

Has it been confirmed they are time hopping around? It is the majority of the season 1931 NYC?

Poster for this season has a variety of different era appropriate fashion.

Plus we've got to go back in time and see the origin of Nora Zehetner's character, who was channelling Raina so loving hard this ep.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Slashrat posted:

Yeah, they went into season 5 expecting it to be the last, and were then pleasantly surprised midway through production (iirc) to be renewed for not one, but two season. This time they are really ending the series though.

They didn't know until post-production on series 5 IIRC. It's why the fifth season finale is called "The End".

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm really keen to see if Daisy's gung ho attitude about changing history goes somewhere cool. Bonus points if she tries to interfere in the show's own history, with Ward.

Looking real cute in the yellow, though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, her panic was triggered by all the people running at her through the smoke. It's the same as the flashback she had of being dragged into that other dimension by hundreds of creatures.

Quick sidebar: why exactly are the Chronicom's trying to destroy SHIELD again? Something about a home planet, yeah?

And where did this time travel technology come from?

I've completely lost the plot on what's going on here, hate to say it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
We're definitely getting episodes set during Season 1 or 2 right? I'd love a story about the Chronicom's attempting to interfere with Daisy's past, like one where they try to stop her from getting superpowers.

Or maybe we could get a Jaiying cameo, and a scene between her, Sousa and Whitehall for a mini Dollhouse reunion.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Those opening credits were amazing.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I wonder if the EMP is what's causing the implant to stop functioning though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

Oooh, I hope not. That would be terrible. I like their interactions as they are now: platonic.

I'm not reading their relationship that way. Pretending to be a couple is TV romance 101.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The snap or whatever affecting the cast would have killed this show.

There's a potentially good story about the cast dealing with the aftermath - which would have been apocalyptic -- but the idea of wiping out half the cast because of something that happened on another show -- the MCU is basically its own TV series at this point -- is terrible. It undermines the show's ability to be its own beast, and is dramatically unsatisfying.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Arist posted:

Anyway, now that I'm caught up, an underrated moment from last season was Deke getting with Snowflake, then Daisy suddenly realizing she's a murderer and having her locked up and we just never see Snowflake again.

I wonder if we won't see her again, given that her last scene was her bonding with Deke.

Actually, there's still Piper/Snowflake/Flint running around in the present day, and the actors are all friendly of the production crew (Snowflake they inherited from their time on Spartacus IIRC). I'm guessing we see at least a few of them before the show is done.

Edit: Oh hey, (very minor, not really relevant casting spoiler) Ada Wong's in next week's episode. Someone on staff really likes their videogames.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 3, 2020

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

swickles posted:

Yeah, and Flint got on the Zephyr at the end of last season, so where is he?!?!

I think we're 100% down for a flashback episode at some point, explaining what actually happened in those missing hours during the Season Six finale. Depending on Castedecker's availability.

(The rumour I've seen floating online says he'll be back for only two episodes though.)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pillowpants posted:

How many episodes are left?

Seven.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Olivia Williams was the star of Dollhouse. Easily the best regular in the cast.

Enver was pretty good though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Lockjaw is asleep because we can't afford the CGI budget for him this episode!

Followed by attack of the evil vet!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

They showed that repeatedly with the phlebotinum moment. Which was cute, because that's a term the Buffy writer's room used for a magical whatever device that served a plot purpose and since the Buffy writers spread out to all the other writing rooms, the term is pretty popular now.

::Shh::

Half this show's writers are Buffy / Angel writers, including the guy who wrote this ep.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Slashrat posted:

Jaiying might not be quite dead yet. She survived dissection after all.

She’d probably need a doctor though.

Daisy knows where to find a certain doctor Johnson

Didn't they imply he sacrificed people to her powers in order to resurrect her?

Can't see Daisy sacrificing people to her vampire mother.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Anthony Mackie was in Altered Carbon season 2, he's not too good to be on AoS.

There are a lot of actors from Season 1 in this season.

Dichen Lachman, Byron Mann, Tamara Taylor...

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'd like to think she'll be in more episodes, but most of this season's guess cast are on two episode contracts, so I suspect we're done with her.

Great voice though.

Oh wait, they implied she's queer, right? So maybe she could be Hand. But I don't know why she'd have a second name.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Izel and Sarge were okay independently - Izel had a sort of camp magnificence to her, but neither really had much psychological depth. Sarge was pretty good when he had his gang around though.

Sybil is just kinda OP tbh. Presumably why they're keeping her in their back pocket. She was pretty awesome in the 70's and 80's episodes though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Wait, am I the only one who loved the Kasius arc? I thought it was fantastic.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I liked what they did with him towards the end of the season, but there was no budget or real estate to give him much of a presence for the most part.

Part of me also suspects that he was meant to be Whitehall, and they couldn't get the actor back so they went with plan B.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GigaPeon posted:

She was the one who chopped Yo-Yo’s arms and her mom was a Hydra lady who wanted her to get Gravatonium, I think?

She was okay, a bit pinched and whiny, but I really like where they took her in her final episode. That was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Piell posted:

She had unexplained genetic engineering to be the best leader of HYDRA ever which apparently meant good at throwing chakrams. Then she got injected with gravitonium and had gravity powers for a bit

I think it was clear that she was an abortive experiment, not a successful one. Her mother's clearly in deep denial about it, but is so obsessed with proving herself to HYDRA that she can't really acknowledge it.