Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Does anyone else get the feeling that we are getting Doctor Gemma this season? Girl has a "full dark, no stars" kind of vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
My episode cut off just as "we will return in a moment" can anyone shed light on the bit I missed please?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Now I want Fitz to maim murder and hardscrabble his way back from the edges of deep space and declare his true love ... for Daisy. Everyone's reactions would be amazing

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Yeah it made no sense to have YoYo there considering her superpower. She should have been outside and ran in as soon as he swallowed.
I want a full on Man Mountain fight. Thank you to whoever said Snow was in Almighty Johnson, I was wracking my brain as she seemed familiar.

Also, Almighty Johnsons is on Prime. Go watch if you haven't already, it's hilarious.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Gaaah! My show 😭

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I just want to point out that most of season 5 was shield, in an unknown environment, basically screwing up over and over because they failed to adapt. Deke is a tech mogul now. Dude is smart, savvy if not strictly intelligent.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Wow, May went all in on that fight with Sarge didn't she! I was clapping and cheering at that point. Good idea to stage it in close quarters after her completely loving up the Shrike guy, though I think she could have at least taken an eye out to really sell it.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Enoch has a great voice. The actor really dances a fine line between automaton and person, he's great

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Overjoyed that there is an Evil Jemma, and Evil Fitz is her soulmate. Surprised they went Bloody Mary in their interpretation though it does make a nice contrast to Leopold.

Here for Mack n Turbo. I will never get tired of that wonderful bro- lationship.

Fun episode all round, lots of heart bruised moments and solid Hells Yeah!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I didn't catch any of that, that is awesome

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I liked Fitz Simmons when they were a nerdy pair of nerd friends who kind of unsettled everyone else. I liked them less when Fitz loved Simmons and was kind of a wierdo creeper about his unrequited feelings. Then urrrgh when Simmons loved Fitz back but to my delight they saved the whole thing by making them freaking awesome and very scary

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I love Enoch, he's part of the family now. It's funny how characters like Mack and YoYo weren't there at the beginning but now I can't imagine the show without them.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
If anything, Simmonds is the scarier genius because she is able to be so nice and normal. Fitz is, well, rather an arsehole tbh and arrogant with it so you start to expect Mad Science.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Urgh, everyone is just do loving stupid this week. Yes, Daisy, you especially. You were trained in hand to hand by the best, you were specifically hiding your power and you react to such a blatant attack? And you, geniuses, everything is weird on your ship and you just shrug it off? Jesus Christ on a bike.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Also Izel should be Aida in a wig. They brought Coulson back, why not her too? It would totally gently caress with Fitzsimmons too

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Darth Brooks posted:

Does it seem obvious to everyone else that the first thing they should do is blow up the tower? Then there's nothing for the truck to run into, and nothing to grow once the wig lady gets there.

Quake could quake it apart!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

bou posted:

Snowbunny! :3:

Deke and Snowflake are hilarious and I love them. Much better than his creepy Daisy creeping.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

If Davis is dead we riot.

Davis dying is legit more upsetting than Coulson carking it.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Ok, firstly gently caress everyone for killing Davis, that was drat unfair and unneeded. It wasn't even a heroes death. Also, gently caress everyone double for doing what Mack expressly said not to do (give Izel a powerful host).

However, deke being absolutely covered in hickies is just LOL so, maybe they are forgiven.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Don't like gemmas new hair, apart from that AWESOME

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

CornHolio posted:

She's the reason that remains my favorite season. Just watching her act is mesmerizing.

She was up against Ian de Caestecker (most talented regular) and John Hannah (hugely talented guest) and she effortlessly held her own. She should be a much bigger name than she is, considering she acts, sings and you know, looks the way she does.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Chloe Bennett IS very pretty but that shouldn't be the criteria for appearing in the movies. In actual acting talent she's mid tier in the TV series even.
I can see Fitz or Simmons appearing as generic science people, they'd fit right in with the technobabble.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Rewatching, on season 4 and on reflection I think Jemma Simmons is my new favourite character. Realistic, incremental development! Actual flaws and bad ideas! Makes mistakes and learns from them!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
They left Enoch behind, those bastards! Poor Enoch, he always get the lovely end of the stick. The actor is fantastic at hangdog expressions (fantastic in general really).

Fun episode, Daisy getting on my tits with her 'we must change things!' bullshit. Everyone's told her to stay in mission but she can't help being all emotional and poo poo.

May is weird rn. I think she actually died and a protector goddess from Izels world came back in her body.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

I hope every era they're in has a Koenig.

He's really fun isn't he

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I was listening/watching music in YouTube and it struck etgat Dalton looks similar to a young travolta.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I liked that May brought colour and normality back into Coulsons life. That was Avery cute beat.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

swickles posted:

Uh its gonna be a straight up disco.

I want Enoch going the full John Travolta, but hangdog.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Chokes McGee posted:

I have taken bold clothing.

:golfclap:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
For 30 thousand year old chronicom, Enoch is bitchy as gently caress about 40 years.
I love it! I love him. Never let them forget they left you behind Enoch. Make em suffer!

Also, Daniel sousa is an absolute gem. it is a crime he wasn't picked-up earlier so we could get more of his moments. The hi tech computer room, the small computer, his glee over cellphone pictures. Also really loved the Peggy hints.

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 2, 2020

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Argue posted:

Sousa is totally staying behind in '76 and having a kid who is a cop during the events of the Avengers film.

It's sad to lose him. But I do want to see him happy and in 70s threads. Kipper ties and skin tight trews please

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
poo poo the beeeeeed

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Bruceski posted:

Given Simmons saying he was in a place where it was easy to see the chronicons' movements I feel like we're going to cut to him crouched in the white empty prediction room trying to think invisible thoughts (and apparently it's working).

Fitz is Sybil?!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

This is how he can be left in the seventies, and not age when they meet up next. That man looks incredibly good for his age and him and Ming Na Wen need to donate their bodies to science 😂

Anyway. I kind of want Deke and Mack to find babies Mack and Mack and raise them right. Become the family they need.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Sirotan posted:

Just binged the whole season over the last two days and dang, why isn't Enver Gjokaj in everything? He's great. I am loving this season really don't want it to end. They're dropping so many references to poo poo I've almost forgotten about that I think I need to rewatch the entire thing, just can't decide if I start doing that now or wait until season 7 finishes.

Agreed about Enver. He can sing, dance and act as per AOS and Carter. He should be a lot more famous than he is.
See also Mallory Jansen

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I've seen bits of DollHouse but the main character's lack of, well, let's just say charisma, put me right off. Also the sexdoll stuff was just nooooo. I do remember Dichen was in it, she's good too.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
It's a shame, Dushku was a wild breath of fresh air in Buffy and Angel. She's really good in the right role.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I liked the slightly off lyrics and the 'daisy!' insert. Deke still carries a bit of a torch for Lady Deathquake.

Also Deke has so much heart. He's quite selfish and fairly unprincipled, which makes sense as a survivor, and makes for a rounded character.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Skye was the woooorst.
Daisy/Quake is marginally better but she's not a character that appeals to me sooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
May and Yoyo are great together. I'm glad the final season is exploring some new relationships - Mack and Deke, May and YoYo, Deke and Enoch- and having fun with it.

I like that Nathaniel is the big bad tbh. We had a season of Whitehall afterall, and Nathaniel is far more unstable and chaotic. A spoilt little rich brat with incredible power loving up everything....hmmmm topical.