Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Did some writer or someone on this show go to Ball State? This is the second time Muncie is shown in AOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'm so glad we're getting a good amount of May action this season. I know Ming Na Wen was limited last season due to an injury, but it was a sorely missed part of the show. It was so satisfying seeing her take down most of Sarge's team on her own.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Enoch stealing every scene he is in.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

stratofarius posted:

It's not like Brett Dalton is doing much these days.

He's gone from a Marvel property to...rom coms and Hallmark movies. Pretty hard fall.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

This is a pretty good season for the story, and even for non-main characters getting several lines. Deke's co-workers, Piper, Davis (pre-death), but man, I think the main characters come out of this looking like chumps:

Mack: He is 100% right about doubting Sarge and yet is outsmarted by him, and his team buys into Sarge's charm, every time. It is through pure luck that he didn't have to make the call with Yo-Yo, because he was about to not make it and let her get turned into a Shrike beacon.

Daisy: Her power levels and control of her powers are amazing, but she is clearly not ready to lead. She's overturned by Jemma. She doesn't make the Hard Call either, and she's either All Against Sarge for the middle 1/3rd of the season, or believes him in the final third. To an extent Coulson was also lucky but he always seemed to have a contingency in case he was wrong. Neither Daisy or Mack had them because they never thought they could be wrong.

May: It was great to see Ming Na Wen do some more physical scenes this season. May's character though took a bit of a beating with Sarge but I feel like it was within her character in trying to move past her hang ups.

Fitz/Jemma: I actually think the show did them pretty well because they were able to make the hard calls and got out of sticky situations. Still with a bit of luck, but at least they were able to make those calls compared to Daisy and Mack, who weren't able to.

Davis: Not a hero's death at all. God drat. Please let him come back in Season 7 for a bit. His family's been referenced a few times. Let's meet them.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Was the "Thomas" we saw in the 10th episode or whatever supposed to be Thomas Ward?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Did AOS make the cut for Plus?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

My guess is a whole lot of people are surprised it went beyond S1 when they peaced out after S1E03 years ago and are interested to see what happened.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

turd in my singlet posted:

am i gonna be able to keep up with the new season on Youtube TV? it has ABC but it's weird about what shows it will let you watch or record. i don't use it much so i don't really understand why it does poo poo, my parents subscribed so they could ditch the satellite but still watch cable news

You should be able to. It is based on what your local affiliate airs. I would check your local affiliate's air time and just record that. Instead of Internet ads, you'll be recording the over-the-air commercials which you should be able to just skip/fast forward through.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 14, 2020

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

If that is the end of Enoch and the Oswalts story, I think that's a nice little ending for them as a final scene. I wouldn't mind seeing Hartley, Hunter, Idaho, and Bobbi one more time.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

swickles posted:

Anyone have some theories on whats going on with May? I thought she was gonna end up being a hybrid LMD thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe she has some issues after the season 6 finale like Yoyo does, but no clue what exactly.

My guess is Gemma/Enoch put her through Tahiti.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hopefully these forums don't die before the end of the season.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Quake could replace Spider- Woman as Carols bff in Captain Marvel 2.

God don't tease me. I just read on the Captain Marvel wiki that they used AOS set for the Quinjet scene.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Agents of SHIELD didn’t start slow, it just started...conventionally. ABC hyped it up as a TV extension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and then what we got seemed a lot more like a bog standard TV procedural with occasional MCU flavouring. It wasn’t a bad show, it just wasn’t anything outstanding. And, in retrospect, that was entirely intentional. The show was deliberately lulling its audience into feeling like it was a typical TV show before subverting most of that in “Turn, Turn, Turn”. Unfortunately, their ruse worked a bit too well for some folks.

It almost makes me wonder if this show started on streaming like The Mandalorian if it would've been a more conventional hit. Of course streaming was a different world when this show started so who the gently caress even knows.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 15, 2020

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Goon Malick might be the best Malick.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sirotan posted:

Still can't believe they released the first two episodes to IMAX.

It was so odd. They filmed the whole thing in IMAX, showed the two episodes in IMAX but it looked like any other network show.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Arrinien posted:

With all the cameos and callbacks this season, I'm disappointed they couldn't find a way to work in a Brett Dalton appearance somewhere.

I like how Kora teased that. Knowing this team, if that was season 3 or 4, this team would have all been ready to gut Ward. But no ,they were like "no, it is okay. He is a good guy now... in another timeline"

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Behind the scenes on the music

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

swickles posted:

Oh man, I just read that Ivanov (the Russian dude who was head of the watchdogs that AIDA made into an LMD) was supposed to evolve into MODOK and now I want another season. Apparently Marvel said to not do a full MODOK story for reason.

His original head in the glass jar is still out there, isn't it?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Should've kept Malick as older (EDIT: I could've sworn we had an episode where he was much older and had a beard but maybe I got him mixed up with someone else? Or maybe that was Gideon?). I've kind of forgotten why he couldn't be his older, more mature self but maybe that would just seem more threatening rather than angsty teen Malick

Also just gonna share link this video about James Hong, who played May's father back in season 3 for one episode. Something I've appreciated about this show is just the stunning number of quality actors that have come on to do one time or a few episode long roles. It has really exposed me to a large number of actors and now I'm adding to my watch lists left and right, digging through so many filmography of stuff I now want to see.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 23, 2020

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

4/3/2 are all really good though

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

AOS fans tuning into Wandavision got a pretty big reference to season 4's major plot in the final episode. Won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. But it is a nice little shout out to the show that basically started the TV side of the MCU.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I hope Gabriel Luna gets another shot at being Ghost Rider someday.

I sure would like to know the behind-the-scenes discussion on killing the Ghost Rider series but greenlighting the really boring Hellstorm series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

the Darkhold from AoS and the one in WV look nothing alike, it's just more of Kevin Feige dropping a massive poo poo on anything Jeph Loeb was involved in.

Like I grew to adore this show but it's over and it's just never going to matter in the MCU going forward.

Someone in the MCU TV thread pointed out that a photo Phil shows of the Darkhold even shows it as a different appearance. No-Prize answer but we already know it reveals different things to different readers, who is to say it can't change appearances too?