Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the way the lead-up to the mobius strip sequence plays up jolyne like she's a loving horror movie villain is the best goddamn thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love Araki’s body horror so much.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Jolyne's hand inverting made me scream internally.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah this is maybe the grossest thing in JoJo to me because body parts should never do thaaaaaaaat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Inflammatory posted:

the way the lead-up to the mobius strip sequence plays up jolyne like she's a loving horror movie villain is the best goddamn thing.
re-read this bit cause I didn't remember it really and god yeah this rules so hard, highly reccomend everyone else do it

jolyne is able to completely take all of C-Moon's punches now and they do nothing. Then Pucci pulls out a security's guard gun to kill her and time suddenly stops and Jotaro swoops in

badass

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Having just finished part 7, the one that stands out to me (ha ha) is D4C’s...cubing...sponging? of Funny Valentine. My verbiage could be better ,but y’all know what panel I’m talking about. It’s not particularly violent or anything, but it carries a sense of wrongness about it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the ending of part 6 is amazing

dont at me

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i won't because it is

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Condiv posted:

dont at me

Also the beginning, and the middle as well. Hell, all in all I'd say its the best one even better than part 7, a part considered by many to be the best part.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I was gonna ask for a link to the mobius part in 6, but i figure I have time to reread before Steel Ball Read.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Condiv posted:

dont at me

@condiv it's not

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Part 6 is absolutely, by a degree of multitudes, the most underrated part, and I am absolutely loving DYING to see it all animated. Like, every time I think about any given part 6 moment, I realize how loving cool it'll be in motion.

Like, think about how even relatively minor stuff like the "fight" with Johngalli A will be.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
jojo's bizarre adventure is epic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Part 6 has at least two big points in its favor
1) It has Jolyne, the coolest JoJo
2) It has the greatest panel in manga history

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
everyone knows that panel but not enough people talk about how he's holding a universal guidebook

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There are many panels and pages in Stone Ocean that could credibly called the greatest ever.

Other candidates include:

- "EMPORIO WE'RE IN A PLANE UNDER A HOSPITAL THAT'S GOING TO CRASH INTO THE GROUND" "...uhhhhhh...?"
- Jolyne beans an alligator with Anasui's engagement ring
- Anasui: Doesn't really know what's going on. Just kind of following Weather to find Jolyne.
- Fake Jotaro

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Funky Valentine posted:

There are many panels and pages in Stone Ocean that could credibly called the greatest ever.

- "EMPORIO WE'RE IN A PLANE UNDER A HOSPITAL THAT'S GOING TO CRASH INTO THE GROUND" "...uhhhhhh...?"
- Anasui: Doesn't really know what's going on. Just kind of following Weather to find Jolyne.
- Fake Jotaro

part 6 was the weirdest part in the best possible way

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Funky Valentine posted:

- Fake Jotaro
I cannot for the life find where Hermes goes "Jolyne, some weird poo poo is going on!" which kills me

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Expect My Mom posted:

I cannot for the life find where Hermes goes "Jolyne, some weird poo poo is going on!" which kills me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Hermes rules

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Hermes got arrested to murder her sisters killer, hardcore as gently caress.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Part 6 is tied with 4 as my favorite part. They, along with part 7 are all fantastic for almost entirely different reasons and it just goes to show how great this series is.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where the gently caress is morkey

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao thank you

hermes is really like the most normal person in a group of total freak weirdos, but she's still having a good time and all

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Hey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doz1QJ7LwjA

Jojo pt6 ending, thanks.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Funky Valentine posted:

I love this because gently caress Anasui he's a weirdo and he deserves it for trying to slip a ring on a sleeping girl's finger.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love it because jolyne was resting after losing someone she cared about but wakes up hooting and hollering cause hermes yells about alligators and they both hate alligators from the Foo Fighters arc

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

All this Part 6 talk made me want to reread it, and there is a science/biology/physics section in the middle of pretty much every fight. It owns.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love that over the course of part 6 the entire gang just ends up with the attitude of "...man, gently caress alligators."

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Weather Report making it rain poison arrow frogs.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Weather doesn't get a lot to do, Anasui has more moments with Diver Down being pretty helpful, but whenever he does it's super Oh gently caress for every side, regardless if Weather is your ally, I like it a lot

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I love that over the course of part 6 the entire gang just ends up with the attitude of "...man, gently caress alligators."

I just remembered that the prison manager's assistant is also an alligator.

Part 6 is probably the best source of weird-rear end out of context panels.

MachuPikacchu posted:

All this Part 6 talk made me want to reread it, and there is a science/biology/physics section in the middle of pretty much every fight. It owns.

A part 6 read thread could be cool to have before the part 7 one. It would be a good opportunity for the anime only people to jump on the manga train.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think anime people would be less likely to want to read through 6 since it could feasibly be next up for animation and it's also connected to the previous parts

7 is an easier sell since it isn't

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Expect My Mom posted:

Weather doesn't get a lot to do, Anasui has more moments with Diver Down being pretty helpful, but whenever he does it's super Oh gently caress for every side, regardless if Weather is your ally, I like it a lot

This post makes me think of Weather Report as a different take on Purple Haze. A powerful ability that nonetheless is dangerous to friend or foe.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Glagha posted:

So I finally got around to actually reading part 6 and finished it a little bit ago and...

What? What the gently caress?

Edit: to be clear this isn't a complaint but I found a lot of part 6 confusing and the very end got REALLY weird. "I reverse gravity which means I can turn things inside out?" "Well you can't turn me inside out if I'm a mobius strip!" is probably peak :psyduck:. The climax is just really fuckin wild in a lot of ways and leaving it I feel like I barely understand what the hell just happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QGvXCLqDY

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Florida woman loses liver over baseball bet

Florida man digs up airplane

Florida man kills self, then attempts murder

Florida woman run over by the 1974 Miami Dolphins

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Llab posted:

This post makes me think of Weather Report as a different take on Purple Haze. A powerful ability that nonetheless is dangerous to friend or foe.
It kind of is!

When Weather makes it rain poison frogs, the only thing keeping Jolyne from dying too is that she makes a blanket of string to shield herself

but I don't think Weather consciously controls Weather Report when it goes "Heavy Weather Warning" and causes city wide disasters. Like he controls the clouds and the lightnings, but I remember him being passed out in a dumpster when the frogs start falling and I feel like he and Anasui take a while to notice the whole snails thing

e: Wes was also was never able to kill himself, the chamber of the gun would be full of water or a gust of wind would lift him back on to a cliff if he tried to jump, so Weather Report itself seems to be a tad autonomous when it wants to be, a sorta Larry Trainor /Negative Spirit sorta deal

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Expect My Mom posted:

e: Wes was also was never able to kill himself, the chamber of the gun would be full of water or a gust of wind would lift him back on to a cliff if he tried to jump, so Weather Report itself seems to be a tad autonomous when it wants to be, a sorta Larry Trainor /Negative Spirit sorta deal

wonderin how many little RC cars WR has in his cell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MachuPikacchu posted:

Florida woman loses liver over baseball bet

Florida man digs up airplane

Florida man kills self, then attempts murder

Florida woman run over by the 1974 Miami Dolphins

Florida Child Uses CD Jammed Into His Own Eyeball To Kill Local Priest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp