Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

overmind2000 posted:

Stone Ocean anime confirmed

Aw hell yeah

Did they give a date?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This reminds me, what parts are people most excited to see animated? The one two punch of Operation: Savage Garden and this is up there for me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6 - Florida Woman Caught Spankin' It By Tom Cruise

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Easter Bunny went the extra extra extra mile this year

By kidnapping Mickey Mouse

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Electric Phantasm posted:

This reminds me, what parts are people most excited to see animated? The one two punch of Operation: Savage Garden and this is up there for me.

It's hard to narrow it down. Planet Waves immediately comes to mind, but I'm gonna say Dragon’s Dream because maybe I'll finally know what the gently caress is going on in that fight.

I hope they keep the sixth sense joke in.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
gently caress yeah, so excited for my favorite jojo part!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Cannot wait to see all the legally-distinct-please-don't-sue characters for Bohemian Rhapsody.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

#Jolyne is trending at 132k as of 12pm EST. :eyepop:

(Ai Fairouz)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 4, 2021

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Maybe not the bit I'm most excited for, but I'm wondering how they'll handle the more copyright-heavy bits of Bohemian Rhapsody. Chances are they'll just cut those bits entirely, but I hope they do something as a clever workaround.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Change Mickey Mouse and Spiderman to copyright friendly names.

If there's no Mousey this ain't Dizno!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Frionnel posted:

Change Mickey Mouse and Spiderman to copyright friendly names.

If there's no Mousey this ain't Dizno!
「GOOBY PLZ」

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lotus Aura posted:

Cannot wait to see all the legally-distinct-please-don't-sue characters for Bohemian Rhapsody.

:same:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait a sec. If Warner Bros is helping out, could they just use Looney Tunes characters instead? (Bugs Bunny is Missing from Looneyworld)

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I thought Araki specifically avoided using copyrighted characters except for a mention of mickey mouse and one panel with spiderman's arm

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Too bad Steamboat Willy's copyright only expires in 2024.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

Wait a sec. If Warner Bros is helping out, could they just use Looney Tunes characters instead? (Bugs Bunny is Missing from Looneyworld)

This is how they're gonna get JoJo characters in the new Space Jam movie.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

somepartsareme posted:

I thought Araki specifically avoided using copyrighted characters except for a mention of mickey mouse and one panel with spiderman's arm
There's a couple others like Giant Robo and Astro Boy in there. They just weren't as prominently focused on.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Frionnel posted:

Too bad Steamboat Willy's copyright only expires in 2024.

bad news about when the second half of Part 6 will be adapted

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Everything to do with Pucci, before, during and after prison.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Pucci in bed with DIO

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't wait for the reaction to Jotaro and Jolyne dying within minutes of each other.

Time for the fast priest to be fast and priestish.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
maybe by the time it comes out I'll finally find a reason to use this meme I've been sitting on forever

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Whoever is the first one to post the Thoth manga image once that episode hits will be crowned the forums Pucci

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if they’ll leave female Anasui in or fix that mistake.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't want that in the anime because it would spawn a lot of really bad and tasteless jokes

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

RatHat posted:

They usually keep the updated versions of things Araki changes his mind on later, like the generic bird on DIO's shoulder being Pet Shop.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheLoneStar posted:

They usually keep the updated versions of things Araki changes his mind on later, like the generic bird on DIO's shoulder being Pet Shop.

Oh did he fix that later on in the tankobons?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

RatHat posted:

Oh did he fix that later on in the tankobons?
No, I don't think so. The generic bird just became Pet Shop in the anime when it first appeared way before its fight with Iggy. I assume the generic bird and Pet Shop were meant to be one in the same in the manga.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Grouchio posted:

(Ai Fairouz)
Good on them that they got a JoJo character to voice a JoJo character.
(But seriously, holy poo poo that is some style. Especially the saber hilt high-heels)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Carpator Diei posted:

Good on them that they got a JoJo character to voice a JoJo character.
(But seriously, holy poo poo that is some style. Especially the saber hilt high-heels)
Ai is apparently a huge Jojo fan, so she probably went into overdrive as soon as she heard she got the part.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

All I can think in reaction to this announcement is how much I am not looking forward to that part in Planet Waves (???) where Jolyne rips the dude's toenail off

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
An hour before the event started I got a premonition of DavidPro animating that horrible looking panel of the random black lady with a banana. Who knows what the future has in store

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The two minute sequence during Made in Heaven where most of the cast dies and also that scene after the reset with Fake Jolyne and Fake Jotaro just to see how people will react

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Jolyne unraveling herself into a net or a moebius strip. Underworld. All the snail bullshit and the showdown between Pucci and Weather. The finale with gravity and time going nuts. This part has so much crazy poo poo in it and I'm hyped for it.

RatHat posted:

They should just keep Anasui female through the whole part.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mobius trip Jolyne is one of my favorite things in the series

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The single best page in the entire history of comic books:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Too many parts I'm excited to see animated but it'll be great seeing Jolyne get past the "can only remember 3 things" rule by using her string to print out a 2-bit picture of Miu Miu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Please keep in Jolyne flipping the bird in several languages.