Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
*sees every stand's power in every previous jojo part change and retcon themselves consistently for 30 years* hmm i definitely trust this guy to do a longform mystery with a good payoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
LMAOOOO hes 89 xD beetle tendency for the epic win

Jojolion is bad and the monthly format is even worse.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
I liked Vitamin C a lot too but there's been maybe 3 good scenes in this series and it's been going on for 8 years

Patware posted:

stop having fun saying 89, guys, we've been schooled by a pro

when that's literally the only memorable thing from the past 4 months of chapters then maybe it's not very good

oh sorry i mean pickle riiiiick

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
didnt know hot topic had part 4 merchandise and now im buying the last one just to piss off jojo fans

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
every monthly chapter could easily be a weekly chapter because of how many panels there are of characters just staring at nothing with a vacant expression

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
People have been saying it "feels close to being done" since like 2014 because the plot is so boring that they hope it just wraps up soon.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Just finished steel ball run and I gotta say at this point it felt like a DM had to find an excuse for the players to kill the villain again after convincing them to spare them not thinking it would work.

He's a politician.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't like how part 4 gets brought out as an example of the main villain being unknown until halfway through as an example when it's the outlier.

Also "halfway through" was a year and a half.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

Honestly I think month to month isn't doing jojolion any favors. If it were weekly then at least we would get drip fed more progression.

I stopped reading it a while back because by far my biggest complaint was that every chapter was a week's worth of content stretched out to a monthly chapter's length just with more panels of minutiae and every character "reacting" with a tim buckley level emotion on their face.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Just from that trailer (and knowing way too much about voice actors) I'm fairly certain that's Todd Haberkorn.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
BSV Chapter 2 is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upXr1bl8F2M

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Glad we're getting all the "yoooo the ED should be <song that is incredibly popular and has an absurdly high licensing fee behind it> that would be EPIC XD" out of the way early at least.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
good riddance

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Cannot understand how people are excited for a prospect of a Part 9. An almost 70 year old man whose art and writing have only gotten worse over the course of a decade should just retire.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Irene and Anakiss are on their way to get a marriage blessing from Irene's parents, Qtaro Kujo and Tenmei Kakyoin.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
New Blood Sun Vendetta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CczOkioIeJ8

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
You're thinking of Judgement. Wheel of Fortune is the car. But frankly that's a way funnier version of events.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
D'arby's sole personality trait is he's an unrepentant cheater how is this a fair matchup at all

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
I'd rather they just make a good game instead.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Didn't the single player offline mode of the original have a mobile game stamina system?

Yes. CC2 is a really really bad dev team so even with promised improvements don't hold your breath.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

Joshu being a character is pretty funny in retrospect. Dude barely does anything outside of Milagro man

To be fair nobody else does either.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
themes that go (unusually) hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Ek_1W9wk

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
The general consensus for the name changes are "they could probably technically get away with a fair amount of them but musicians are the most litigious people on the planet so better safe than sorry"

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
extremely cowardly move to try and hide the headband by making it super dark

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Can't wait for half those characters to never show up.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Wanna know the raw line for that to determine if him hearing that activated his Josuke neurons.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
The villains entire plan and motivation is just "we sell weird fruit and make big money dollar" so its understandable why people would think there has to be something more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think Part 8 was bad