Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MachuPikacchu posted:

The only two JoJos who get overlooked consistently are Jolyne and Gappy.

Gappy is the goodest boy in the series and the anime will bear this out :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BaDandy posted:

It would have been so much more interesting if the Boss was "fake" and the mob was being run by this weird, dopey 15-year-old with a murder streak. I got sidetracked from my original point from thinking about how dope as hell that would be.

This pairs well with the idea of Doppio being possessed by King Crimson because it's really funny and kind of sad to imagine Doppio bumbling his way through a life of organized crime because his stand is too powerful to be controlled.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: nevermind

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 28, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Can Of Worms posted:

There's some JoJo stuff being discussed at Anime Expo and YonkouProd has been tweeting about it, here's some fun tidbits (quoted directly from his tweets so I don't spam a dozen tweets in a single post):

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Thread - The most important thing is the men. The beautiful men and their perishing

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Patware posted:

Nut King Call: i can't think of any particularly wild power for this to create with Speed King which means there's probably something really wild

If you combine the ability to assemble and disassemble objects with the ability to accumulate heat you could probably science it up to have it do something with nuclear forces or fission/fusion.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cant wait for the anime thread to witness twink Dio

But they've already seen Giorno :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Expect My Mom posted:

Also! Pucci makes himself known and visible known insanely early on compared to DIO, Kira and Diavolo. He exists and gets to have multiple scenes alone, and exists in the same facility as Jolyne for almost the entire story. He doesn't feel like this God Emperor threat like DIO or Diavolo either, part of you believes that if Jolyne could just get in his office with him, she stands at least a decent chance of winning, which builds great tension of when the two will finally face off

I really like that it took six parts until the series got a main villain that could be described as having an office, that just seems like such a prosaic detail considering how strange and eccentric they tend to be

edit: well Kira worked in an office, at least, but that isn't really the same thing

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 2, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RatHat posted:

Wouldn’t this be for Pucci? The opening gradually speeds up, loops through a few times, then ends up with the Part 1 opening but with the Part 1 characters replaced with weird lookalikes.

Part 7 will be the same opening but the roles are all mixed up, like it’s an alternate universe.

These are probably a bit too ambitious to be real though.

I'm struggling to think of what you would do for a Part 8 opening, though. Maybe things start changing or people start looking the same because of the effects of Paper Moon King?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Stairmaster posted:

That looks so good i wonder how they hosed it up

The Jojo fan wiki has a list of differences between the manga and movie

quote:

• Dio's inner monologues are not depicted. His motives for bullying Jonathan are never explained.
  • The boxing match, rugby game and Jonathan's first encounter with Erina are omitted.
  • Two extra scenes are added: one where Dio steps on Jonathan's necklace from Erina and another where Jonathan hurts himself on a needle Dio places in his bed.
  • The concept of the Ripple is not explained clearly. The Ripple's dexterity is also never demonstrated, it is treated as a "fighting energy" used to power up Jonathan's punches.
  • Robert E. O. Speedwagon is omitted.
  • Jonathan's fight with Jack the Ripper is omitted.
  • Dio uses his vampiric power to transform his hideout in Windknight's Lot into a giant castle.
  • Dio does not meet the protagonists in the graveyard; the Dark Knights, Bruford and Tarkus are already waiting for them and are taken out quickly by Jonathan's Ripple Overdrive.
  • The scene where Bruford gives his sword to Jonathan and names it LUCK & PLUCK is omitted.
  • Tonpetty appears by himself. The characters Poco, Dire and Straizo are not featured.
  • Tonpetty's flashback with Zeppeli takes place on a cliff as opposed to a tightrope over the Tibetan temple. Tonpetty reading Zeppeli's future also causes a shockwave that blows away the surrounding clouds.
  • The scene where Zeppeli, Jonathan and Dio clash under the moon takes place after Jonathan defeats the Dark Knights and in proximity of Dio's castle. Dialogue between Dio and Zeppeli, including the famous "bread" line, is omitted.
  • Dio counters Zeppeli's Ripple with his freezing technique and Jonathan intervenes in a scene similar to the manga. Zeppeli is killed in this encounter, however, in a manner not unlike Dire's death. The specifics behind the freezing technique and why it counters Ripple are not explained.
  • Zeppeli's hair does not turn white when he passes his life energy to Jonathan.
  • Jonathan does not light his gloves on fire to counter Dio's freezing technique. He instead overcomes it by "powering up" during their clash.
  • The ship Jonathan and Erina board sails through the Pacific Ocean instead of the Atlantic Ocean. This is an error as Erina is still rescued near the Canary Islands.
  • The baby Elizabeth is omitted from the movie. In the manga, Erina chooses to die with Jonathan but is persuaded after he asks her to save the baby. In the movie, she enters the coffin without Jonathan saying anything.

Actually, Dio transforming something into a giant castle through vampire magic is a good change and DavidPro should have used it.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 2, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Getting purposely hosed up to the point of needing an ICU so you can smash a dudes face in is extremely good

Josuke is a good lad

The idea of someone that's part-Kira using an ambulance to both save himself and ultimately others is a powerful one indeed

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Valentine's ASB theme was posted in the Steel Ball Read thread and it reminded me that I was gonna post Diavolo's ASB theme once the season ended. Posting it here instead of the anime thread because the related videos almost certainly have spoilers for parts the anime hasn't reached yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHXKRNAFE48

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Expect My Mom posted:

God I forgot about ASB's music

Final form Kira's theme is loving nuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVEGMax42dw

All of Kira's music is good and like a lot/all of ASB's music it's fun and pretty obvious to see what was stolen from where. I don't think I'm wrong in saying that ASB's music is the best part of the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVUX1tkY0M

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 27, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Black August posted:

After seeing all of King Crimson's deal in manga and anime, I always felt it would have worked way better as a horror Stand - have it so even Diavolo can't remember what he does or what happens in erased time. Make every skip sudden and cutting to some horrible outcome. Don't give it a defined time limit either. Maybe it skips 2 seconds, maybe it skips a whole minute, and Diavolo only uses it sparingly since he'll have no idea what he did or where he'll end up after erasing time. Epitaph only tells him so much, the rest has to be inferred from what's seen after the skip. Actually seeing inside erased time and how it works should be left for the very end.

This would have worked really well for the final battle if Doppio dying took away Epitaph and Diavolo had to make even riskier decisions about when to active King Crimson as things turned against him. It would also likely make the finale longer and more of a proper battle as opposed to just a race to get the arrow. Above all though you would have an interesting reversal of Dio's World where instead of having a guy with an unbeatable power that requires the same power to beat you'd be having someone with a seemingly unbeatable but flawed power that can be overcome in the right circumstances.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Patware posted:

diavolo's hair makes me feel like he doesn't bother washing it enough because he'd have to acknowledge his own physicality for that

According to Araki the black-spotted hair was something he drew in order to make Diavolo look more punk

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Patware posted:

what?????????????????????

A good summary of Part 8!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hatty posted:

There’s no toilet in the turtle

That's not a downside for Polnareff

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Not sure which of the two threads to post this in so I'm posting it in both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxAtjRA2Vm4

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

My roommate found this on Google Maps earlier today while planning out an upcoming trip to Florida

There are reviews but only one of them is good

quote:

It's cool but why is everything sideways here

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Reminder that Araki drew Douglas MacArthur once.

I've said this before but he really made him look like Hunter S. Thompson

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

have I mentioned how much I loving love part 7 Dio yet? Because this might be my favorite Dio yet, tied with part 3 DIO

I like Diego because he's a walking example of how Dio would have turned out if he didn't reject his humanity. He has Dio's drive and ambition but lacks his charisma and ability to bend others to his will. No one that isn't currently a dinosaur will ever die for Diego.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 21, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I wonder if we’ll ever find out just what D4C stands for....

It's a recursive acronym with the D standing for D4C

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hatty posted:

Devious Dude Delightfully Desecrating Christ

Someone please contact whoever localizes the anime and tell them to use this because there's no way in any parallel universe that the localization tops it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

nah he just figured out the one weird trick

that's D4C's true stand ability

Buff Valentine might be the roidiest character in JoJo since Part 3 outside of that one time Doppio hulked out. Unless the villain of Part 8 ends up being a Pillarman it'll almost certainly be the last time we see anyone that roidy. Maybe Josuke will get bulked up even further but we're already pretty close to the end of JoJolion.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hatty posted:

Joshu is getting a redemption isn’t he :ohdear:

There's still time for him to save Yasuho via equivalent exchange and die as a result. Heroic sacrifice is the best redemption he can hope for at this point, really.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Zeruel posted:

I like French fries ~

But not fried chicken!

Wait, wait, WAIT. Was that foreshadowing?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dragonwagon posted:

I'm still wondering if we'll ever find out why Josefumi had the Joestar birthmark.

Probably not, it seems like a thing that was only there to explain how Josuke has a birthmark if Kira's body is still intact.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FirstAidKite posted:

I just wanna know where the photo came from!!!

My first thought was Karera photobombed someone else's pictures but it's most likely just a selfie

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He brought back Ojiro so I think we're well past the point of being able to guess who is or isn't coming back

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Civil War in first place with Grateful Dead/Beach Boy in a close second

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Brought To You By posted:

Chapter 96
This is straight up some Junji Ito levels of memetic horror and I'm loving the dawning realization that's hitting everyone. Rai straight up goading a the murderer into offing himself just so he could knit himself into a sweater and escape just tickles me. I had no idea where he was going with his ramblings but Rai had already reached Bruno levels of hardcore when he survived Tom's stand, and he's just trying his hardest to raise the bar

Unless I'm really misreading the way it works the Head Doctor's Stand seems to be a combination of Hanged Man, Bites the Dust, and a lethal attack version of Ticket to Ride. It can jump through objects (glass and screens, it looks like) and attacks multiple people who try to pursue the Head Doctor by causing a series of unlikely things to happen around them until they die or are incapacitated. Also considering what Holly said about the Head Doctor's true form he almost certainly isn't the guy we keep seeing. The 89-year old murder man is probably Tooru's (he's the only other one from the research hospital still alive) Stand or something.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If Araki wants to go for maximum irony like with Love Train it'll be called What a Wonderful World

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It just occurred to me that there's a pretty big hole in the Head Doctor being Tooru's Stand theory. Back in chapter 76 the Head Doctor and Wu were at the orchard disguised as ambulance drivers. Unless Tooru projected his Stand to create a disguised illusion that was also driving the ambulance it's pretty unlikely that the Head Doctor is just a Stand.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 17, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JfishPirate posted:

Tooru may yet have a stand, but it seems very odd for his stand to be the Head Doctor. I feel that a character who has previously been set up as a total good guy (saving the boy, helping Josuke and Rai get to the lab, agreeing that Josuke didn't kill the broken neck guy, agreeing to come help Yasuho, driving her to the Higashikata estate) being a major villain would be quite the twist. I think he just loves Yasuho, more than anything. Hopefully he will save her.

The JoJo fan wiki thinks the bone blade robot is the Head Doctor's Stand but considering that it tried to ambush Josuke with non-calamity attack close to where Tooru was it's way more likely that it's Tooru's Stand

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 17, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

One of the panels in this chapter reminded of a panel from Steel Ball Run that may or may not end up being related

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

overmind2000 posted:

It just occurred to me that there's a pretty big hole in the Head Doctor being Tooru's Stand theory. Back in chapter 76 the Head Doctor and Wu were at the orchard disguised as ambulance drivers. Unless Tooru projected his Stand to create a disguised illusion that was also driving the ambulance it's pretty unlikely that the Head Doctor is just a Stand.

Looking back on it my point that the Head Doctor isn't a Stand because he was driving the ambulance doesn't hold up considering what we've seen in the past. Stands can totally drive vehicles if needed

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Man I just finished part 5 of the manga but it's surprisingly short and wraps up real cleanly all of a sudden?

And then Doppio walks in carrying a cake. Happy birthday, Bruno!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JOHN CENA posted:

the biggest loss we will all suffer to the Stone Ocean animation is there is likely not a chance that we get the infamous WHERE THE gently caress IS MICKEY!? scene.

Mickey can be replaced

Funky Valentine posted:

Annasui: *reads Universal guidebook* Where the gently caress is Spinel?!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/Merhos1/status/1260825398415224833

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RatHat posted:

I guess the head doctor IS a real person and Tooru is just working with him? Or maybe the calamity power is actually 2 stands working together.

To contrast them with Josuke it's possible that the Head Doctor and Tooru are the result of the rokakaka splitting one person into two people. If neither of them is a Stand then that would explain the weird instantaneous connection they seem to share. Considering that the Head Doctor made a point of asking the reporter if he was pursuing him shortly before the reporter died it's pretty likely that the Head Doctor's Stand is the pursuer-targeting calamity attack and not the robot with the bone blades that ambushes people. If that was the case then I don't think he would have had to use the rokakaka exposure to decapitate the reporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pigbuster posted:

Also let's not forget the Doctor going all Blair Witch in the corner, there's gotta be a reason for that, whether Tooru is astral projecting the guy or something else.

If his power requires that you look at his back before it can activate then he's setting it up so that he can kill whoever enters the room.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 19, 2020