Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Carpator Diei posted:

I still can't get over the fact that the steel balls aren't even Stand abilities, nor any other sort of special power. Some people just came up with a method to do magic through creative application of Boules skills.

They're supposed to be the equivalent of Ripple I thought. Since Part 7 is kindasorta a remake of Part 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Expect My Mom posted:

That kinda falls apart with Mitsuba and Hato, and only with Mistuba can you say it's because she's only married into the family.

We also don't know what Cato's Stand is or does or is called other than it has some D4C like abilities but for objects

It's like a mix between Enigma and D4C.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If they did Part 5 I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t do Part 6 as well to finish the story.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Someone hit a bingo in the anime thread

Vookatos posted:

I've watched all the openings and endings, because they loving rule, and noticed something in the latest ending. Spoilering because if I'm right, it's actually kinda huge. I'm too lazy to verify this, but I'm pretty sure new stands were added from bottom to top every time we met them since the ending was introduced. Now, on the second part of the pillar, we first see Fugo, and then Abbacchio's stands, followed by Narancia and Bruno. Only then we see King Crimson weirly in the middle of all this, not in some cool or important part of the tower, followed by Trish, Mista, and finally Giorno. So, uh... Is this the order characters loving die (or in case with Fugo, leave)? I mean, there were some foreshadowing moments in endings before. Makes sense why King Krimson is in the middle of all the bullshit and not more prominent, but still fairly close to the top.
What makes me think it's all bullshit is Bruno being higher than Narancia. I mean, they both got hosed up, but Bruno can't even loving walk. And my only hunch is two characters at the bottom, aside from enemy stands, so I could just be reading too much into this. I kinda hope so, frankly. Still have hopes for Bruno's recovery.

So yeah. This is a theory, don't spoil poo poo, I don't care if I'm right or wrong. Just noticed that and thought it might be a thing.

If that's intentional in the ending then I didn't even notice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

is there unifying fan theory for part 8 as to the connection between the rocks that hide among people, the plant that turns part of you into rock, and the disease that turns you into a rock

Amazingly I think they’re all unrelated. The disease is presumably a curse caused by the holy corpse, the rock humans are a species that have been around for a loooong time, and the rokakaka is from New Guinea(and has existed for a long time like the rock humans).

EDIT: Actually wait, wasn’t the reason Johnny brought the corpse to Morioh because his wife had the rock disease? I guess the disease is older than that and the holy corpse only causes the wall eyes and the influx of stand users in the town. Maybe the Higashikatas have a rock human ancestor or something? I still think the fruit is not connected to the others though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 25, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CodfishCartographer posted:

Welp, guess I should have re-read more closely. I always thought it needed to mark all four limbs, then once it does he has complete control over you. I'll admit I more or less skimmed it as a refresher, and to see if his character design stayed the same (it was tweaked slightly, mostly in the hair)

Yes, once he gets all 4 limbs he has complete control. But even without all 4 he still has control of the limbs that have been marked, just not the rest of the body.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unless they’re adding a lot of new scenes I don’t see how you’d stretch Rolling Stones out to an hour.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CJ posted:

So it's the finale tomorrow, right?

Nope, it's episode 37. Then 3 weeks later we get 38 and 39 together.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I’ve got no idea how Speed King or Paper Moon are supposed to work anymore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I think Speed King's entire thing is that it can create a pinpoint amount of heat, and it never cools down and stays at that temperature no matter what, and if touched, it moves to where you touch it. That's all.

I'm just tripped up by the "not a large amount of heat" part. I guess Jobin is just being really generous with what he considers as "not a lot"?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 19, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the easiest way to think of it is like a heat virus.

EDIT: So that's what Jobin was trying to do to Josuke at the end of the beetle fight huh? What a dick. I mean he probably would've stopped it before Josuke died but still

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 19, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If it's intent that triggers Mr. 89's stand then I think we're gonna get some memory shenanigans with Daiya's stand.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CodfishCartographer posted:

Did I miss something or was it never explained how the car got up in the tree.

It’s just one of Mamezuku’s weird houses.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If we hadn't already seen her stand I'd think she was the head doctor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

I would love it if when we got to this point, Valentine hosed with the OP by actually playing the Part 1 OP.

Wouldn’t this be for Pucci? The opening gradually speeds up, loops through a few times, then ends up with the Part 1 opening but with the Part 1 characters replaced with weird lookalikes.

Part 7 will be the same opening but the roles are all mixed up, like it’s an alternate universe.

These are probably a bit too ambitious to be real though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

overmind2000 posted:

I'm struggling to think of what you would do for a Part 8 opening, though. Maybe things start changing or people start looking the same because of the effects of Paper Moon King?

The characters start randomly bumping into things

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still want Tooru to be a red herring but it doesn't seem likely at this point. He's definitely connected to the head doctor and the rock humans somehow, maybe he even IS the head doctor and the old man is his stand or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Meme Emulator posted:

For the spoilered part hes going to snatch the new rokokaka which should get him to cross paths with the doctor, right? That way hes not chasing him, but he might be forced into encountering him?

Yeah he changed his goal from going after the doctor to finding the rokokaka, which deactivates the stand even if Gappy might encounter the doctor on the way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

hatty posted:

The beetle fight owned

I think my favourite fights were Blue Hawaii and Vitamin C, possibly because of the body horror aspect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait has Jojolion really been going for 10 years?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure why Jobin couldn’t just explain that surfer dude attacked him and Tsurugi and that he killed them to protect the family. I mean Norisuke was considering throwing Yasuho back into the toilet and killing a family friend, how is killing someone actively attacking you going too far?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Honestly it’ll be more of a twist at this point if Tooru ISN’T the head doctor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the chapter uploaded anywhere else? Mangadex is loading really slow right now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the head doctor IS a real person and Tooru is just working with him? Or maybe the calamity power is actually 2 stands working together.

Also it turns out the rokakaka is a really dangerous weapon when you control luck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I saw a theory I liked that the Head doctor’s stand is the calamity that hurts anyone pursuing him, but Tooru’s stand can project the image of others. So the doctor that they were chasing was actually Tooru’s stand, which activated the Head doctor’s calamity power even though he was nowhere close.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Just finished Stone Ocean. RIP to life, the universe and everything.

How did Emporio survive the first go-round though?
Is it related to Burning Down the House?

What do you mean?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Once again I have no idea what's going on. Seems like Tooru is switching his consciousness between the two Old Man stands, and whichever one he's in has a face? Not really sure how that works. Also I think the bug is dumb.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Relin posted:

he forgot the rules of one stand mid arc. i think he's losing it. if he doesn't address some of the important mysteries in part 8 i'm gonna be pissed!

Which one?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do people not notice these naked humans walking out of the woods?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think it's hyperbole to say most fans didn't appreciate 8 episodes in a row of basically identical episodes.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 15, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

- Theres the infamous flashback man. At first I assumed it was just an early design for Yotsuyu, but looking at it again it seems like Jobin With his hair down and without the scars.

When was this?

quote:

- A Mystery Baby washed up in Morioh on the same day as Johnnys death. Yasuho makes a big deal about this and we never hear about it again. I figured maybe it was a rock human but now we know baby rock humans are big-sized so what the gently caress

I assumed it was going to be revealed Johnny was reincarnated or something but that never happened.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What was Mamezuku opening his chest supposed to be showing?
And okay, so Josuke's stand is using the Spin somehow? So?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So if they beat Wonder of U with Spin bullshit does that mean Wonder of U is basically just invincible otherwise? From how it's explained it sounds like even Dio with time stopped would get wrecked by a calamity if he tried to attack it. I was really hoping they'd find some loophole in its power but doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm not even a big fan of giorno myself but poo poo like this is dumb as hell because i could literally just be reductive of most any of the characters by intentionally making them sound stupid

like is anyone even trying to pretend that holly magically got sick for any reason other than that araki needed a plot device? dio basically had to be retconned into having an actual motivation in part 6 because he straight up had nothing other than I AM AN EVIL rear end in a top hat in flashing neon letters going for him for multiple parts.

Holly getting deathly sick from generating a stand gets weirder as the parts go on because you see several children who survived it but she couldn’t.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

somepartsareme posted:

She still has less spiritual strength than some animals and a sword, just within the same part

I think it’s only dangerous if the stand is forcibly activated, like DIO awakening did to the Joestars and if you get hit by the arrow. Otherwise only people who can survive it in the first place awaken stands.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terror Sweat posted:

It's cool how pocoloco has the most powerful stand and it's the easiest to explain.

Didn’t a data book say his stand doesn’t actually do anything other than cheer for him and provide advice and the luck is all Pocoloco’s?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

What does that say about the guy who made Cheap Trick?

Maybe Cheap Trick was actually really strong and just had a super fatal weakness.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FirstAidKite posted:

He really had me there for a sec and then Araki had to put Yasuho in more sex danger :\

Yeah he was actually kinda cool until he got all rapey.

I'm guessing there's definitely a hidden secondary effect, this seems too simple for something they've been searching for for like half of Part 8.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

somepartsareme posted:

Are we still in a flashback? The timer has been counting down to the harvest of the new Rokakaka at the hospital, not the one Yasuho has, right? When was the last time we got an update on that timer? The "current" state where nobody knew Norisuke was dead and Joshu still had both arms was "13 minutes before the harvest of the new Rokakaka".

I’ve got no loving idea. The timeline is very confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Before the bite her stand was kind of awakened and after the bite it was fully awakened? Maybe?

Assuming Araki didn't forget/change his mind it was probably just a red herring.