Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the ending of part 6 is amazing

dont at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm not sure why people say the group in part 5 is complete without giorno. giorno is the impetus for bruno to have betrayed the boss, and really is the person who ended up saving bruno. I guess you could say that bruno could've saved himself, but I like how in part 5 everyone is saved by someone else. giorno is saved by the gangster, bruno is saved by giorno, and the crew is saved by bruno

persona 5 borrows a lot about the crew from part 5, what with the persona 5 and part 5 crews being people who were rejected by the world, but i think the fact that persona 5's main character saves himself and everyone else makes it weaker

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Daxing Dan posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think Giorno's relationship with the rest of the crew is too often told and not shown. The most egregious example of this happens in the Spice Girl chapters, when Spice Girl is all like "Wow Giorno is so strange, huh? Meeting him has caused you to grow stronger in spirit and as a human being," despite the two of them never even speaking a word to each other up to that point. And, despite being the guy who came up with the idea to overthrow The Boss in the first place, Giorno's commitment to that goal remains kind of abstract. Buccellati, on the other hand, goes on to oppose the boss on a much more personal and physical level, and he dies twice in the process while Giorno is kind of sidelined. I like Giorno and I like his fights (yes, even Baby Face) because he has a lot of great lines that have a tendency to stick in my brain, but he definitely feels under-developed as a character. I think if his relationship with the gang stars and Diavolo were set up better, it would have also made the payoff where Giorno is the one to inherit the dying wills of Narancia, Abbacchio, and Buccellati and defeat Diavolo much more impactful.

Edit: You know who else had a close relationship with Buccellati and a personal conflict with Diavolo? Trish. Give us the alternate ending to Part 5 with Spice Girl Requiem, Araki.

i think giorno's committment to overthrowing the boss is pretty well shown by how frequently he just throws himself into danger to give the gang a way out. soft machine, notorious BIG, killing polpo, etc. unlike diavolo, who's a giant coward and a baby, giorno is always jumping into giant risks, and he's doing it cause he wants to tear down the boss

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

if "what a wonderful world' doesn't play at the end of part 6 I will throw a fit

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I wanna see Shrek drawn in part 8 style

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Josuke is a good boy who doesn’t kill his enemies, and in fact often befriends them. But if they threaten his mom, he subjects then to a fate worse than death.

I think that’s why Jotaro gets the final blow on Kira; so Josuke wouldn’t have to add a homicide to his scorecard.

If the cops found Diavolo’s body, I hope that doesn’t mean they found the homeless guy and took his sweet coat :ohdear:

josuke merges kira with the pavement, granting kira his wish of never being noticed (and awakening a new fetish for him)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Aurora posted:

stone ocean ending bad peepee doodoo

i'll fight you

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wild how Spider-man from Spider-man just shows up a bit.

I’m gonna shake his hand!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Momomo posted:

We saw from Polneraff that paying attention and attacking at the right time was enough to get a hit in on Diavolo and Bucciarati also outsmarted him in their very first encounter. King Crimson felt far from invincible.

bruno died and would've lost entirely if he hadn't met a second jesus earlier that week

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Xad posted:

Man, I was not expecting to tear up a bit while reading part 8 lol

what about the scene with dead kira and josefumi?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i think one of the biggest problems with jotaro in part 3 is that he's not stating his state of mind in a series that up until that point had protagonists that voiced their feelings and desires openly.

the viewer was given a window into both johnathan and joseph's minds in part 1 and 2. they are entirely transparent as characters, there's really never a time where you don't know what they're thinking or feeling. meanwhile, jotaro is almost entirely opaque. you can glean how much he actually cares about his family from scenes where he freaks out about them (holly getting up to put on a brave face, when joseph had been attacked by lovers), but you never have scenes where you get monologues with jotaro clearly stating his feelings on anything.

this opacity carries forward a little bit, but I don't think it's ever quite as present as with jotaro in part 3. Josuke doesn't monologue about everything, but he does clearly state his feelings on things sometimes. even part 4 jotaro is more transparent about his feelings on others and his environment than in part 3.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

new jooj was posted

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/category/jojolion/

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Relin posted:

pretty nothing chapter

i thought the doctor's stand face was p cool

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

FirstAidKite posted:

Plus the knee that got destroyed was the same one Jotaro hosed up earlier so it was already weakened

plus dio had pointed out to whole horse a while back that his left side was not healing as well as his right side, and dio being a big dummy decided to kick with the side of his body that has poo poo regeneration

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i don't think jojolion is over. gappy appeared seemingly out of nowhere to finish the big bad, which is jarring as hell. I think tsurigi's stand is going into overdrive and what we're looking at right now isn't real, much like how that one guy got hit by bus thanks to tsurigi's previous stand power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think there would be more chance of a fakeout if there wasn't the kind of background narration going on summing up some of the themes of the part

just let it go. if it somehow happens even still then whatever, sure, but imo it would be weird to be in denial about it as a base

Isn’t the narrator yasuho?

Something that’s weird to me is right after tsurigi is saying his dad didn’t burn grandpa too bad, the calamity attacks the grandpa..