Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I've been reading Part 8 since it came out and I just now noticed that all the Higashikata family men have 'King' in their stand names.

I'm disappointed in myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Hato, Mitsuba and Daiya do too

WalKing Heart, AwaKing III Leaves and California King Bed

I noticed California King Bed, but I didn't think to look for king inside other words. drat. I did notice the playing card theme, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm learning so many patterns I didn't notice, wow.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chapter one is fun. I enjoy how Dragona seemingly seemed pissed off at Jodio for nearly killing the police, but it turns out they were actually just pissed off that he might have done something to attract more police attention; as soon as Jodio brings up he can destroy all evidence, Dragona is totally fine with everything.

Also Dragona is great and I eagerly await canon pronouns.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This is hilarious and I very much enjoy how all of our protags (?) have non-punchghost stands.

Also I thought that everyone who didn't die before the universe reset just kind of stuck around? There's no 'alt-universe' version of Rohan because he was still there, doing his thing. Was that fanon?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The great thing about Jojos is that also works for several other characters, including two characters that can actually control where their projectiles go.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mista is a good funny character and I think the fact he tries to be serious so often makes him even funnier. It'd be like if Okuyasu actually thought he was smart.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You thought the main villain of this arc would be Rohan, but it was him, a random cat!

Never stop Jojoing, Araki.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's always nice to see Rohan be Rohan again.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well I'm impressed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I cannot wait for the gang to murder Usagi.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That was pretty great.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The hustle has been done.

drat it's nice to see Paco do cool things.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well that was an intro. I assumed I missed a chapter, but nope, that really is the transition. Okay then Araki.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is quite uncomfortable to have that to happen to Dragona three times in 13 chapters, yes. Araki was always a 'fan' of using subjects like this to make his villains look bad, but it was never this common.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't know if Dragona had made any attempt to transition at that point four years ago. They may have still be presenting as male.

I mean, there's enough there for the bullis to clock onto their Gender Weirdness as a target of attack.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I know that Daiya brings up some music, but I'm not sure if I would call what she is having with Gappy a 'conversation'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Over/under on the reason Usagi spilling his cup noodles being the stand that is attacking him?

I do enjoy Paco and Jodio showing up at the end as Usagi isn't breathing and going 'welp everything looks great they're relaxing on the ground.'