Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
Since the anime got up to the meteorite plot point, I always thought Araki would loop around to part 2 and reveal that the special arrows were made out of Kars or smth like that. Or that the stone mask was related to the stand meteorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
What was the intended ending for stone ocean before Araki changed his mind right before the final chapters? Or was that just misinformation?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

multijoe posted:

Nah, here's the afterword where he discusses changing the ending. From his comments it seems the creation of Made in Heaven itself was part of that last minute change, so at the very least C-Moon would likely have played a larger in the original draft. Other than that I guess they'd have killed Pucci and then everyone went home, which Araki seems to think would have been a flat note to end the saga on.

hmm interesting, I guess a more typical ending would have been a wasted opportunity for a story as.. I dunno, hectic? like Stone Ocean