Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Kink is not Shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

Yeah but the spin is a spin, which is much cooler

Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning, this is true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9XrrEaZ7Y4&t=178s

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

Polnareff's deal was presumably that he wanted to be free of his broken body and being completely defeated in mind and spirit he couldn't control that impulse and it manifested in the completely haywire way it did with Chariot Requiem.

I thought with Polnareff it was his desire to protect the arrow at all costs (specifically from Diavolo, mind), hence why Chariot Requiem aggressively pursues and attempts to kill anybody who even so much as touches the arrow (not just Diavolo).

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

It's wouldn't be the most unreasonable Jojo power we've seen.

My stand, 「GAY BAR」, manifests as a dosimeter that displays where on the Kinsey scale a person is.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Paradoxically his stand is actually named 「 WHEN I'M 64 」

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Wel come to mor io ioh oh mo rio oh"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

It's just final destination. Literally just final destination.

I thought that was Rolling Stones :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheLoneStar posted:

King Crimson still makes no sense. Doesn't help Araki changed how his powers worked at least once.

It's that episode of Futurama where time keeps skipping.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

i think jojolion needs to wrap it up

I mean it seems like it's rapidly building towards that; just that the monthly format is going to make any sort of conclusion take a while.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pootybutt posted:

Rock's Stands are his training cuffs and he's stronger wo them.

「CARRY THAT WEIGHT」

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vookatos posted:

So we've talked about the worst stand fight, but how about the best?

While probably not "the best", or even my personal fave, I have a fondness for the Highway Star fight.

-"I REFUSE"
-Josuke having to race across the city while being pursued by a stand that can't really be seen or stopped for long, resulting in needing to do stuff like:
--disassembling and reassembling a motorcycle while on the move to avoid hitting a baby and its mother.
--trapping Highway Star inside a car while also siphoning gas from it for the motorcycle which was almost out of gas.
--Stealing multiple phones because the first one broke.

-"Okay master let's kill da ho. BIIIIIIIIITCH"
-Finally reaching the Stand User, and because Yuya is hospitalized Josuke courteously heals him before defenestrating him because it wouldn't be right otherwise.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dragonwagon posted:

Enjoying his vacation in Paris, you mean.

No dignity, no appreciation for history. Shameful.

"S.H.I.T. WHERE IS MICKEY? BIIIIIIIIITCH!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rahu posted:

We can't be at the end yet unless something really wacky happens, which is always possible.

The story still has to loop back to the part where Tsurugi went to do some sort of shenanigans with Norisuke's body from ~a year ago.

I mean to be fair that's only 12 chapters. Part of the reason Part 8 feels so plodding is due to being on the monthly schedule.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Or if you prefer, Joshua Ben-Joseph

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

somepartsareme posted:

it matters because it's josuke's motivation to be the person he is and spells out the theme about the Golden Heart of Morioh. the real problem is that other than josuke and that one guy, every rando we meet in morioh seems to be an rear end in a top hat

Tonio Trussardi did nothing wrong

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dont Touch ME posted:

The pillar men are moral paragons

Kars is a cheating weenus :colbert:

Edit: jokes aside the pillar men enslaved an entire species and Kars committed genocide on his own people.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

JESUS: They'll never catch me if horses are frogs.
THOMAS: Jesus your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

So in this scenario Thomas' stand is called 「NO DOUBT」, right? :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Maybe the real villain was inside us all along

Neon Genesis Jojolion

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I wonder how many people during Part 5 were absolutely sure Fugo would come back and be the main villain.

Because if Kaato even reappears at all, I'll be very surprised.

Kaato just decides this is all too Bizarre for her, pulls a Toyota 86AES out of her deck of cards and drives away.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

Eyes of Heaven has it as 『Soft & Wet』, so maybe the ampersand makes a difference?

Next it'll be 『Soft 'n Wet』

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
『Yanny & Laurel』

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The rock insect「SUSSUDIO」will remain on your mind until you get a fatal embolism.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Frionnel posted:

Change Mickey Mouse and Spiderman to copyright friendly names.

If there's no Mousey this ain't Dizno!
「GOOBY PLZ」

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I would appreciate a cameo from an armless Avdol and Iggy's rear end in the new universe.

About a half-second from being exploded by the air bomb that Okuyasu swiped away.

Death Bot posted:

From looking around, Foo Fighters have been on Dave Grohl's label for years and years and idk about Weather Report but they just might not have the kind of name that would be judged to be important enough? And also the name has plausible deniability I guess lmao

But Queen is just insanely owned by people and still touring right? I have to imagine thats a harder get lol

Still can't figure out Polnareff becoming Eiffel (but only in ASB) or stand names that are literally a common word that happens to be a band or song name (Echoes, Surface) having to be changed

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

You know, it's nice for things to be happening, but I still REALLY hope we're not quite done here.

If this is really how Jobin ends up, I'm... somewhat disappointed for how much of a major player he was. I get every other characters' death. There was a point to it, they did because of their actions, it was ultimately their character's traits that led them to it. Jobin?

He got into this mess, then got Final Destination'd without any further decision. What's the point? Aaaaaah

I'm just mad even though I should REALLY not be surprised

The point is Jobin thinking he was in control of a situation he never had control of and eating poo poo for it?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheLoneStar posted:

It's so weird how advanced cybernetic technology existed in the JoJo world in the late 1930s, but then technology just marches onward as normal after that point. I think Joseph's prosthetic hand is the only other example of weirdly futuristic technology after Battle Tendency.

And apparently the Speedwagon Foundation can even make a similar one for dogs according to Iggy. So they can do advanced prosthesis, whole body blood transfusions, and vampire-killing UV lamps and that's it for advanced future-tech.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Downtown (From Gaki no Tsukai, legendary japanese comedy duo) run a panel show where people come in to test theories or things from manga/tv etc.

They did the Super Fly transmission tower concept. Essentially, they kidnapped a comedian and locked him in a warehouse and he could only leave if someone entered his cage.

https://mega.nz/folder/hMFiha4R#ZqP_UtepC3EN7BHb4P8vEg/file/VYtmgIiY

It mentions a part 2 at the end of this clip but apparently it got cancelled because the location was even more sketchy and someone called the police after seeing the first comedian get kidnapped :v:

Now that I think about it, the concept of the no laughing batsu game is like a stand ability. You laugh and a punch ghost wallops you

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

Third D'arby sibling. He's a stand-up comedian but if you laugh he gets your soul. When he kills it onstage, he really kills it. :rimshot: Either way he can't keep an audience! :rimshot:

Jerry S. D'Arby and his stand talks to him/serves as a hype man and/or sycophantic supporter

"That Ovaltine bit? That's G O O D, Jerry! G O O D! "

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 6, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's kinda hard to pin down a worst fight, cause there usually ends up being some real good moments even in the bad fights. Like Notorious B.I.G. sucks, but it had Trish going full JoJo by destroying the plane so they can dump it off in the middle of the ocean.

Also Spice Girl's stand cry is wonderful which makes it even more annoying that Trish gets no other fights

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's a sick line tbh.

"Get me out of this wack-rear end Stone Ocean prison"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Stand: Wheel of Fortune

Power: Duel 1971 Vroom Vroom

Wish Wheel of Fortune had been playable in the capcom fighting game. Big beetle sumo car that shoots out gas bullets. It could go on the short list of "fighting games where one of the fighters is a car" along with dreammix tv world fighters, fighters megamix, akatsuki blitzkampf, blazblue cross tag battle, and bcv: battle construction vehicles

you left out Enter the Matrix :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's called a stand because it stands in the place where you are much like the REM song :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

people name their stands op

Spice Girl named herself and technically Avdol named Star Platinum :colbert:

EDIT: Also not sure if Notorious B.I.G. and Cheap Trick were named by their users considering their nature.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 10, 2022

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Are you threatening my hair?!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Dio Brando became God is Adorable.

And Dario became Darius Z Brandons

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Jolyne by CLAMP? So Kakyoin DID lay this egg? :v:

Charmy Green Street Prison :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Then there are the extra feet at the bottom which I can only assume belong to a carefully hidden Koichi.

Or Ermes is having a laugh

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

See here's your problem, you had the stone mask set to "evil"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

Dio with that mask on is just Char, isn't he.

"I came to WRYYYYYYYYYYYY at you"