Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Hey guys how does king crimson work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I was going to re-read/finish Jojolion in preparation for this, but decided to read this anyway.

This is already much better than the first few chapters of Jojolion, and it might be the translation I read, but there's far less over-explaining, random bolding, and other Araki-isms.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Jodio looks at Oh! That's a baseball! and doesn't know what console it's for but also wonders why the graphics are just that bad

Jodio: What the hell this ancient thing? *Picks up a Nintendo Wii*

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

November Rain will purely be a debuff stand with no combat abilities and all the Oras will come from Jodio shitstomping on dudes himself.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I just finished the chapter.

I mean this in the most complimentary way possible, Araki you absolute madman, you self-indulgent prick.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Alright my theory is that this Rohan is the same Rohan from the original timeline and Part 9's really about bringing the old and new timelines together somehow as a big sendoff.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Paper Lion posted:

kira is not a good villain

what the gently caress

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

No Dignity posted:

Because tying the SBRverse to the Ireneverse at all would be extremely fail and undermine the ending of Stone Ocean

Hard disagree, Stone Ocean's ending sucked. If Part 9 was some long con to bridge the old universe with new for proper closure, that'd be great.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

If we're going by Part 5 parallels then the diamond might be this part's equivalent of the Requiem Arrow.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Worse than ASB supposedly was? When that first came out some Japanese fans hated it so much they were snapping discs in half and stuff.

Do you mean Eyes of Heaven? Because All-Star Battle didn't really have any story besides cliff-notes versions of all the parts.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

If Netflix distributes it then it's guaranteed to just get batch dropped, Netflix does not give even the slightest poo poo about the viewer experience.

Netflix does weekly releases just fine...everywhere but the US. Which they insist on batch releases exclusively for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Maybe controversial but I hope he doesn't join, or refuses to join. I think the cast of 4 is near-perfect as-is and I don't want to see the group become too large.

Paco calling it out so directly means he probably won't. His Stand ability seems like it would be a pain-in-the rear end to write around as a full member of the group.