Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

I really need to read more of the interviews, there's some crazy deep lore in them, like the part where one of his editors said that Araki originally wanted Giorno to be a girl

Well, Giovanna IS a woman name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Captain Stalin posted:

It's Araki, if it came out that he was starting parts 9 and 10 concurrently; with part 9 ditching stands for teen romance, my only reaction would be "Yea, I can see him doing that."

But only for, like 10-15 episodes, then Stands are back again.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

He rules the mafia, that's right.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ryaomon posted:

Cannot understand how people are excited for a prospect of a Part 9. An almost 70 year old man whose art and writing have only gotten worse over the course of a decade should just retire.

How in the world "61" is "almost 70"?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Technically it's closer to 70 than 0

Ah, yes, my bad. Anyone who is more than 35 years old is "almost 70", how could I forget.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 18, 2021

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Xad posted:

iirc it wasn't even his current editor it was a former editor who kept being like "it's an old man and a clown? Dumb!... It's two brats? Dumb! Ew it's a bug guy? Dumb!" etc.

Torishima is a legendary editor and a force to be reckoned with.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Nisio is a big Araki fanboy, right?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

multijoe posted:

Assuming it's a 39 episode season that's got to be around the time Jotaro gets ganked and DISC'd I think?

Nah. That is quite soon in the story. The third arc, after Jolyne first days of prison and Goo Goo Dolls

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

I forgot but the PS1 version actually has fights against them in its super story mode though they're mini-games and quick-time events

Part 3 had so many Stand users

22 tarots, 9 gods, Holly, Vanilla Ice and Kenny G.
Part 4 had 26 Stands, part 5 had 27 (+2 requiem stands), part 6 had 25, part 7 had 21 and part 8 had 27 (+ whatever Milagro Man was).

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna know why those that cheap trick kills turn into tiny little dolls

He sucks out all of his current host life energy before moving to the new one.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Canon is a meaningless construct of the mind. A completely western one too.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

So this is the heir to Joest, the only son of a horse! Psychological stress lurks around the corner. I challenge you, Lord, the heir of King Jesus!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah there's no way that's just Google translate.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Only 35 years old and dying of cancer. :smith:

My father too died of cancer when he was only 30... it really doesn't care for your age. :smith:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

There are 22 Major Arcana and we WILL fight them. Every. Single. One.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Part 3 is very Monster of the Week, but it's oddly charming in how it's presented. It's weird, because Part 5 does the same thing but arguably better and with better characterization and I still find myself more enamored with Part 3.

The main cast is better (the part 5 people become way too serious and abrasive in some situations), there is more levity in general, and Jotaro is the Man With No Name.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I never understood why people are so obsessed by that line. It's not even that funny.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

He won against Kakyoin without using his powers, though. He IS good.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Or, true to his form, Kakyoin just sucks at it.
Nah. You don't suck at a game when you play like they did. and against Jotaro, D'Arby knew the weak points of all the batters in the game. He obviusly used his powers to cover his weaknesses, but he was good.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 10, 2022

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

to be real, the dude is old

???? Araki is 62.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bisse posted:

You know that’s just a year or two off from retirement age in most countries right?

My expected retirement age is 69.
Also, in general, I have an hard time thinking about someone on their 60 as "old". But that's more on me I suppose.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 3, 2022

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Maybe some of the nazi guards were Tarzan fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cwh_PBB5OU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

"少年", definitely a boy.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Elite posted:

And I think the overall story structure... just doesn’t work. Team Bruno spends half the story fighting off the rogue assassination squad whilst following Diavolo’s orders... then right as they’re about to complete their mission they suddenly turn traitor themselves and spend the second half of the story fighting off Diavolo loyalists. It’s like they’re deliberately trying to get into as many fights as possible for as little gain as possible.

Well, Trish was the switch that made them act, but Bruno and Giorno were always working for the boss with the intention of betraying him.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 22, 2023

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Part 5 takes place over like 5 days at most. So it makes sense it would feel fast paced.

9 days. from March 29 to April 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

eh. I really don't like the cast, for now. Let's see how much is left of the original characterization quirkiness in 2 years.