Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Funky Valentine posted:

Caato's Stand is Queen of the Stone Age for some reason.

Dammit, that's what I always wanted Kars' stand to be.

Edit: Also re: the King name theme, when you combine a family with King stands and a guy with a Queen stand, you get a guy with a Prince stand.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Didn’t the site of his grave become Shakedown Street? Or is that where he stashed Jesus before the CIA took him back?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I was talking to my friend watching the Golden Wind anime with me about the upcoming His Dark Materials HBO show about how it’s set in a world where everyone has a stand, and it’s about catholic priests who want to steal kids’ stands as part of a evil but arguably well-intentioned plot to change the cosmic order of fate and life and death.

It then occurred to me that that’s Pucci.

The girl just has Thoth/Hermit Purple, and the kid they add later has D4C. I guess.

Also: TBH while I love the characters and fights of Part 6, I kind of hate the plot because I have difficulty buying that Dio’s ultimate master plan was to create a world where nobody experienced ennui. Like why the gently caress would he even care.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Everything in Part 6 could have ended better if Jolyne just carried Versace up a mountain and fed him from a spring. It would have broken the Joestar/Brando curse.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Glad to know that Araki went to Sleep No More, the nonlinear interactive dialogue-free noir Macbeth retelling where everyone gets those playing cards and Black Sabbath masks.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How will they handle the FtM prisoner scene? Will they just include it because it’s Japan?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Mickey isn’t there because that’s clearly a Universal Studios brochure. They should be asking where the gently caress is Shrek.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Killer Queen is effective because only stand users can see or hear the explosions, and to normals it’s basically just vaporizing things, yeah?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Ok so the weird Warp mutation thing stopped after they killed Silver Chariot Requiem. I’d forgotten that there was an explanation given to that dumb poo poo, instead of just never being mentioned again.

Also I forgot that Spice Girl was ever seen again?

Honestly every single thing about this “fight” sequence is basically a blind watch for me since the poo poo translations and visual fidelity of the Buddhist Valley Scanlation didn’t do a great job of conveying to me that Diavolo’s soul was hiding in the gang and body-hopping, since while King Crimson is often just used as a stand-in for Diavolo himself for visual and talking scenes, it’s kind of confusing when everyone else’s internal thoughts are accompanied by a transparent image of their own real body next to their swapped body. Just like when the guys are superimposed over their new female bodies in Back Street Girls.

I think a few pages ago someone said that it would have been cool if the Diavolo persona “was” King Crimson?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Also I think I’ve decided I’m going to not read any more Jojolion till it’s done (last read around when that guy taught them to make tiramisu on his secret ski lift house) I think that to tie them in with the Pillar Men, the Rick Human leader should be revealed to be named Benjamin Ore.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Nephthys posted:

Speaking of, it's gonna be amazing to read people bitching over how bullshit GER is in 4 days time. :allears:

I want to see a word cloud of any anime-only discussion of this next episode, and see how big the word "bullshit" is.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How much are you going to say about exactly why part 7 is rebooting to 1890, with an alternate Jonathan who isn't a 100% match and isn't even British gentry?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I guess I have about 1.5 years or so to think of stupid jokes for the anime thread about how some of the Stone Ocean party members are criminals and scum.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Can someone who knows about western comics tell me, isn't what Gold Experience Requiem did to Diavolo basically Darkseid's Omega Sanction power?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Sort of. omega sanction makes you live out the worst possible lifetimes you could have forever, while diavolo is just experiencing death forever. It's still absolutely not heroic power.

It's really something worthy of someone much worse than Diavolo. Like Cioccolata. Or Funny Valentine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Josuke is a good boy who doesn’t kill his enemies, and in fact often befriends them. But if they threaten his mom, he subjects then to a fate worse than death.

I think that’s why Jotaro gets the final blow on Kira; so Josuke wouldn’t have to add a homicide to his scorecard.

If the cops found Diavolo’s body, I hope that doesn’t mean they found the homeless guy and took his sweet coat :ohdear: