Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

High Voltage is pretty underwhelming but I do really like that the fight is a horse race instead of a straight up battle.

In a way I feel alternate Diego just exists so there’s an enemy for the race’s final leg. And also so Lucy can kill him in a cool way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

C Moon is a good fight.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

They should do what Araki failed to and make him the traitor.

I don't think that light novel was as well received. Or at least it wasn't popular enough for someone to translate it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well dang, really?

I remember there being translations of Feedback and Jorge Joestar but I'd never heard that someone translated Golden Ring.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean at least Hot Pants was a real character that was used throughout the story. Kyo had one fight, disappeared for the rest of the comic then returned to die in the same chapter she showed back up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Amgard posted:

For those who read ch108

This chapter is fake as gently caress. Araki is trying to trick you. Nothing you saw happened. gently caress this fake rear end lie.

I dunno it seems real to me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm surprised it's got 2 chapters left in it honestly.

The whole "The real Jojolion was the friends we made along the way" thing kinda made me think we'd just have an epilogue chapter left.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I agree with Dio that Survivor is pretty lovely.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

multijoe posted:

I maintain Hey Ys being a confidence Stand was a retcon, it definitely knew things Pocoloco had no way of knowing like the animal skull behind the bushes

It just guessed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jojolion wasn't very good, probably the worst jojo part? But it's not the only part that I haven't liked so whatever. I'm down to read a Part 9 if Araki is still up for more.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Also this editor was entirely correct even if it resulted in the absolute bore that is Cell.

He was only correct about the clown tbh.

Anyway, Araki just shouldn't write mysteries.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's a sick line tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can see Annasui saying "If there's no Bugs, this poo poo ain't Warner!".

It won't be the same though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think the anime fans have seen the ending yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Annasui is pretty hilarious post breakout tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's Gravity.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't care for Stone Ocean's ending but saying it was designed for people to react negatively to it is silly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arist posted:

I guess I just don't think Araki is dumb enough to think "people are really gonna like me killing off all of my protagonists in one panel."

I think Araki figured it was a strong thematic ending to the story he was telling with that stuff about gravity and fate and poo poo. The whole Made in Heaven fight is lame and bad but I don't think Araki was working from the idea "Wow, everyone's gonna hate this"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Jolyne turning into butterflies will look cool animated.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

either the events of the series happened and they didn't actually escape their fate and died horribly to give birth to a new universe with their 'souls' or the things that happened didn't happen and they escaped their fate of having to fight weird stand battles, there's no 'both'

They happened in your heart and the memories will always be with you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anyway I like Sleeping Slaves and what it's going for even if I think it doesn't work all too well as an ending and definitely doesn't really do anything to add to how the King Crimson fight just kinda blows.

I guess I feel the same way about Part 6. I like the whole vibe of how even as weird reincarnations that have no history with eachother and are seemingly distinct people the strange force of 'Gravity' still pushes the gang together against all odds, but Made in Heaven is still a bad fight and "escaping the curse of the Joestar legacy" doesn't land for me because for the most part the Jojos all seem pretty alright with the poo poo they get up to and Irene not having a birthmark or great destiny doesn't really feel like a huge relief or whatever.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

I'm glad this guy gets to share his fanfic to a large audience

This tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Finished the chapter and I genuinely dig the idea of Dio's remaining henchmen being haunted by his ghost (metaphorically of course).

Cool spinoff concept.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pharohman777 posted:

The author of the jolyne one shot is getting death threats on twitter unfortunately.
Look at the replies and quote retweets of the below tweet.

You're gonna need to try a lot harder than that to trick me into reading some twitter replies.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cool episode

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He is extremely deadly and probably pretty hosed up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All the new comics are canon.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, I kinda forgot to keep up with that. But catching up and I like it a lot.

I thought the whole angle of the comic looking at how Dio's goons were traumatised by him was gonna be mostly in the set up but its a more present theme than I expected, and it's interesting to explore. There's some fun stuff here.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I still can’t believe the way Jojolion ended. I’m really hoping Jojolands is more of a direct sequel than usual, cause Jojolion felt like it still needed one more arc.

No. Leave it behind.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know if i'd call Johnny an rear end in a top hat. He's not that bad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

gently caress this

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Planet Waves is a super sick fight tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He attacked Josuke's mom is the difference.

There's no forgiveness for that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There were many people in this thread denying it was the final battle even after it finished.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fate is a sleeping slave.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I want to see all of sbr animated.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It means new Giorno still has a stand that deals with animals

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The best part of Jojolion was people trying to convince themselves it wasn’t ending even after Yasuho said “the real Jojolion was the friends we made along the way”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Did anyone actually think Damo was final boss material?

He was a good fight and fun guy but nothing about him screamed "long-term main villain"