Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Did Polnareff get shown this early in the manga?

There are eight episodes of the anime left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Augus posted:

Part 6 has at least two big points in its favor
1) It has Jolyne, the coolest JoJo
2) It has the greatest panel in manga history

Would Weather even know what a Mickey is? He lost his memories after all

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Expect My Mom posted:

iirc Weather gets his memories back before he leaves the prison. that's what inspires him to leave. I feel like I remember Weather getting his Joestar birthmark and then being able to sense where Pucci is so he's ready to leave and Anasui is like "we gotta wait for Jolyne man!" but he doesn't listen.

e:ah okay, I might be conflating Weather getting his personality back but not knowing everything. He knows that he has a connection to Pucci but there's a scene where he's confused how to use a normal sink because it's not like the prisons

e2: yeah you're right my bad, I totally forgot about the other part of Bohemian Rhapsody, where if you meet a character your like, your soul is taken out and takes on the role of that character in their story, that's why Anasui gets getting his soul ripped and Weather is just "man these characters are annoying"

e3: this manga is so loving stupid

That's not the worst one lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Waffleman_ posted:

Due to Disney's licensing demands, the Stone Ocean anime will instead change it to the much less expensive Universal Studios

WHERE THE gently caress ARE MINIONS

Uh, actually, Stone Ocean takes place in 2011, a year after the first Despicable Me movie, and Anasui's rea

wait gently caress does that mean Bohemian Rhapsody made minions real??

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I can't believe Speed King actually does something

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Can Of Worms posted:

I can't believe Holly got namedropped.

Who?????

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

There's that stand that just grows hair on things and I don't think that had a good combination.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

DID Angelo live forever as a rock, anyway? I'd think he'd at least die of thirst in a couple days or something.

Rocks don't need to drink, dummy!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Pootybutt posted:

Diavolo(or Giorno ftm)

Interesting theory

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I can't wait for the colored manga to get released, so I'll be able to make heads or tails of what's happening.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
„Self-described surfer”

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vookatos posted:

So we've talked about the worst stand fight, but how about the best?

Sky High

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Just burgin

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Akefu is this universe's Tonio

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Jolyne would have shot the baby but it’d take her a while

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
How the gently caress is attacking the construx insect a pursuit of the head doctor. It doesn't make any loving sense.

Also I'm glad it's been confirmed that stands can wear clothes.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh? You're not approaching me? Instead of pursuing me, you're gonna sit in place?

I can't beat the poo poo out of you by getting closer

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MachuPikacchu posted:

Wouldn’t Born This Way be a hard counter to Tooru’s stand? It’s a pursuit-type stand, but it doesn’t actually pursue, it just teleports to wherever you are.

No ya dingus
Akefu doesn’t open doors, he just walks through the wall

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
thinking about this amazing lineup of human (homo sapiens) "women"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Ok, I bought the latest Ultra Jump on the way home and realized that I was an idiot and reading the translation wrong. When HWMN’s translation said “make places that give rock humans special powers as their homes,” I interpreted it as making a place so they could live there instead of living in those special places (which already existed). I was probably the only one though!

For the record the text is “岩人間に特別の力を与えてくれる特別の場所こそが真の棲み家なのである,” which I believe is translated right but maybe a bit awkwardly phrased in the scans. I would have phrased it as “their true habitat is places that give the rock humans special powers.” So nothing about the Devil’s Palms or Morioh is caused by the rock humans, the rock humans just live around there.

EDIT: Outside of having to look up some vocabulary I’m surprisingly understanding this better than the English translation so far, lol.

HWMN is comprised of rock humans which is why their translations have nothing in common with the way humans speak

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

overmind2000 posted:

Anubis and Dragon's Dream were sentient to the point of being able to think and have personalities separate from their user but Wonder of U is ahead of them by being able to have a career independent of its user (probably)

the capitalist stand

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FirstAidKite posted:

Nah that's Milagro Man

Milagro Man is actually the working man’s stand as it makes people despise the rich.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Giorno’s hair turned yellow because he drinks piss and likes it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Am I insane or did we know the reveal of this chapter for like three years by now?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

overmind2000 posted:

"Umm... so, personally... this is the first time this has happened, so I'm a bit surprised. Only a centimeter away... I mean, I don't think there's ever been someone who's gotten that close to me... without a, you know... calamity occurring. I'm not really... not really sure what happens at one centimeter away... 'cause it's my first time. I don't really understand it either. Seriously. But in the flow of calamity... there's nobody who can attack me. Not a single person. That, I know for sure. Wonder of U."

Tooru seriously tried to get his own back by flexing on them with his Stand's name. Best main villain speech in the entire series

It looks really bad when you see it put in one line instead of ten pages. I guess that's a failsafe of a manga writing. goblin week.

Torquemadras posted:

I have genuine difficulty following what Dadada was doing throughout this chapter

The colored edition might shed some light on that, because Jojolion is the first non-colorized Jojo I'm reading and boy oh boy is Araki's style weird with this part's high kinetic energy.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

on that note: Jesus Christ has a Stand and he's an rear end in a top hat

Jesus dying for our sins is basically Love Train in reverse

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'm sad we didn't get to see Small Paisley Park :(

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Her mom’s at the hospital she probably had a lot of occasions to touch things and people

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Arist posted:

Eh, I've heard plenty of cases where voices have changed dramatically. But I'm basically just saying it's offputting because it's too good an impression. It would take me a while to notice the difference if I wasn't actively looking for nuances. It's totally a personal reaction, and I don't even have a huge problem with it because the old take on the character was solid, it's just... weird.

It’s called acting

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I wish JJL was just a liiiittle bit better

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You guys are just making poo poo up and calling it a Jojolion scene. I'm onto you.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
...what happened to Jobin? The last thing I remember was him Speed Kinging Norisuke

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
wonder of uwu

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FirstAidKite posted:

Still hoping Yasuho discovers she can attach nuts and bolts to cyberspace now or something like that

Nut Bing Call

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i am at a loss for words

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
this fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week