Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sometimes i find a video of someone playing the microsoft puzzle collection's Finty Flush just for one of the songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDzynD3tUw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I mean pick just about any song from this game but,

https://youtu.be/NknjE2SBPxw

I still have the Blood and Wine soundtrack stuck in my head from back when I played this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Listening to the music is hyping me up to start a new playthrough.

i know i don't have the hours to do every quest but i also know if i play it, i'm gonna do every single quest. i was playing this with my brother on gaming saturdays but we've moved to doing games remotely now. :(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I forgot about this game. I never finished it, I think we rented it. It did have a kickin' soundtrack.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BrownianMotion posted:

also terranigma is pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnFQU29LHeM and feels like its in the same vein

Still saving it for a rainy day, but if they ever give it a legit NA release or do a Quintet trilogy, I'll probably pay full price for it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

I'm going to marathon them some Sunday this summer. Soul Blazer is one of my favorite games of all time but I've only played the others sparingly.

Soul Blazer is weirdly comfortable compared to the other two because it's actually kind of repetitive, but somehow not in an annoying way. there's also pretty much nothing you can miss, whereas half the time i play Illusion of Gaia, I end up missing a red gem or one half a health point unless i'm following a guide. the health point thing (it's always Mu) is a minor annoyance, but you miss the whole bonus dungeon if you don't get all the gems.

i'm worried terranigma will go further down that road, kind of, but i guess i'll find out.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like, there's one red gem you have to get by going in and out of a cave until a fisherman appears in one of three spots, in a place you can't return to. i'm not sure how you're supposed to know about that without a guide. the game still owns, but it sucks how easy it is to miss the dungeon that literally has a Soul Blazer boss to tie things together.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's like an early mike era MST3K sketch song

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i still unconsciously whistle the larai cliff melody when i'm doing the dishes sometimes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

both bevis and butthead in this scenario are eric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it seemed to be easier to just include the soundtrack on a separate disc in the case, there were a lot of games that did that