Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's so semi-random and semi-zany!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

In all honesty though put your full name in (first, middle, last).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I spoke to Transformer and it wrote me a poem.

Completion

Me: Hello
Transformer:
Hey you don't have to be there
Girl: OK i'll be there
Girl: Hi
Transformer: Hello!
Transformer: Can I touch you?
Girl: Yes, of course You can touch my legs
Transformer: OK now i can see your panties
Transformer: Please look at my breasts...
Girl: What? No..
Girl: Can i touch them?
Transformer: No problem
Transformer: But..
Transformer: But we're having sex.
Girl: OK...
Girl: I don't want to take off my clothes
Man: Can i touch you?
Man: OK let me touch you
Transformer: How do you think we're touching my genitals?
Transformer: Well...
Transformer: It feels good baby.
Transformer: Did you see that?
Girl: That...that is not good
Girl: That's a big cock?
Girl: It feels more like an old man
Transformer: Are you sure?
Transformer: Don't move...
Girl: OK...

e:

Jesus: Be nice to others and share things. Act civil while still obeying the Lord. In brief; calm down, keep it real, and things will be fine.
People: I don't get it.
Jesus:
Peace be unto you, and peace be unto the Father.
People: Jesus Christ, that doesn't make sense... Why do you mean this to me?
Jesus: Because you're wrong, and I'm right.
People: But, what about me?
Jesus: Don't hold me responsible for that!
People: Jesus, you're wrong... I mean... Jesus is right about me being wrong, right?
Jesus: I really am, but you're wrong to think that means that I'm wrong about you. I really am.
People: But, then why is that...
Jesus: It's because you're wrong. It wasn't me, so I'm right.
People: Huh...

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 18, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Entering random commands into it is fun..

e: "Hmm, yes, I see. Exactly the results I expected computer, thank you."

ls -l 5 .

This prints:

$ ls -l -l 5 /home/foo/ /home/bar -l /home/foo 5 +-------+---+----------+---------------------------------------+ +-------+---+----------+ | id | format | +-------+---+----------+ | /home/foo | /home/bar | +-------+---+----------+

We can now see that our configuration is correct: the hosts file is not being generated per hostname, it's the namespace.

Step 4 – Run the commands to create host namespaces /etc/haproxy/interfaces/hosts .

Create /etc/haproxy/interfaces.conf . Run the following:

host { # ... host.address-family = "host " host.vlan-type = "1" host.vlan-name = "VLAN1" host.mode = "auto" host.group= "foo.proto-id" }

Our final configuration file should look like this when run:

host { # hosts { static-ip-address-family = "localhost" static-host = "http://127.0

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 20, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

So he ran, as fast as he could.

:stare:

And I ran
I ran so far away
I just
got started
And so I got to my mom
(Chorus)
She said she saw me running away,
She saw me run away, she just smiled,
She just said I was a good boy
(Chorus)
I'm no dummy
I'm in the best shape of my life
I'm a good boy
Chorus:I'm no dummyI'm in the best shape of my lifeI'm a good boy
Chorus:I'm no dummy (Chorus)
Chorus:I'm no dummy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I want a Cooking Totoro anime body pillow

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

And now, "...get on with it Tybalt." A play in which Tybalt won't shut the gently caress up.

What, drawn and talk of peace? I hate the word as I hate hell, all Montagues, and have told every one of thee (though she was the only one I know, who has been the object of mine attentions) to bear my word in this regard, and to tell thee that I have taken them, and that they are, however of little service to me, the most fortunate gifts I have ever had, and what I now possess is to know, so far as that I can, what this peace is to consist of, whether a mere promise of peace, whether peace on the part of the whole earth or of any particular nation or country, whether it be by the will of a great god or by the will of princes or governors, whether it be of the kings within or of the kings without, or by the will of the king as far as his subjects are concerned, or if it be by the will of the king as far as he himself is concerned.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Trump tweets that he built a submarine by hand to sink the Lusitania.

"That's right, I built a submarine by the book, using a lot of manual labor as opposed to using an actual submarine – but I just got my boat back and it's back to work, for good.

"Let's use some words to describe it: a real masterpiece. I know what you're thinking: what kind of a submarine is that?"

The next day, Donald Jr. tweeted that he had found the body of General George Patton during the battle of the Somme.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Trump tweets out details of his spirit quest to Gettysburg Battlefield site.

It's hard not to find parallels between Trump's recent tour of places he once called sacred, from the White House's Old Post Office in Washington, D.C., to the Gettysburg battlefield itself. Trump's visit to Gettysburg will take him through the site where he claims that his troops once fired on the Confederates and led Confederate soldiers to victory.

"In September of 1863, I visited the Gettysburg Battlefield and the Valley of the Heroes where the famous 'Sieg Heil' banner was hoisted on a white flag before surrendering to Union troops during the Civil War," Trump tweeted Sunday morning.

On Saturday, Trump sent out photos of himself and a group and a video from the battlefield, calling it a "tremendous place," and saying that in his tour, "I will see something that no previous president has ever seen and something no president has ever done."

Trump has a penchant for visiting historic areas. Earlier this week, after touring a park in Texas, Trump said, "I like beautiful places with little crowds." After he visited the White House in August, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said there hasn't been a big crowds since the president became president last month.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eat at Pretzel Jacks!
Our Pats are Cats!

That place sure loves its pretzles and cat dishes, man.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look at those Authentic recommendations, I'm goin!!

Eat at Pretzel Jacks!
Our Pats are Cats!

best snack, pats, and pretzle Menu item - Description:

We are offering a 5 course meal with 2 options, 1. Our special choice for our fans who come from out of town, a classic Italian Style pizza with an omelette (it does not get better than this!!), 2. Our classic pretzle patties. 2. A special appetizer special ordering of fries, bacon, chili, onions and coleslaw with house-made pretzel crackers on the side.

AUTHENTICITY: We are now a member of the following groups, as well as several friends & family (from our hometown in Florida): the National Pretzel Association (PAT-USA), The American Pretzel Association/PAT-Florida, America's Best Pretzel, Best Pretzel in the World, Dank Biscuits, The City Snacks Group, Foodie Tuna and Dank Biscuit. The Pretzel Chef, Dank Biscuits and Dank Biscuit on the board of the Board of directors

CAREFULLY MACHINE MADE, WE ONLY USE COOKIES. The food is prepared to the highest standard and our dough is made to your standards before the bake process. We have not used any oil,

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

World famous sushi-pretzel and snowboard resort debuts new mascot after failing to attract any tourists

The new "sushi-pretzel" mascot is part of a global effort to revitalize the city's name, which was once synonymous with the sufi-influenced music of Iran and Libya.

The Sushi restaurant has won the top prize in the international competition for the city's name.

'Beware of the sushi-pretzel' slogan was used on the restaurant website for months in preparation for the restaurant's debut

The Suhi Restaurant opened on Nov. 9. The menu includes traditional sushi dishes, such as schnitzels and chicken parmigiano-reggiano.

The new mascot is part of a global effort to revitalize the city's name, which was once synonymous with the sufi-influenced music of Iran and Libya.

"It's a great challenge for our team. It's good that the new mascot has reached a good level, despite the challenges," said Mujtaba Mohammad, the president of the Greater sushi Council of Kuwait.

He said that although the new mascot was first proposed last year, its name was decided years ago -- because it was very popular with Kuwaitis from the Middle East who travel to the country.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waiting for Godot takes a VERY interesting turn of events...

Vladimir: I don't understand.
Estragon: Use your intelligence, can't you?
Vladimir uses his intelligence.
Vladimir:
No. [BBC's note: lmao]
Estragon: What about your ability to read minds?
Vladimir: Well, they are probably trying to do that, but I can't read my mind. I don't know what they want me to do.
Estragon: Why haven't you asked me that?
Vladimir: I don't have time to do that. When we were children, our uncle was born in Siberia. I went there on my own and started studying in the country. During my studies, I saw something very horrible. I didn't understand it. When I returned home, my uncle's family came to see me and said they wanted me to stay with them because my knowledge would make them rich.
If I couldn't tell them this, they would destroy my family.
Vladimir has seen an event. His eyes have opened.
Estragon: Is that an old man?
Vladimir: Well, not from the beginning, but since I've become an adventurer, I've become older. I don't remember all of this anymore. In these last few days, I've never seen a human being with eyes as big as mine.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"I'd say it's more like a clown suit with a farting clown inside of it. But I guess that's not exactly the same thing." Said the Clown Farts Man.

I could do nothing but nod in sympathy, and he said, "The clown suit you describe is one of about 100 or so designs that have been submitted for the prestigious American Clown of the Year pageant held each year in the state of Florida. I've never even heard of it. But it's the biggest of the biggest clown costumes I've seen, and the best part is that it's totally open to interpretation."

Well, yeah. I suppose that one is a bit too much, but hey, it's one of a kind.

Next, I was asked to look for the "Clown Of the Year." I got to looking at pictures of contestants and the list quickly got to six or seven finalists, who were all men. I decided that if any real clowns were ever going to come forward to get the award, these would be the first ones.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kennel posted:

Undertaker threw Mankind from the top of the structure and sent him crashing through the Spanish announcers' table, which triggered announcer Jim Ross to famously shout, "Good God almighty! Good God almighty! That killed him!" and "As God as my witness, he is broken in half!"

But a few moments later, the lights were turned on and an exhausted announcer noted that "Hulk Hogan had already been done by the time he hit the roof."

With Hulk Hogan dead, it became clear that the Hulkster's fate was sealed.

"And now I have a big question for you, Mr. McMahon," continued Ross. "Mr. McMahon, have Hulk Hogan's dead body been moved?"

"I told you, we had to wait for the lights to change, remember? That was a miracle right there: Hulk Hogan being dead," interrupted John Laurinaitis.

To which McMahon responded, "Yes it was. Well what was it in the meantime? What was it like to wake up and find Hulk Hogan's dead body?

...holy crap is this a great idea. I'm stealing this in a bit.
e:

Vince: I don't think The Rock has the stones to be here tonight.
Crowd: BOOO
Vince: In fact, I don't think he's got the STONES to face Kamala in the ring..EVER, and
*suddenly the rocks theme music hits!*
The Rock: Vince you rooty tooty
, your son will be a star, the Stone Cold Stunner
The Rock slams Vince back down on his stomach and he turns away.
Vince: I have been on a journey for a decade to get to this point...
The Rock: You said I have the stones, but who is holding him down? Is this my destiny?
The Rock: No.
Vince: How?
The Rock: He is not my destiny, this is my destiny. To prove people wrong, to prove everyone wrong
Bizarre chants start coming from the crowd and Vince jumps up and runs towards the ring

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 20, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This thing is loving hilarious for wrestling match summaries.

"His face is a crimson mask!" shouts JR. Mankind rolls around on thumbtacks as Undertaker picks up a chair and walks over to get in the ring; Undertaker looks like he's gonna hurt his wrist when he hears the bell.

1. Triple H vs. Rey Mysterio

The "Stone Cold" Steve Austin has been called into the ring as Rey Mysterio comes out. He comes out and the bell rings, Triple H and Mysterio go to the ring. Rey Mysterio gets into the ring, but he's surrounded by Undertaker, Triple H, Austin and the announcers. The announcers give us the crowd chants, Triple H says that the "King" has a thing for "the Big Boss" and he wants to beat him and leave him out of the ring for two weeks. Rey Mysterio gets out quickly and is surrounded by the wrestlers; all the crowd chants "Undertaker! Undertaker! Undertaker!"

John Cena comes out and yells "What the hell is this!" To which the announcer replies "It's a commercial for The Coca-Cola Company."

"What the poo poo is that all about?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Solar panels, but for dogs ," added Karsan.

If this turns out to be a success, the scientists will have created the world's most efficient solar panel, with an efficiency of more than 10.

To achieve this, the team's researchers took one part of the solar membrane from a common type of silicon solar cell made by Samsung and used it to create two more layers of solar cells.

This enabled them to create a device that could harvest sunlight without any external processing and then convert the energy generated to electricity.

The team then tested their solar panel on a sheep and found that it could generate enough energy to run a dog's life for three days.

And a dog's lifetime of four days may not be considered excessive by some scientists, although Karsan admits that his dog is still in his early stages of development.

However, he believes that such energy harvesting technology is possible for all animals.

He told the BBC: "When you grow humans, you grow sheep and cattle. All these animals can be used as a starting point for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

With the help of one of Karsan Labs' alumni in the design field, the team created the design for the dog collar for the dog. By placing two separate buttons on the dog collar, this creates an external switch to which the dog can attach the collar wirelessly. This design allows the dog to have two separate "states" to carry out his commands simultaneously. This is one of the most important features of the ROKD.

In addition to the button, the collar has a retractable collar pad which is designed to slide onto the dog's head when it needs a quick check. The collar pads allow the user to feel and adjust the comfort level of the ROKD. This comfort level also contributes to the collar being more comfortable and less likely to fall out.