Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Can we talk about how Jeremy Saville looks like the human version of Jerry Smith of Rick and Morty? Same initials too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Jim Long-un posted:

do you ever think about how a huge portion of our media culture is an obscene ouroboros of entertainment products engineered to provoke a predictable response fed by ancillary media projects like opinion columns and talk shows and youtube channels that exist just to stoke interest and sell ad space for the next pile of poo poo coming down the pipeline, and all these enterprises are staffed by huge numbers of people whose job it is to manufacture utter bullshit that fades away all but entirely mere moments after it's secreted into the collective consciousness, and for all the importance it has in its moment, to the livelihoods of the people working on it and the people who consume it, nobody is steering this ship. everyone is just trying to make money, and this is the organic result, just a constant barrage of increasingly stale cultural farts. Avengers: Endgame took like four and a half years to make, moved billions of dollars, animated millions of people and two weeks after release its cultural moment has all but expired. four and a half years from now it will be a meaningless cultural artifact and all the listicles, hype articles, showcases, previews, hype videos, speculation videos, unboxing videos, etc will be utterly forgotten as if they never existed

:tif:

Society of the Spectacle

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Saville missed an opportunity to salvage this by re-editing it to be about a frustrated filmmaker making Loqueesha in sort of a Curb Your Enthusiasm vein.

But no, Mr. I'm An Auteur Hitting the Big Issues has to let his own hubris get the best of him.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Egbert Souse posted:

Saville missed an opportunity to salvage this by re-editing it to be about a frustrated filmmaker making Loqueesha in sort of a Curb Your Enthusiasm vein.

But no, Mr. I'm An Auteur Hitting the Big Issues has to let his own hubris get the best of him.

Just tell Tim Burton that Saville has major daddy/abandonment issues, and he would Ed Wood this fucker in less than a year.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I'm surprised a Jeremy Saville parody account hasn't popped up yet

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I think some people would rather take a bullet or be a pariah than admit to a mistake. This owns.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

:eyepop:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/neverlloydweber/status/1127224042656759808

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

/thread

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Alan Smithee posted:

From Triumph of the Will to Loqueesha

the white race is going downhill

They're not sending their best

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Dimwitted rich kids/southerners keep getting blasted for doing blackface and when confronted they say 'when was the last time blackface was even in films?' and welp lmao

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently the film has been released on Amazon Prime.

Here's Double Toasted's review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFL8QwRuC44

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's Double Toasted's review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFL8QwRuC44

I like how Loqueesha managed to exceed my initial expectations of shittiness
case in point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFL8QwRuC44&t=755s
DUDE JUST RE SHOOT THE SCENE

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/MetalDave815/status/1131020882254749696

https://twitter.com/realHawkRipjaw/status/1131062484826112000

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
After seeing these clips I can't wait to get home and see this fine film

https://twitter.com/occamsrancor/status/1131005657468022784

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tato posted:

HOW IS HIS FACE REAL???

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I wonder if any amount of weed will make this movie bearable, or if it will just make me angry while stoned and therefore defeating the purpose.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Loqueesha, pleas show bobh and vagine.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Oh mahatma hatma hatma noo noo noo oh my curry tikka masala doo doo doo!

That guy’s dopey facial expressions and gestures when he goes into his unfunny racist impressions are spot on. He really nailed the character.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Just heard about this on Your Mom's House and..... i mean holy poo poo, I gotta see this movie.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The main character guy looks like Ed Gein made a mask out of Todd Glass's face.

AbsurdHeroine
Feb 27, 2007

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

shut up netface posted:

DUDE JUST RE SHOOT THE SCENE

Wow.

What was the original line? Was it them saying just 'phones' or...?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Plan Z posted:

The main character guy looks like Ed Gein made a mask out of Todd Glass's face.

:laffo:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

AbsurdHeroine posted:

Wow.

Iphones

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

AbsurdHeroine posted:

Wow.

I think it was “iphones” and they were worried about apple suing them or something

E beat

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

OH NO HE DINT!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This new Sonic movie seems very problematic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tato posted:

So many people looked at this footage and said "hell yes, release this and put our names on it".

Burn a film studios to the loving ground

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This fuckin dude is like every white American boomer stereotype rolled into one big ball of entitled Dunning-Kruger

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
This is.... real? I thought this was a bad joke/performance art/anything else

:psyduck:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Countdown until Amazon finds out what this movie is and pulls it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This fuckin dude is like every white American boomer stereotype rolled into one big ball of entitled Dunning-Kruger

Dude is angry about affirmative action for sure. I still have hardly watched any of his product but it's crystal clear.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

HOW IS HIS FACE REAL???
he goes from one unnatural expression to another. its unsettling

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

dropping dunning-kruger sorta became pointless once the people it applies to found out about it and started trying to use it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Loqueesha guy should just get a bunch of disgraced celebs together for a low budget movie.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

Loqueesha guy should just get a bunch of disgraced celebs together for a low budget movie.

dafuq you think loqueesha is?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Tato posted:

That’s a little voice he does...calls him Dago Frank.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Honky Dong Country posted:

dafuq you think loqueesha is?

I've been asking myself that question for a week now and I'm still struggling to find an answer

Edit: by the way, if people are wondering how the movie ends that gets answered in that Double Toasted review that was posted earlier, apparently at the end of the film it becomes public knowledge that Loqueesha is actually a white dude and the radio station's fans vote on whether he should be fired, he should continue as himself or he should keep doing his Loqueesha voice and the vote gets split between "be yourself" and "be Loqueesha" so he continues doing the radioshow as both personalities, switching randomly between the two voices, and everyone's happy with that.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 24, 2019

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've been asking myself that question for a week now and I'm still struggling to find an answer

Edit: by the way, if people are wondering how the movie ends that gets answered in that Double Toasted review that was posted earlier, apparently at the end of the film it becomes public knowledge that Loqueesha is actually a white dude and the radio station's fans vote on whether he should be fired, he should continue as himself or he should keep doing his Loqueesha voice and the vote gets split between "be yourself" and "be Loqueesha" so he continues doing the radioshow as both personalities, switching randomly between the two voices, and everyone's happy with that.

:d2a:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Dude is angry about affirmative action for sure. I still have hardly watched any of his product but it's crystal clear.

This is for sure a guy who's vocalized how unfair it is that only blacks can say the n word