Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I went with a guy that works in the film industry and loving hates everything and he loved it.

If you want a Pokemon anime you will be disappointed; if you want a mix of Blade Runner with Roger Rabbit visuals and a magical realism kinda story you will not throw a fit like a weeb at the end of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i'm glad that you had a nice date but do they show pikachu's dick?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

i'm glad that you had a nice date but do they show pikachu's dick?

no but mewtwos tail looks kinda like a weird dick if that's your thing

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Imagine telling yourself a decade ago a live action pikachu movie with ryan reynolds would be legit heartwarming and good.

like that is the most absurd sentence but here we are.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

Imagine telling yourself a decade ago a live action pikachu movie with ryan reynolds would be legit heartwarming and good.

yeah like I don't know how to feel about liking that movie so much as a grown man in my mid 30's, but I really liked it a lot and it made me happy inside

but at least I wasn't the three weebs booing it in the theater when the credits rolled who bitched through the entire movie about the loving anime and how the pokemon didn't look how they're supposed to

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I haven’t seen it but lmao at comparing a movie starring Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu to Blade Runner.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Quite A Tool posted:

I haven’t seen it but lmao at comparing a movie starring Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu to Blade Runner.

that's not what I said though? learn to read

you definitely are a tool

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

get this....

it's pikachu..... but......

he's a detective!!!!!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I detected zero gay sex scenes and thus I sentence each and every person in the theater and Pikachu himself to everlasting pain I darn you to heck

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I detected zero gay sex scenes and thus I sentence each and every person in the theater and Pikachu himself to everlasting pain I darn you to heck

that's cumshitter's gimmick but not as funny and I didn't get any financial advice

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MrQwerty posted:

that's cumshitter's gimmick but not as funny and I didn't get any financial advice

No idea who that is

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I watched it on YouTube it was really repetitive. Cute though

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I detected zero gay sex scenes

Turn off your monitor.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I’ve heard of ‘gotta catch’em all’, but with Detective Pikachu in the house it sounds like he’s ‘gotta solve’em all’!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk if I want to be a grown up dude watching pokemon in the theater

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

My theater last night was like 90% adults, you’ll be fine my dude

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That's even worse! You don't want to be in a closed room with adults who watch this stuff.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's even worse! You don't want to be in a closed room with adults who watch this stuff.

jesus christ it's not like it's Sonic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just sit next to a kid and lean down and whisper every once in a while, people will think it is your kid

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
We are taking the kids today assuming they behave themselves and help us do chores this morning. Will report back.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Just sit next to a kid and lean down and whisper every once in a while, people will think it is your kid

lmao

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
If god wanted me to see his movie he wouldn’t have taken my children away in that terrible me leaving them in a hot unventilated car while I played warhammer at the hobby shop all day accident.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Im going to see it this afternoon with my nieces

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i had a real fun experience at the theatre seeing all the pokemon and reliving the nostalgia of the first movie, but if i think too hard about it after-the-fact it all falls apart like a house of cards

so i'm choosing not to think to hard about it

but really why did the bad guy need to make everyone pokemon? they just did that to have an excuse for the RR dad reveal, it woulda be just as cool a movie if it was that the bad guy wanted to steal mewtwo's body and pikachu and RR would have had the same motivations but instead RR is kidnapped or some poo poo and mewtwo put RR's spirit in pikachu to help him find his son, whammo blammo

goddamit nooooooo i'm falling into the hoooooole

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

im not going to see it as i am neither a child nor mentally incompetent

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

im not going to see it as i am neither a child nor mentally incompetent

Strong disagree with the second part.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

StrangersInTheNight posted:

but really why did the bad guy need to make everyone pokemon?

I couldn't figure this out either. I was split between "it cures my incurable disease so this is good for everybody" and "I have a final solution for humanity" type thing, except it couldn't have affected anyone outside Rime City anyway so :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

StrangersInTheNight posted:

i had a real fun experience at the theatre seeing all the pokemon and reliving the nostalgia of the first movie, but if i think too hard about it after-the-fact it all falls apart like a house of cards

so i'm choosing not to think to hard about it

but really why did the bad guy need to make everyone pokemon? they just did that to have an excuse for the RR dad reveal, it woulda be just as cool a movie if it was that the bad guy wanted to steal mewtwo's body and pikachu and RR would have had the same motivations but instead RR is kidnapped or some poo poo and mewtwo put RR's spirit in pikachu to help him find his son, whammo blammo

goddamit nooooooo i'm falling into the hoooooole

He didn't need to, he WANTED to

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

If god wanted me to see his movie he wouldn’t have taken my children away in that terrible me leaving them in a hot unventilated car while I played warhammer at the hobby shop all day accident.

Between the two warhammer is a bigger commitment so I’d call this a gray area

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009
I have tickets for it on Tuesday night. I'm excited.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i watched mean streets last night

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WatermelonGun posted:

i watched mean streets last night

What did you think of the deaths at the end

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Tom Gorman posted:

No, we're not there yet. I know poo poo's bad right now, but we're still nowhere near that point, come on.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MrQwerty posted:

but at least I wasn't the three weebs booing it in the theater when the credits rolled who bitched through the entire movie about the loving anime and how the pokemon didn't look how they're supposed to

don't you dare talk to me or my real doll wives like that, we heard the movie was called dick pikachu and we were extremely disappointed to say the least

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I’m going to see it today after buying my car, I’m looking forward to it. My son made a Detective Pikachu drawing and brought it with him, he’s so excited.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

At the cinema about to watch it

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What did you think of the deaths at the end

i’m legit confused no one explicitly dies? except johnny he’s prolly gonna die. but it doesn’t really matter the story ends and they’re all hosed.

it’s a good movie i’ve seen it a few times now but i think i’ve been drinking each of those times.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

So lemme guess the bad guy wants to liberate the pokemon but our imperialistic slaver hero saves the day again by keeping sentient beings enslaved and forced to fight in gladiator combat.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The ads aren’t even over and I’m already having second thoughts about this. The screen is full of some of the gooniest motherfuckers alive and it reeks of BO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You should have put on some deodorant :smuggo: