Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

From a strictly business outlook I can see why Millar would get a chance to do something radical, he's quite successful.
BUT WHY WASN'T HE STOPPED FOR THREE FULL YEARS?!
Is there absolutely not one person in Avatar who reads the comics and they only found out by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sure, but couldn't they have ashcanned the whole thing or even just force him to get a co-writer? Anything but put their logo proudly on it as if it's worth reading.

I just read through Crossed +100 and while I recommend just the first 6 issues, it's conceivable that low rent gore fetishists could enjoy the rest of it.

The unfunnies seem like the sort of stuff only a serial killer could enjoy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Turnes out that following the authors is the strategy to pick: the original Crossed by Garth Ennis were cool and good and I lost interest in the franchise after he left, I only came back to +100 because Alan Moore.

I actually liked Wanted quite a bit but there's no denying that in got lost up it's own a as by the end, and now that I see first hand what Millar does when he's given permission to go hog wild I can understand why.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Avatar has a thing about starting an engrossing series with top shelf writer and artist and then replacing them with complete hacks.
It's like I lease you a Cadillac and four months later switch it for a cheap Subaru.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If you need some sketchy electroshock treatment to wipe it back I might know a guy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Comfort yourself that you can still feel such impassioned revoltion at this, my sadbrain is just emotionally dead to it.

I doubt that Mark Millar actually learned this much from this failure, I think eventually his ego will build up to dangerous levels again and he'll go super-critical.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How meta.
The upshot of all that is that you should watch Too Many Cooks instead of reading this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Alan Moore's Providence (and the two preceding lovecraft comics) is horrendously edgy, but he did manage to add something interesting to the Cth'ulu mythos.
He didn't just make child rape jokes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mark Millar is basically what would happen to the Dominic Deagan guy if he made it big.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You can always tell when the artist doesn't give a gently caress
Contrast this with a massive work of labor such as Cuphead, cartoon art can be amazing.

E: not that I hold it against anyone working with Millar for not giving a gently caress.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm honestly way more angry about the twit than anything and everything Mark ever published.

E: Goat licking is not as bad as Farage licking.