Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm stealing this from "Evolution" on the F4W Board.

A guy called into Wade Keller's show last night. Take this FWIW. He said he has few friends that's a member of creative and he shared this:

- Nobody should ever rip WWE creative. They have some brilliant and cool ideas. They have 1 month, 3 month, and 12 months storylines. They are told they are writing for an audience of 1. He said that some of the ideas he heard were really good.
- They said Hunter is very frustrated each night in the back. He looks like the most frustrated person in the building each night and he is always consoling the talent.
- The Wild Card idea was not in the script as of last Monday Morning.
- The Superstar shakeup changed week to week and it did not end up at all how it was to go off. Months of planning went into how it was to go down and it all was thrown out the window.
- The Smackdown and Raw writing teams are the same for both shows now.
- Vince wants suggestions for everyone but rarely uses them.
- The writers said he doesn't watch NXT and maybe watches the Takeovers. So he doesn't really know much about the talents that come up and just creates his own vision for them.
- The writers said he doesn't keep track of anything outside WWE. Basically he watches the network and works out.
- There is no chance he steps down or takes a step back until the day he dies even with the XFL.
- They said Dana Brooke has been the hardest worker over the last three years. She gets there early, works in the ring etc. Does anythng she can to get better. They pitch TV segments for her and she gets nothing.
- Right now they are all working for Dana Warrior.
- They have it in their contract that under no circumstances that the show would be moved to FS1. It will stay on Fox.
- They all loved Road Dogg and feel like he will end up with AEW.
- It is a toxic atmosphere because of Vince.
- When Neville left there was a shouting match between him and Vince. He flipped out on him and it was the last time they ever saw him.
- The stop start stuff we see is because Vince gets interested for a week and then changes his mind. He said this is demoralizing for the talent and the writers because they work so hard to put this stuff together and then he just changes his mind. It gets to a point where everything you are writing is not on TV and then you watch the stuff on TV and it's so bad.
- The talent is very unhappy. There are people wanting/trying to get out of their contracts.
- Bruce Prichard is a pleasure to work with but he hasn't made a difference. He can't get through to Vince either. They said Shane has even had conversations with Vince and Vince laughed him off. Shane, HHH and Steph have all tried this.
- They all assume they will get fired. They all listen to popular podcasts and it breaks their heart because they get bashed but they really have no say.
- They have 37 total wrtiers.
- Andrade went to Vince and asked for a legit push. Vince told him to learn some English and kicked him out of the office. I guess last week he had a promo and spoke some English. He’s also taking English classes.
- They said the Firefly Funhouse is all Bray Wyatt's idea. He is a genius when it comes to character development.
- They said when Fox first came in they said they wanted the top stars and are not paying for a B show.
- They said the best time they had the last few years was when there was brand specific PPVs because so many guys got so many opportunities.
- The Zayn character is Vince yelling at the fans and the critics and despises that the fans don't enjoy what he is giving them.

It was at about the 14 minute mark of his Raw post show.

god help us if road dogg ends up in aew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All sounds pretty believable, but it also all sounds pretty easily faked.

I can't believe The Road Dogg was so unfairly maligned.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The part that makes me think its true is hyping up Dana Brooke of all things.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
WWE is extremely bad but money in the bank is a deece card and the first live event I will be going to since 2000

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Uncle Paul was so busy consoling everyone he forgot to return Harper's calls

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm stealing this from "Evolution" on the F4W Board.

A guy called into Wade Keller's show last night. Take this FWIW. He said he has few friends that's a member of creative and he shared this:

this all sounds about right. i do believe that paul is frustrated, because he's still aware enough to see when something just sucks, but i also believe that he'll eventually become exactly like vince anyway??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

All sounds pretty believable, but it also all sounds pretty easily faked.

I can't believe The Road Dogg was so unfairly maligned.

Same.

Just one thing on modern Creative writers they tend to write in the "wouldn't it be great if" mode rather than asking would it generate business or draw money and their identification of talent/star is usually bizarre. I've never been impressed by anyone in the last 15 years when they gave interviews after their release.

But given the current state of play, I'd settle for a story any story rather than endless erratic reboots and zero continuity we currently get.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only thing that seems off is the FS1 thing because why would it either be in the writers contract or why would the writers know details about the wwe/fox contract that doesn’t directly involve them

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OctoberCountry posted:

Uncle Paul was so busy consoling everyone he forgot to return Harper's calls

Triple H can still two-faced and squirrely but Vince has ultimate sign off on talent releases. That's the honest truth.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I have to admit, as much as I disliked the reveal of Bray's new in-ring (presumably) persona, I did get a laugh out of him doing the Yowie Wowie! line in the new voice.

Very much looking forward to the crowd chanting "Yow Wee Wow Wee *clap clap clapclapclap*" during his matches

Since we're going dark circus and Harper requested his release, will he be partnered with Bray again and dress in drag to be the bearded lady?

e: The mask isn't the dumbest thing I guess, hell WWE did a whole thing where the McMahons were constantly trying to hide Kane's mask from him and it was... okish?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 14, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
At this point I kinda have to wonder if being on WWE creative is a nightmare tier level job. I mean you could be an incredibly skilled storyteller but it doesn't matter because Vince woke up that day and put his right sock on first, so he's throwing everything out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1128351682453278720

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 14, 2019

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Grant DaNasty posted:

- Nobody should ever rip WWE creative. They have some brilliant and cool ideas. They have 1 month, 3 month, and 12 months storylines.

Why even bother?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Isn't it well-known Road Dogg resigned?

You don't resign despite being one man's death away from being the next Kevin Dunn unless you're really, really miserable.

"But he would defend WWE on Twitter" you may say.

Pretty much everyone who left TNA and shat on it during the complete purge was defensive of it while they were working there.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

quote:

Right now they are all working for Dana Warrior.

I hope Vince bequeaths all his voting shares to Dana Warrior in his will so she can take over.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Bray Wyatt now going door to door trying to shock people

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guest profesor: Hulk Hogan

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That sensitivity training is going to be such a joke lmao.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

There's no way Lars has 100 grand in liquid assets, he looks like a guy who buys beef jerky with all his spare cash

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

That sensitivity training is going to be such a joke lmao.

Given how WWE does their payoffs WWE can fine him now and then piecemeal the 100k back over the year.

As the saying goes I trust them as far as I can throw them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Draxion posted:

There's no way Lars has 100 grand in liquid assets, he looks like a guy who buys beef jerky with all his spare cash

Look if you don't buy the fatty jerky it just gets thrown out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Given how WWE does their payoffs WWE can fine him now and then piecemeal the 100k back over the year.

As the saying goes I trust them as far as I can throw them.

Or just fine the 100k in meaningless increments.

Or do both of those things.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

rovert posted:

You are moving the goalposts here. You bizarrely compared talent's input on their creative with their touring schedule.

No one ever, ever said they had any input in WWE's touring schedule especially the European tour. If you can go back on my posts in the last month or so and I said how lovely it was for the Wrestlers to have to work two weeks without a rest day. I compared them to touring musicians, comedians and dance troupes. And said I am not aware of any of them who have to work under similar conditions.

Your Nattie farting example is seven years old by the way.

Lighten up, Francis.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

gently caress Lars but if this is true it's also incredibly hosed up. He's not an employee, these comments existed before he was hired, they knew about them when they hired him, and they're only doing this now because of public outage. This is really wildly hosed up.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that's probably the best reason to believe it's a sham punishment

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gumball Gumption posted:

gently caress Lars but if this is true it's also incredibly hosed up. He's not an employee, these comments existed before he was hired, they knew about them when they hired him, and they're only doing this now because of public outage. This is really wildly hosed up.

For what its worth, some of those comments may have been made while he was under contract. Not quite sure when he signed exactly other than the year (2013), but some of his posts were from that same year.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They're still gonna have him beat up minorities every week

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DarkstarIV posted:

At this point I kinda have to wonder if being on WWE creative is a nightmare tier level job. I mean you could be an incredibly skilled storyteller but it doesn't matter because Vince woke up that day and put his right sock on first, so he's throwing everything out.

Imagine having your every idea shouted down, hours of work and research being thrown out minutes before the show started, and having to constantly change everything you write.

Unless it pays a hell of a lot, I can't imagine anyone being really motivated there, which probably doesn't help things at all.

It also probably drives you insane when your storylines are limited to "two guys have a contract signing and don't like each other" to "two girls don't like each other because one is prettier than the other one" with the ever popular "This guy is a loser geek and Baron Corbin should beat him up" thrown in there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Rest assured it's an absolutely fake punishment and he won't actually see any loss of money.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It'd better be fake because I'll be pissed if WWE's Draconian hold on their contractors makes me give a luke warm defense of a nazi.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
What's the average employment for WWE writers, like 3 months? I feel like time and time again we hear about writers that came in starry-eyed and left shortly after.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god help us if road dogg ends up in aew

Eh, they wouldn’t be putting him in creative, he’d probably do what Billy’s doing and be brought on as an agent and just be coaching the indie kids on how to work for TV since like 90% of their talent at this point have barely if ever done it before.

He’d probably be a promo coach above all else. Between him, Billy Gunn, and Jerry Lynn, I’d definitely go to Road Dogg first if I needed help nailing a promo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

billy gunn is the head writer of AEW and jerry lynn is the chief technology officer

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I thought Road Dogg was still in the WWE but stepped down from Creative to do some other poo poo for the company.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Thirty. Seven. Writers.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
37 writers but only one man writes anything that makes it to air.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

boar guy posted:

Thirty. Seven. Writers.

Be fair, someone has to write stuff for all the wrestlers that Vince is never going to use or push in any meaningful way.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tweak posted:

that's probably the best reason to believe it's a sham punishment

Someone who I trust more than anyone in Pro Wrestling just reached out to me that he knows guys who have been fined by WWE and WWE never takes the money.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Be fair, someone has to write stuff for all the wrestlers that Vince is never going to use or push in any meaningful way.

they should do an Axe Cop thing for like 6 months and let a 5 year old write the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the only thing that seems off is the FS1 thing because why would it either be in the writers contract or why would the writers know details about the wwe/fox contract that doesn’t directly involve them

I don't think they meant in the writers actual contracts. Probably just the company. And I could see that being something that might get spread around giving there were strong rumors about the possibility of them being jettisoned after a few months.