Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'd like to see more stuff in the pit where we see the damage that various bots have taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

MiddleOne posted:

I want a magnet bot. Can we get a magnet bot.

Full body spinner with an electro-magnet that clamps it to the floor when needed.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

GuavaMoment posted:

Shrederator (and Shellshock) both have this already, for all the good it does them. Shrederator lost a fight on a Chinese show because the magnet wouldn't turn off, and it prevented him from moving.

Wow, okay. Guess my ideas on the power of electromagnets is out of whack, as Shrederator flies around the arena no problem. Or maybe my grasp of the crazy kinetic energy released on those impacts.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Lone Goat posted:

It's not "self inflicted damage" if you get hit by your opponent's weapon, lmao.

That rule is for stuff like Megabyte spinning itself into a frenzy and caroming off 3 walls, or Shatter banging the floor with its hammer and half its ablative armour falling off.

Half the pretty plastic and vinyl aesthetic covers on their ablative armour, you mean.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I like watching Tombstone fights to see his patented "show the enemy my rear end so they run in and then spin around and tear them apart" manoeuvre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Rectal Death Deft posted:

Why did the announces keep claiming in their commentary that the killsaw activations were mistakes this season? I think it happened probably a half dozen times.

Every now and again you see some little bollards come out of the floor but they never get mentioned and almost never come out during a fight, only during the warm-up. I've never heard them referred to ever.