Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Woah, bad internet. No!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
I knew something was off... a goon within 150 miles. Spending the whole time in St Lucia, or coming to a good island?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol.
I wish we could afford to island hop. But yeah, were here for the duration of the trip.

How about you, "goonsir"?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Aloha, op!

Looks like you're having fun.

Hakuna matata!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

fins posted:

I knew something was off... a goon within 150 miles. Spending the whole time in St Lucia, or coming to a good island?

Can I stay overnight a few days?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I have decided, after a couple days of driving and getting used to the island way of driving here, that I want to become a rallycross driver

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Burt Sexual posted:

Anytime

The Bananana posted:

I have decided, after a couple days of driving and getting used to the island way of driving here, that I want to become a rallycross driver
I'm somewhere else in the lesser antilles. Don't wan't to dox myself, but piton sucks, Carib is a way better beer.

You'd be suprised (or not..) at the average blood alcohol of your fellow road users. I think the police here just got their first breathalizer, but so far it's still in the box.

edit: Seen anyone out and about with a big-rear end cutlass yet?

fins fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 18, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

op if you arnt constantly eating tropical fruit to become more powerful ill kick ur frickin butt

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Next time hire a driver for the duration of your stay.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Next time hire a driver for the duration of your stay.

Yeah, and next time I'll land in my gold rocket ship made out of pure gold too. Lol.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

op if you arnt constantly eating tropical fruit to become more powerful ill kick ur frickin butt

I'm trying as much as I can of everything local, including the fruit.

Yesterday I ate a Kassava Cake. Very good, and gluten free. Considering the GF craze in the US, I'm surprised it's not a more well known item back home.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Do it. With the goon or not, but come on down. Its definitely my best vacation experience yet.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

The Bananana posted:

Yeah, and next time I'll land in my gold rocket ship made out of pure gold too. Lol.

With an unemployment rate at 20+% and avg gdp per capita at <10k USD you could get the driver for like 100 bucks...

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Guys...

Maybe we should organize the next goonmeet to be on this island.

We'll stimulate their economy and have a jammin' good time!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bananana posted:

Guys...

Aruba, or I’m a no show.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
Hijackin this thread to tell random stories of caribbean life.

A few years ago a friend was walking down the street, got stopped by a tourist asking where he could buy weed.
Sounds kinda normal, except said friend is a lawyer and having just left court, was wearing a three piece suit and carrying a briefcase.

Car wise, the test for roadworthiness is a little less comprehensive than other places, but takes almost as long. First , you wait in a long as line, drive up , turn on your lights, turn on your indicators, honk your horn, use your windshield wipers, press your breaks and yor done,. Police dude writes down various things on a scrap of paper.
You park up on the side of the road somewhere and join another line. Another police officer takes the paper, asks you some more questions and fills in a form. You then go back to the first dude for him to sign it.
You then drive to a governement office is the middle of town (with 0 parking) and join another line. This one tends to stretch from the 2nd floor, down the stairs and out into the street. If you want to wait an extra hour make sure your visit coiincides with lunch. When you get to the front of the line, you wait for the person to find your registration from the giant pile of filing cabinets behind them. You pay them whatever, then join another line, where yet another police officer checks your insurance certificate and gives you a sticker.
You then spend between 5 and 45 minutes scraping off last years sticker from inside your windshield (whatever glue they is so drat strong after a year curing in the caribbean sun) and put on the new one, and you are done.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
:toxx:

first person to reply who can get to JFK with about $600 for a return flight can come stay for a week. (30th - 6th +- a few days)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I've never seen this before.
I'm interested to see what happens.

:munch:

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Man this is cool to see pics of that place twenty years later. Back in the day we stayed at the resort just south of the Pitons and did some exploring in the forested area between where you are and there. After, we took a helicopter back to the airport. I know what you mean by the driving... I wouldn't be surprised if there was a car horn on the helicopter by now.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Got new pics gonna post some soon.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

The Bananana posted:

I'm trying as much as I can of everything local, including the fruit.

Yesterday I ate a Kassava Cake. Very good, and gluten free. Considering the GF craze in the US, I'm surprised it's not a more well known item back home.

Post a pic of that kassava cake pls

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Chalkece posted:

Post a pic of that kassava cake pls

I didn't take any pics! We devoured them too fast for that, lol.
Maybe we'll swing by again later and take pics that time.

The Bananana posted:

Cross-postin' from my St. Lucia thread in GBS, but here are some sweet motorcycle moments from the island. I got much more. Will share more about it over in the other thread later.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Me, Holding Up The Mountain With My Immense Strength

Model (not to scale) Of Gros Piton Made By The Locals

A Catte From The Local Restaurant That Was My Friend I Never Knew I Needed

Action Jackson Through The Rainforest Cafe

DEFINITELY NOT STARBUCKS. ORIGINAL BUSINESS, DO NOT STEAL!!!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

grillster posted:

Man this is cool to see pics of that place twenty years later. Back in the day we stayed at the resort just south of the Pitons and did some exploring in the forested area between where you are and there. After, we took a helicopter back to the airport. I know what you mean by the driving... I wouldn't be surprised if there was a car horn on the helicopter by now.

I don't know if I'll ever come back here-- if life will ever bring me back, but if it doesn't, I take solace in sharing this stuff with all y'all and having all the pictures.
Together, I hope they'll keep this place in the special part of my goony heart. :unsmith:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The Bananana posted:

Guys...

I'd be down to do a goon meet on a tropical island unironically.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Those pics are sweet I gotta upload some of my Thailand photos.

Moto ftw.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Good thread op. Well done.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

Those pics are sweet I gotta upload some of my Thailand photos.

Moto ftw.

Please do.

Make this poo poo the vacay thread.

Here's a place I had lunch at.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Bananana posted:

Please do.

Make this poo poo the vacay thread.

Here's a place I had lunch at.

looks sweet OP

whats the best thing you have eaten?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

And lunch was a cacao nib infused... eh, it was basically just a fancy cheeseburger.

CHEESEBURGERS IN PARADISE!

(I'm listening to Jimmy Buffett again for the thousandth time this trip, much to my wifes chagrin. Lol.)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats less FRIES than Doobie!!!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Chinatown posted:

thats less FRIES than Doobie!!!

You dont want to know what they charged me for a drat burger and fries.

Doobie coulda made millions!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bananana posted:

You dont want to know what they charged me for a drat burger and fries.

Doobie coulda made millions!

I could tell from the view and the plates. Rich Banana itt

Nah live it up man.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

:geno:
we missed our flight

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

WE MISSED.
OUR MOTHER loving.
FLIGHT!
:ssj:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

yikes

i missed my flight one time cause im a turbo dumbass who thought that 01:30 was 1:30 pm.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
missing a flight is the tippy top tier of self-owns

u just got self-owned OP!!!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Huge huge huge props to Delta for being SURPRISINGLY chill and incongruent with my expectations of airlines, and rebooking us for tomorrow for no additional cost.

If I had a Twitter, this is where I'd tweet great job delta or some poo poo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wow OP sucks your stuck on a tropical island and extra day!!!! maybe start a gofundme :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bananana posted:

Huge huge huge props to Delta for being SURPRISINGLY chill and incongruent with my expectations of airlines, and rebooking us for tomorrow for no additional cost.

If I had a Twitter, this is where I'd tweet great job delta or some poo poo.

This is why delta is #1. Gg op though lol. Why’d you miss it? JUst do the full self own